Have Physical Disc will DLC work?

ChocoDoc1

I’m pretty sure the digital edition is the game plus dlc. 

But to answer your question yes, a physical game and digital dlc will work together. However, it’s a good rule of thumb to try to buy same region products as sometimes different region products won’t be compatible. 

In in other words if your copy of the game is NA buy the dlc from the NA store. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

In in other words if your copy of the game is NA buy the dlc from the NA store. 

That's not always the case, I had Prince of Persia from PS + on my PL account, and the DLC bought from the PL store didn't work. Had to borrow a UK copy of the game to play the DLC. The best way is to look at the region code, BLES00000 for example, and to see if they match up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

That's not always the case, I had Prince of Persia from PS + on my PL account, and the DLC bought from the PL store didn't work. Had to borrow a UK copy of the game to play the DLC. The best way is to look at the region code, BLES00000 for example, and to see if they match up.

Sorry to hear that but ok will check the region code too for that!

1 hour ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

Oh before I forget if the DLC is in my downloads list via account management even if the ps3 store closes, will I still be able to download them to my PS3?

According to others on this site, yes you can. It should be under downloads in account management I think. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2021/4/9 at 3:23 PM, HaserPL said:

How do you know the region code of digital games/dlcs? I have this base game on disc and the region code is BCAS-20250 which I can find from the cover and it's an Asian version. But I have no idea how to find the code of the dlcs which I'm trying to buy from Brazilian and/or Indonesia store because they're much cheaper there. I'd much appreciate if you could teach me how to tell if they'd be compatible with my base game.

6 hours ago, maneater2016 said:

How do you know the region code of digital games/dlcs? I have this base game on disc and the region code is BCAS-20250 which I can find from the cover and it's an Asian version. But I have no idea how to find the code of the dlcs which I'm trying to buy from Brazilian and/or Indonesia store because they're much cheaper there. I'd much appreciate if you could teach me how to tell if they'd be compatible with my base game.

Back in the day when you could use PS Store on the web to browse PS3 games their region code would be in the HTML link. Now when you only can buy digital stuff from the console I'm not sure.

5 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Back in the day when you could use PS Store on the web to browse PS3 games their region code would be in the HTML link. Now when you only can buy digital stuff from the console I'm not sure.

Well I think you'll find the link with code of each game from its own page on the website of psdeals.net. But the thing is that the code is UP0082-NPUB30818 which is the same from all 3 stores I mentioned. And it says in the description that 

Add-on content is only compatible with game disc TITLE (BCAS-20250).

which is the same as my disc. So I guess I can buy dlcs from any of the 3 stores. But it looks like the physical and digital versions of the same game have different region codes?

34 minutes ago, maneater2016 said:

Well I think you'll find the link with code of each game from its own page on the website of psdeals.net. But the thing is that the code is UP0082-NPUB30818 which is the same from all 3 stores I mentioned. And it says in the description that 

which is the same as my disc. So I guess I can buy dlcs from any of the 3 stores. But it looks like the physical and digital versions of the same game have different region codes?

If bought from the same country, the Region codes will be the same, regardless of if you get the Digital or Retail versions. The stacks for this game are as follows:

Global PS3

EU PS4 Definitive Edition

NA PS4 Definitive Edition

Asia PS4 Definitive Edition

The only time that DLCs won't work if bought from the same country as the game, is if for some boneheaded reason the devs upload a different version of the game to the store or otherwise mess it up but that is very, very rare and practically unheard of these days. The region code for DLCs is the same as the country you're getting them from e.g. US = R1, UK = R2, Hong Kong = R3, China = R6, Japan = R2, Russia = R5 etc. etc. Here's a Region Map of the world (it's meant for DVDs but it still applies in the case):

4daRHuq.jpg

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If bought from the same country, the Region codes will be the same, regardless of if you get the Digital or Retail versions. The stacks for this game are as follows:

Global PS3

EU PS4 Definitive Edition

NA PS4 Definitive Edition

Asia PS4 Definitive Edition

The only time that DLCs won't work if bought from the same country as the game, is if for some boneheaded reason the devs upload a different version of the game to the store or otherwise mess it up but that is very, very rare and practically unheard of these days. The region code for DLCs is the same as the country you're getting them from e.g. US = R1, UK = R2, Hong Kong = R3, China = R6, Japan = R2, Russia = R5 etc. etc. Here's a Region Map of the world (it's meant for DVDs but it still applies in the case):

4daRHuq.jpg

I confirm that the dlcs from both Brazilian and Indonesia stores are compatible with my base game from Hong Kong. I bought Nightmare in North Point from Brazilian store and Year of the Snake from Indonesia store. And both are the cheapest in the world as far as I know. Hope this'd be helpful to someone else.

1 hour ago, maneater2016 said:

I confirm that the dlcs from both Brazilian and Indonesia stores are compatible with my base game from Hong Kong. I bought Nightmare in North Point from Brazilian store and Year of the Snake from Indonesia store. And both are the cheapest in the world as far as I know. Hope this'd be helpful to someone else.

This sounds like one of the rare times were there is little or no Region locking for an item found in the Hong Kong store ?.