How did people get past these bugs?

Rando-Calrisian-

I am using the latest patch at the time of writing, 1.2.

I know that Fairweather t-500 Vitreous Enamel is still unobtainable as the gauntlets don't appear even after the patch making the platinum unobtainable at this point.

I have encountered the following bugs that are preventing other trophies for me, but I see that people have them? Did you get the same bugs as me and how did you get past them?

1) The Figurines Won't Win Her Back: in the dream sequence, when you talk to the lady who you need to give the figure to, when I get to her, I see the text then it freezes, and I can't press continue.

2) Committee of la Responsabilité: I got past the bug in the church by making the text larger and setting voice to classic. However, I get another bug at the very end when climbing on the statue where it freezes and there is no option to continue.

3) The Icebreaker: No bugs but am stuck on quest. How did you finish it?

Hi

I have the figures trophy. You need to do the same as with Pigs, when approaching D keep holding the left sick and the dialogue should appear. 

The second one is a pain as I've seen people have got this but I can't see a work around. 

Working on the third now. From what I understand you need to talk to the trucker, rene, Gary and then Measure head. You then need to pass a check with June and speak to the pale driver (old trucker by the statue). I also have race master and the reality thought from June internalised. Hoping this all works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

However, I get another bug at the very end when climbing on the statue where it freezes and there is no option to continue.

I got past this part, but failed the Empathy check to complete the quest. So, I figured I'd return to it later when I'd put more points into Empathy. Another in-game day later, and the game gets stuck atop the statue. Ugh.

I've been making liberal use of saves throughout my playthrough. Once I finish the story tonight, I'll load that particular savefile and see if I can figure out what's breaking the quest. Maybe something to do with being on Day Three vs Day Four? I gotta say, some of these bugs have been really frustrating...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

1) The Figurines Won't Win Her Back: in the dream sequence, when you talk to the lady who you need to give the figure to, when I get to her, I see the text then it freezes, and I can't press continue.

Don't start the cutscene, zoom out to max, as soon as you can select the woman just tap X once, Henry will walk up to her and then you can press continue.

Edited by TehTeribad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bra-C-Ket said:

Does anyone know how to continue the networthy Individual trophy one, Im at the part where it says to sell the painting to the rich guy in the container but it's locked now and cant get back in.

Im stuck there as well. I haven't found anything online. Im going to start another playthrough.

10 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

3) The Icebreaker: No bugs but am stuck on quest. How did you finish it?

What exactly is this trophy? I don't remember a quest by that name. 

Has anyone actually finished the game? After the final speech is over my game freezes on a black screen and I can only listen to the final music that's playing. I don't get any credits or anything. I have to shut the game down and restart it, which is starting to become annoying because the final dialogues take ages. Is there any way to approach the scene so it won't bug?

1 hour ago, lassandradixon said:

Has anyone actually finished the game? After the final speech is over my game freezes on a black screen and I can only listen to the final music that's playing. I don't get any credits or anything. I have to shut the game down and restart it, which is starting to become annoying because the final dialogues take ages. Is there any way to approach the scene so it won't bug?

I have the same Issue in my second run. Sadly this was my hardcore run so this is really Frustrating. First run was finished before the Patch and credits were rolling. now it is a Black screen without the trophy. So maybe it has something to Do with the Patch but i cant say for sure

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

I have the same Issue in my second run. Sadly this was my hardcore run so this is really Frustrating. First run was finished before the Patch and credits were rolling. now it is a Black screen without the trophy. So maybe it has something to Do with the Patch but i cant say for sure

This is even more frustrating because I started a new game to see the ending. Apparently, I won't be seeing it any time soon.

5 hours ago, lassandradixon said:

What exactly is this trophy? I don't remember a quest by that name. 

The ice breaker trophy is received for the quest you get by thinking about fascists thoughts on the night of day 3. You talk to measurehead and then you need to become an expert in reality. I'm suck oh that bit and don't know how to proceed (no bug).

Re end of game, same thing happened to me. I pressed the home button on the PS5 and selected the first card in the menu that popped up. The credits rolled and hardcore trophy popped.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Re end of game, same thing happened to me. I pressed the home button on the PS5 and selected the first card in the menu that popped up. The credits rolled and hardcore trophy popped.

Haha what a shit way to Pop a trophy :D can confirm it worked for me and you will not know what i tried already haha.

Thanks for the tip mate, saved me another playthrough So really appreciate it :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

The ice breaker trophy is received for the quest you get by thinking about fascists thoughts on the night of day 3. You talk to measurehead and then you need to become an expert in reality. I'm suck oh that bit and don't know how to proceed (no bug).

I got this after getting stuck myself. I had the master race & thought gained from June when doing the reality side quest given by Lena. Think you'll need to do the full quest including when Kim isn't there. After all that, you'll be able to convince measurehead to talk alone. 

The rest of the quest is straight forward after that but you'll have a tough check (think it's endurance but do double check) so keep some skill points free. It's a red check so worth saving before doing this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allerburn said:

I got this after getting stuck myself. I had the master race & thought gained from June when doing the reality side quest given by Lena. Think you'll need to do the full quest including when Kim isn't there. After all that, you'll be able to convince measurehead to talk alone. 

Do you mean Joyce instead if June? I did that quest on Day 1 I think. What part of it involves Kim not being there?

5 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Do you mean Joyce instead if June? I did that quest on Day 1 I think. What part of it involves Kim not being there?

Sorry yes, the lady in the boat. There's a part in the reality quest where Kim says you don't want to get too much knowledge or along those lines. You can pass a volition check to get him to turn away and continue. If you fail this you need to come back alone. I think its this second part where you get a thought called jamais vu. 

This might not all be necessary but the first time I got locked out of the quest I'd completed the quest and had master race theory internalised but not jamais vu. 

3 minutes ago, allerburn said:

Sorry yes, the lady in the boat. There's a part in the reality quest where Kim says you don't want to get too much knowledge or along those lines. You can pass a volition check to get him to turn away and continue. If you fail this you need to come back alone. I think its this second part where you get a thought called jamais vu. 

This might not all be necessary but the first time I got locked out of the quest I'd completed the quest and had master race theory internalised but not jamais vu. 

Thanks will give it a go tonight, I'm pretty sure I completed that task, passed the checks and have both of those thoughts internalised.

5 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Thanks will give it a go tonight, I'm pretty sure I completed that task, passed the checks and have both of those thoughts internalised.

Talk to Joyce about reality until it unlocks that's how I progressed the questline

• Like 1