Abandoned

Ghost

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Something very interesting is if you translate “Hideo” from Japanese to Turkish, it becomes “Kahraman”. Both of their names mean Hero in their respective languages.

"Hideo" does not mean "hero" in Japanese. For some reason, when you Google Translate "Hideo," you're actually getting a translation of the Japanese word for "hero" (英雄, eiyū). I guess it's auto-correcting "hideo" to "hero"? No idea. Anyway, the name "Hideo" (秀夫) and the Japanese word for "hero" (英雄) have nothing in common.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

"Hideo" does not mean "hero" in Japanese. For some reason, when you Google Translate "Hideo," you're actually getting a translation of the Japanese word for "hero" (英雄, eiyū). I guess it's auto-correcting "hideo" to "hero"? No idea. Anyway, the name "Hideo" (秀夫) and the Japanese word for "hero" (英雄) have nothing in common.

Since it’s questionable I’ll remove it. Accuracy is more important. Somebody translated it and must have assumed. I’ll take your word. Thanks.

21 hours ago, NMErickson said:

The Mystery of Abandoned and the Interesting Silent Hill Conspiracy.

Let me first say that generally I’m not a big believer of conspiracy theories. But I have been following this story throughout the day and the coincidences and circumstances that surround Abandoned make it seem it could be more than what it claims to be...

I just saw a video about this and I gotta say, this is pretty fantastic and would absolutely be something Kojima would do xD 

Another thing that is interesting that was brought up on a podcast that I listen to is the recent Death Stranding Directors Cut video apparently had official metal gear music in it, which would have had to been approved by Konami... Maybe pointing to some sort of separate Metal Gear remaster or sorts? 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Since it’s questionable I’ll remove it. Accuracy is more important. Somebody translated it and must have assumed. I’ll take your word. Thanks.

I think I just realized what's going on. The name Hideo is usually written as 秀夫, but can also be written as 英雄. The standard reading of 英雄 is "eiyū" ("hero"), which is why Google is translating the word as "hero" ("kahraman" in Turkish). Unfortunately, Kojima's name is written as 秀夫 (not 英雄), so the whole thing kind of falls apart there.

Anyway, this whole theory is amazing and I want it to be true. ?

2 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I think I just realized what's going on. The name Hideo is usually written as 秀夫, but can also be written as 英雄. The standard reading of 英雄 is "eiyū" ("hero"), which is why Google is translating the word as "hero" ("kahraman" in Turkish). Unfortunately, Kojima's name is written as 秀夫 (not 英雄), so the whole thing kind of falls apart there.

Anyway, this whole theory is amazing and I want it to be true. 1f602.png

I mean... maybe I just want it to be true... but if it CAN be written as the latter, then I'd say it's still a bit of a coincidence.  It's more obscure (which might be the point) but it's not just plucked out of thin air.

Edited by Dreakon13

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I mean... maybe I just want it to be true... but if it CAN be written as the latter, then I'd say it's still a bit of a coincidence.  It's more obscure (which might be the point) but it's not just plucked out of thin air.

I mean, both 秀夫 and 英雄 are technically (or phonetically) the same name (Hideo), but they're not interchangeable. You can't just write Kojima's name as 小島英雄, that would be a completely different person. And 秀夫, which is his actual name, doesn't have the same meaning (hero), so it feels like all this is based on a Google Translate misinterpretation. It's a weird coincidence, though, I'll give you that. I'm probably overthinking this. It's entirely possible some Japanese person somewhere just typed "Hideo" (in Roman letters) into Google Translate, got "kahraman" out of it and then proceeded to create a fictitious game director based on that word lol.

• Like 2

I've never played a silent hill game and likely never will so I don't care particularly either way but this is so weird it has to be at least something right? When has a game ever had a dedicated launch app? Let alone from a developer seemingly out of nowhere? I find it odd that there was a playstation blog post about it as well, a teaser from nobody about a game with a placeholder title? The rest of it could be just a one man band stirring the fan base up into a frenzy for the publicity with some well thought out "coincidences" but whatever it turns out to be Playstation has to be in on it with the app and blog post... fascinating stuff though

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I mean, both 秀夫 and 英雄 are technically (or phonetically) the same name (Hideo), but they're not interchangeable. You can't just write Kojima's name as 小島英雄, that would be a completely different person. And 秀夫, which is his actual name, doesn't have the same meaning (hero), so it feels like all this is based on a Google Translate misinterpretation. It's a weird coincidence, though, I'll give you that. I'm probably overthinking this. It's entirely possible some Japanese person somewhere just typed "Hideo" (in Roman letters) into Google Translate, got "kahraman" out of it and then proceeded to create a fictitious game director based on that word lol.

It's not impossible that Japanese person is Hideo Kojima right? xD

I mean, using his actual name would be a pretty clumsy giveaway.  Using a technical/phonetical equivalent is enough to be a "weird coincidence" with a strong element of doubt.  It's perfect.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

“The app was first announced for release on June 20th, but a later tweet from the studio says it will be released June 22nd. The 22nd date seems to be more accurate, being a Tuesday, when most new games and apps hit the PlayStation Store.”

• Like 1

The app has been delayed again. Now launching on Friday 6/25. I can’t wait wait to see the size of it. If it’s a couple GB or more there’s gotta be a demo nestled in there for activation later perhaps. First it’s supposed to get you used to it and let you view a trailer in real time to see what Abandoned looks like. Sooo so weird. Here’s their tweet:

The Abandoned:Trailers app got delayed for three days. Due to localization issues we had to delay it. Apologies for this. Launching friday the 25th! Also: The app will kick off with an introduction to get you introduced with it’s purpose and how to use the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

The trailer app should be released today.

Great, now every "Indie" game is gonna want their own "Trailer App"... ?

ThoroughDemandingAnnashummingbird-size_r

Well, as long as Hideo is happy, then I guess that's all that matters ... ?

Edited by dmm121182

I don't think anyone would want a new Silent Hill game done with original Team Silent more than me, yeah that's right, not Kojima, but OG team, BUT... this is so fishy that is going to disappoint all those conspiracy theorist with epic let down.

That turkish guy said that he doesn't have anything to do with Kojima and Silent Hills or whatever and he really didn't do much before, he just used basic assets from unreal engine and other engines and made some demo games from that, this Abandoned game is no different. Game looks like shit.

But he made this on purpose to hype the game and of course there is no one better in the industry to get hype than with Mr. Kojima.

And I pray to God that I am wrong and that we will get something SH related or whatever, but I know we wont.

Edited by Ptirle