Old save game not working on digital copy

ANTIOX_

Hi. So last time I played this which was over 2 years ago I had a save on Ps4 and almost completed it. Sadly I had to give the copy back to a friend. 

Now with ps plus I had chance to finish playing it but for some reason it won't recognise my old save. Any ideas? 

-This was a save from a physical Ps4 copy and I'm trying to play on the digital Ps4 copy-

I had a similar thing with the Last of Us Remastered. Went back to it on a digital version after playing on a physical copy, and my save wasn't recognised.

It was because the region version was different. Physical was UK, but the digital was EU (or something). Maybe this is a similar issue. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ANTIOX_ said:

It could be I guess! One being euro and one being u.k

What with brexit and all. 

I've heard about Ps4 saves not crossing over to ps5 but so far nothing about what I'm having.. 

It’s most likely a regional thing like people have said, however I’d appreciate it if anybody knows for sure and can clarify this.

Now that we got Days Gone on PS+, I may consider selling or trading my disc copy. But I want to be sure that I can come back to the game in a few months or a year and do a Survival 2 run with my existing saved data like I originally planned to.

I had EU disc of Uncharted 4 which I sold after it was on PS+. The save file was not compatible even though regions were identical.

Uncharted 4 now appears twice in my games list so I'm assuming the SKU codes were different.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:58 AM, HusKy said:

I had EU disc of Uncharted 4 which I sold after it was on PS+. The save file was not compatible even though regions were identical.

Uncharted 4 now appears twice in my games list so I'm assuming the SKU codes were different.

You sure? Retail U4 here and after this U4 PS+ and my old save work like a charm. 

• 2 years later...

Hello just had the same issue 
My Ps plus premium account is FR region i remember buying days gone with my US account played it like for 3 hours on the ps4 moved to ps5 redownloaded all my saves games, saw days gone free with ps plus premium addedd to liberay, but neved played it until yesterday when I  launched the game there were no save game redownloaded again same.
So i delete the whole game and redownlaoded GAME DATA   from the US account and now it's working fine with my older save games so YES saves games ARE REGION LOCKED.