Stuck on White chracter Tendency

Bryantjesss

So yeah I got myself in quite a predicament

After just playing the game to experience the fun of it. I tried to get platinum on it. Following the guide thats connected to this game. I have come all the way where I should have pure white character tendency. 
But, I still didn't achieve it after killing all the black phantoms. 

Struggle #1:
1 of the phantoms isn't spawning for me Selen Vinland. Even after multiple relogs and console shutdowns she won't spawn. So I can't try that one to shift myself to pure white. I must be pretty close to pure white. 

Struggle #2:
I am still on NG+ and I can't seem to find any invaders to invade me. I am SL 56 which I should find some but I can't. Been wandering around in human form for ~3 hours. 

Struggle #3:
I can't just go to NG+ because I will have to do the Mephistopheles questline. Doing so will make sure I get pure black tendency on my character.

Does anyone know what I can possibly do to fix this? I really don't want to start over again. 

1 - Just make sure your world is pure black or she wont appear.

2 - If you're trying to get pure white character tendency, focus on killing named npcs, if you start losing fights to invaders it will only set you back even further.

3 - It's kind of hard to get pure black and pure white character tendency in the same playthrough. It sounds like you may need to focus on pure white in this playthrough (for the ally's ring) and then continue to a NG++ for the pure black (for the foe's ring).

Hope this info helps and good luck!

Edited by dirty_darkin

On 4/8/2021 at 9:43 AM, Bryantjesss said:

So yeah I got myself in quite a predicament

After just playing the game to experience the fun of it. I tried to get platinum on it. Following the guide thats connected to this game. I have come all the way where I should have pure white character tendency. 
But, I still didn't achieve it after killing all the black phantoms. 

Struggle #1:
1 of the phantoms isn't spawning for me Selen Vinland. Even after multiple relogs and console shutdowns she won't spawn. So I can't try that one to shift myself to pure white. I must be pretty close to pure white. 

Struggle #2:
I am still on NG+ and I can't seem to find any invaders to invade me. I am SL 56 which I should find some but I can't. Been wandering around in human form for ~3 hours. 

Struggle #3:
I can't just go to NG+ because I will have to do the Mephistopheles questline. Doing so will make sure I get pure black tendency on my character.

Does anyone know what I can possibly do to fix this? I really don't want to start over again. 

I had the same issue on my first playthrough. There are multiple problems that can set you back without even realizing it:

- you have to kill all the BP NPCs that spawn in PBWT yourself (no falling to death, poison, etc.), or it doesn't count towards PWCT

- you have to kill Old Monk online (so another player invades your game), or it doesn't count towards PWCT

- if you invade another player and kill them (e.g. for the "Unwelcome Guest" trophy), it actually shifts your CT towards black

after reaching PWCT, it is easy to reach PBCT in the same playthrough - just kill a bunch of those useless named NPCs, like the Filthy Man, Filthy woman etc. 4-5 should suffice. 

This Wiki page has excellent information, if you need any more tips or help on CT:

https://demonssouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Character+Tendency