Call of the Sea - Trophy thoughts

Abby_TheLastofUs

• 1 month later...

I'm looking forward to playing this. I love the look of the environments and the atmosphere. It reminds me of Myst in many ways. Glad to see this will be an easy and enjoyable platinum, with a guide at least ?

Edited by Loreic

24 minutes ago, Loreic said:

I'm looking forward to playing this. I love the look of the environments and the atmosphere. It reminds me of Myst in many ways. Glad to see this will be an easy and enjoyable platinum, with a guide at least 1f44d.png

If it has puzzles similar to Myst then it's cool, if it's another walking simulator with the amnesiac protagonist then meh.

Edited by Ptirle

3 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

If it has puzzles similar to Myst then it's cool, if it's another walking simulator with the amnesiac protagonist then meh.

More of the latter... I played it on PC and was disappointed. I think it's a boring game.

I quit my playthrough halfway through and watched the ending on YT. Cuz.. y'know .. fast forward.

15 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

I played this on Steam. It is much walking simulator with OK history and not heavy puzzle lik Myst and Obduction.

But very easy to get Platinum.

Edited by Antonius87

This is not a walking sim. A pure point and click type adventure game. Fun little game with some neat puzzles. There was only one puzzle towards the end of chapter 3 that was absurd. Completed Xbox and PC back to back on gamepass. Will get this one later on sale. 

• Like 1

On 13-5-2021 at 0:07 AM, ABE_915 said:

I think lens aligner in Chapter 2 is bugged, literally tried for a good 30 minutes, mine looked exactly as it was in guide but still nothing happened. I don't know has anyone else gotten this or is it just me?

I don't know what guide you are using but this should be the solution 

Spoiler

Small circle one – one and four

Small circle two – three and five

Medium circle one – one and two 

Medium circle two – three and three

Large circle one – three and one

Large circle two – five and three

I like a lot of walking sims but this game is boring imo. Don't really have any emotional attachment to any of the characters, the puzzles are boring and this game commits the cardinal sin of having a slow "run" speed so it takes probably twice as long as it would if you could move around the game world freely

• 9 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 2:40 AM, Calhoun_84 said:

I don't know what guide you are using but this should be the solution 

Reveal hidden contents

Small circle one – one and four

Small circle two – three and five

Medium circle one – one and two 

Medium circle two – three and three

Large circle one – three and one

Large circle two – five and three

I was using the guide posted above (Maka's guides) for this and it was definitely bugged on ps5 version back when it was released. It was fixed with latest patch I believe as I was able to move on to platting the game.

Thanks for the reply though. 

• 7 months later...

As others have said, this is absolutely not a walking sim - not that there's anything wrong with walking sims - this just isn't. It's a story driven puzzle adventure game and an enjoyable one at that. I completed it blind with no guides on my first run and then cleaned up trophies on chapter select with some guides, and that's honestly the way I would recommend doing it. The fun is in those awesome eureka moments.

My favourite thing about it is that every chapter gets bigger with the puzzles seeming more and more intimidating at first, but once you analyse everything you've acquired when exploring the map you realise how simple the puzzles really. I don't even think it's an exaggeration to say that Harry and Norah pretty much solve the most crucial steps of the puzzles for the player... And as mentioned by another poster, I like how it eases you into the big elaborate puzzles at the end of each chapter by making you do the smaller aspects to it beforehand throughout the map so you can then apply that knowledge later.

The main character's dialogue delivery is annoying and the unskippable cutscenes are brutal when doing trophy clean up in chapter select but, other than those issues, a fine little indie game. Gonna speedrun the platinum on the PS4 version shortly.

• Like 1