Help! PS5 HD Camera Doesn't work with JD 2021

Paperclip1776

I've tried to connect the HD camera to JD 2021 and won't recognize during the game setup (chose mobile, move controls or camera).  I try to choose the camera option (which is pictured as the PS4 camera) but it won't allow me to select it - remains greyed out.  JD 2021 works on my PS4 with the PS4 camera just fine so the game works.  I was able to setup the PS5 HD camera and perform face tests no problem so I know the PS5 camera is functioning.  I also noticed the light goes on the PS5 camera when I turn on the PS5 so the system is recognizing the camera when booting up as well.

I'm stuck.  My PS4 is now in another room of the house (wife rules, not mine) and JD is not possible in the new location.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Just letting you know that you posted this on the PS4 forums instead of the PS5. You may get more relevant replies if posting on the correct forums page.

The PS5 camera is not compatible with Just Dance 2021. I believe you can only use smartphones on the PS5 version unless you use the PS4 camera with a PS4-PS5 camera adapter.

At this moment in time, the only supported controllers for the PS5 are the DualSense Controller (Menu navigation) and Just Dance Controller App.

SOURCE

Edited by gameoncomrade
Added quote from Ubisoft Support Staff
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

Just letting you know that you posted this on the PS4 forums instead of the PS5. You may get more relevant replies if posting on the correct forums page.

The PS5 camera is not compatible with Just Dance 2021. I believe you can only use smartphones on the PS5 version unless you use the PS4 camera with a PS4-PS5 camera adapter.

Thank you for your response!  Sucks that the 2021 version doesn't work with the latest system and accessories but there you go.

And thanks for the response on my post.  I have to remember that some games have a PS4 and a PS5 forum.  Appreciate the help!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 09/04/2021 at 6:08 AM, Paperclip1776 said:

Thank you for your response!  Sucks that the 2021 version doesn't work with the latest system and accessories but there you go.

And thanks for the response on my post.  I have to remember that some games have a PS4 and a PS5 forum.  Appreciate the help!

The camera is only used for facecam whilst streaming/recording. You can't use the PS5 HD camera for anything else (Eg. VR, Just Dance, Motion tracking etc.)

• Like 2