Is this really as bad as reviewers make it out to be?

Lady Lilith

I just played it for a couple hours on my friends system, and I think it's great.

I don't get the hate it's getting. Cerny by said himself his goal was to make Knack feel familiar to everyone. Especially those who have played Crash or Jak & Daxter.

People just have to treat game reviews as they do movie reviews. I love plenty of movies that have gotten some horrible ratings. It's all up to the audience to decide whether they like it or not.

I know I'll be buying it when I get my PS4 sometime next year.

I haven't really read anything that said it was "bad", most reviews put it at average, which I agree with after seeing a couple hours of it at my buddy's house.  I think most people are expecting something truly "next-gen" on their shiny new systems and this wasn't it.  Could be better, could be worse.

Everyone loves it... the reviewers are trolls lol 

Everyone loves it because they're excited about the PS4 and don't really have much to compare it to. 

Once "next-gen" gaming truly arrives I highly doubt Knack will be considered anything other than an average game.  After seeing it in action I didn't once think to myself "wow, next-gen is here", it looked like a perfectly average game that serves it's purpose - which is giving gamers something to do until the big guns arrive.

I'm glad you love it and I'm glad the majority of the Playstation faithful love it but as a next gen title... average is pretty fair.  If Uncharted 4 was a launch title, do you think anyone would be gushing about Knack?

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 4

story is kinda poor, voice acting is dull as most peoples call it after experience it.

so far it's one of the hardest ps4 title as much as it aimed for younger players it felt like it's super difficult for kids and even adults may have a problems with it when playing it for the first time, visually it's beautiful! but you still kinda feel as it don't have that wow feel or the " next-gen " as shadow fall did, it's considered something in between ps3 and ps4,

but all in all if you own a ps4 this game would still be a good edition to your collection before the big boys games hit the ps4 in the future,

some peoples even said they wished if ratchet & clank in to the nexus, was a launch title for the ps4 instead of Knack.  

I love it!  maybe im having a case of "I just got my shiny new system" but honestly it looks better than any other platformer ive played on the PS3.  I honestly do feel like it is "next gen" but the fact is that family friendly platformers are never in the "epic" category.  Most people who say its on the low end of gaming haven't really played it OR aren't into the genre.

Truthfully i was very skeptical and wasn't going to get it at first but then i decided that I wanted to support Mark Cerny who was the main man behind the PS4 and Knack... now i find myself wanting to get this difficult platinum because i can't put it down.  Its fun and poses a challenge that makes you want to keep playing and get better at battling and hunting for the relics.

and... its kept me from buying Killzone (one of the greatest looking games so far) and Assassin's Creed (one of the most over iterated franchises so far *trollface*).  This could be because lack of games but im one who liked the Ratchet and Clank style games so i could be biased.

If you don't like the genre then you won't like Knack... if you do like the genre and haven't tried the game because of reviews then you are missing out on a gem...

well thats my 10 cents (inflation)

• Like 4

I love it!  maybe im having a case of "I just got my shiny new system" but honestly it looks better than any other platformer ive played on the PS3.  I honestly do feel like it is "next gen" but the fact is that family friendly platformers are never in the "epic" category.  Most people who say its on the low end of gaming haven't really played it OR aren't into the genre.

Truthfully i was very skeptical and wasn't going to get it at first but then i decided that I wanted to support Mark Cerny who was the main man behind the PS4 and Knack... now i find myself wanting to get this difficult platinum because i can't put it down.  Its fun and poses a challenge that makes you want to keep playing and get better at battling and hunting for the relics.

and... its kept me from buying Killzone (one of the greatest looking games so far) and Assassin's Creed (one of the most over iterated franchises so far *trollface*).  This could be because lack of games but im one who liked the Ratchet and Clank style games so i could be biased.

If you don't like the genre then you won't like Knack... if you do like the genre and haven't tried the game because of reviews then you are missing out on a gem...

well thats my 10 cents (inflation)

I rest my case, if the king of loving bad games says it's great then you know you have a problem :devil:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I actually thought this game was pretty fun. The story wasn't amazing, a bit predictable from time to time, but a all around fun game. I almost have all the trophies for this game and honestly for the most part i had a good time. 

Don't worry about what people say. Everyone has their own opinion. 

• 1 month later...

Personally I hate the game while it's much to addictive. The huge amount of save points make you constantly decide to try again after you die, and then again, and then again, and then it's suddenly way past the time you should have gone to bed. Once you start playing it, you can't put it down. I Hate It, and while I talked about it I have to continue playing it yet again. AARRGGHH!  :shakefist:

Edited by DeviceZero
  • Like 1

Not struck on this at all. The combat is basic, deaths are cheap, graphics are average, VERY repetitive... I finished my 'hard' play through just because it'd drive me mad having a trophy list with only 1 or 2% earned, but I won't be aiming for the platinum.

Had a lot of potential, but ultimately, a let down.