Challenger Trophy.. Pain

Hello everyone. I’ve had this game on 95% for years now. The reason for that is the challenger trophy of course.

I’ve had no problems with this same trophy on Borderlands 2, it was only a minor grind and even kinda fun. This game however, it’s completely asinine.

There’s RNG challenges like all the grinder challenges which require no actual skill.

I’ve tried to attempt this trophy many times now, but I always scroll through the list once and close the game soon after. There’s just so much annoying stuff to do, and the sheer amount is very overwhelming. This is the only plat that stops me from platting all 3 games, so it would be amazing to finally get it done.

Any tips to approach this trophy?

I thought the grinder challenges were gonna take forever until I found a strategy from another forum online. Just take a second controller, log in to another account. When that account joins your game via split-screen, have them load a brand new level 1 character. This character comes with 2 white weapons, drop them. Log out of that account and repeat. Moonstone grind the white weapons over and over until you get 20 luneshine weapons. Not hard and only takes an hour max.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2021-04-09 at 10:33 PM, BigBlue198662 said:

I thought the grinder challenges were gonna take forever until I found a strategy from another forum online. Just take a second controller, log in to another account. When that account joins your game via split-screen, have them load a brand new level 1 character. This character comes with 2 white weapons, drop them. Log out of that account and repeat. Moonstone grind the white weapons over and over until you get 20 luneshine weapons. Not hard and only takes an hour max.

This was a fantastic tip, thank you! Worked like a charm. ?

Besides the Grinder challenges, the challenges in this game were a lot easier from Borderlands 2 from what I can remember. I literally got about 99% of them completely naturally over the course of one playthrough. As long as you’re trying different equipment and killing everything you come across, the vast majority of challenges should come completely naturally. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

This was a fantastic tip, thank you! Worked like a charm. 1f642.png

Besides the Grinder challenges, the challenges in this game were a lot easier from Borderlands 2 from what I can remember. I literally got about 99% of them completely naturally over the course of one playthrough. As long as you’re trying different equipment and killing everything you come across, the vast majority of challenges should come completely naturally. 

Glad it helped! Yeah I'd say the challenges were overall easier, definitely less of a headache than jimmy jenkins...

• Like 1

On 10.4.2021 at 8:33 AM, BigBlue198662 said:

This is a great tip, thanks! I'm almost done with the challenges myself, just need to grind the last point-blank shotgun kills to unlock the hidden shotgun challenge and then get the remaining luneshine weapons (currently at 4/20).

Edit: Just did the challenge and I noticed that you could do a moonstone grind for free with the starting weapons you get from the lvl 1 characters, the cost was 0 moonstones. Don't know if this has always been like this or if it's been patched at some point but you can get the 20 luneshine weapons without having to consume any moonstones.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

Edit: Just did the challenge and I noticed that you could do a moonstone grind for free with the starting weapons you get from the lvl 1 characters, the cost was 0 moonstones. Don't know if this has always been like this or if it's been patched at some point but you can get the 20 luneshine weapons without having to consume any moonstones.

Yeah this is exactly why this method is so fantastic. You don’t need to go out of your way to collect guns to grind, you don’t need to spend any money, and the level 1 white weapons have a 0 moonstone cost! The amount of time and resources this method saves you is crazy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah this is exactly why this method is so fantastic. You don’t need to go out of your way to collect guns to grind, you don’t need to spend any money, and the level 1 white weapons have a 0 moonstone cost! The amount of time and resources this method saves you is crazy.

Yep that’s how I did it too. Saved me quite a bit of aggravation and finally got the plat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Yep that’s how I did it too. Saved me quite a bit of aggravation and finally got the plat.

Another convenient use for a 2nd controller is obtaining the 2 co-op VaultHunter.exe modes with ClapTrap. It seems a lot of people (including myself) have a hell of a time triggering them organically in co-op, but using 2 controllers and suiciding/reviving I was able to obtain them both very quickly.

1 hour ago, Janire1911 said:

I also noticed that you could also do free grinds with the greens you got from grinding the whites.

Yes these extra grinds are very helpful towards the total too! And later on I used them for regular grinds to count as a +1 towards the 50 or 60 regular grinds you have to do for another challenge. ?

• Like 1