Streets of Rage 4 - Mr X. Nightmare DLC - Official Trailer (2021)

ziggypossum

I'm excited for this. Loved SR 4 so much  I bought both a digital copy & then the Signitaure Edition when it released & I earned the platinum twice (my account & my wife's account as she'd been playing couch co-op with me so I finished the trophies off for her).

Will be buying this the day it releases irregardless of it having trophies or not although if it does get some, that would be a massive bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReoJee said:

Looks good. Wondering if other two characters are Max and Shiva. 

No release date though, was hoping it will be released on 1 year anniversary.

The two characters will be Max, and lastly Shiva, it is obvious, as they are the only Boss remade for the game, and it is clear that they would not only be the Boss but also playable characters.

This was always evident to me because Dotemu made it clear that a DLC would be released.

I hoping top It Will be released on 1 year anniversary.

• Like 1

I'm happy and also sad, as of course this makes all the physical versions out there old now.

Let's hope they release a second (or complete) version later down the line.

I hope they make online compatible with 3 and 4 players. Let's hope Mr X is in the game as the name suggests, his children I didn't really like all that much and the robot was kinda rubbish. A scrolling beat-em-up should always end with the final boss having a machine gun or similar lol.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I'm happy and also sad, as of course this makes all the physical versions out there old now.

Let's hope they release a second (or complete) version later down the line.

I hope they make online compatible with 3 and 4 players. Let's hope Mr X is in the game as the name suggests, his children I didn't really like all that much and the robot was kinda rubbish. A scrolling beat-em-up should always end with the final boss having a machine gun or similar lol.

I tried out this game on an alt account and I will definitely say it's a lot of fun. But this DLC confirms that I will not start it on my main account for a while. In the meantime I got other games to play.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I tried out this game on an alt account and I will definitely say it's a lot of fun. But this DLC confirms that I will not start it on my main account for a while. In the meantime I got other games to play.

Who knows, it might be one of those games that gets DLC but has no new trophies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shiva has just been confirmed as the 3rd DLC character & in the replies someone asked if there would be new trophies with the DLC. One of the developers (Lizard Cube) has replied & confirmed there will be:

I was already planning on getting this DLC on release date so the confirmation of new trophies for me is just a bonus.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

I'll pick the DLC up mostly out of hope the game itself in general will get a lot better. Love the series but I was seriously disappointed by IV (by its gameplay design choices for the most part, its story presentation, some of its tone and an obvious lack of content).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 11:32 PM, enaysoft said:

Probably doubtful there will be DLC trophies. I wonder if one of the new DLC characters will make the S rank hard mode trophies easier.

If you'd read through the thread you'd see that I actually confirmed on 28th May that there would be new trophies & provided proof in terms of where the developers said it on Twitter.

Things like this are why I created the confirmation post as it's own thread but one of the mods decided without explanation to merge it & all the replies in it into this thread where the info is lost.