The Last Of Us Remake PS5

17 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I didn't think about that. I do think they're going to change one character, for sure. Remember how at the end of The Last of Us (the original), the doctor that [redacted due to spoilers, I think anybody that has played the original game knows who I am talking about] was dark skinned? Then, Naughty Dog changed him to a Caucasian man and made him the father of a certain popular (read: hated) character in the sequel? I could absolutely see ND changing that character to his updated TLOUPII model. The funny thing? People will still bitch. Just like they bitched when the character was changed in TLOUPII. Consistency be damned. People need to complain about anything.

I don't care if they change his character model as long as I can still kill him by shooting him in the toe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Oh yeah baby ? 

Cannot wait!!! 

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Think it's too expensive? Play the original. Funnily enough the people moaning about the price are the same ones complaining about its very existence and never had any intention to play it anyway lol!! Gotta love the good ol' gaming community bitchin' every chance they get about absolutely everything these days. Does this game need a remake? Not really. Am I going to be copping that Firefly edition? Damn fucking right I am ?

Just saw this comparison. Yeah, it looks absolutely outstanding.

• Like 2

When I heard "Remake" originally I thought they were going to change the story, characters, and gameplay for no reason and potentially ruin it when it was already a fantastic game in the first place. Thankfully it's actually more of a high quality remaster and they aren't altering a bunch of stuff

Edited by BlindMango

I'll agree that $70 is to muchnto charge for this, I think it should have topped at $50, but God damn, I'll still buy it anyway. I replayed Remastered right before Part II came out and it's more than a little clunky. The QOL stuff in this seems like it'll be worth it, and if it's followed by a PS5 native version of Part II, let's go.

Edited by communistwookiee

On 6/9/2022 at 7:44 PM, Elvick_ said:

Boo hoo people don't like a product by a corporation. Who cares if people don't like it? Yevon people need to accept different opinions and stop being so fucking defensive and insecure over theirs. And preemptive "sorry not sorry" nonsense is defensive and blares "I'm very insecure" in your opinion. You're already addressing disagreement when you could've just said you're excited and ignored those who think it's a useless cashgrab [which it objectively is]. Good for you.

@topic ; looks terrible. Enhance the Uncanny Valley! The original characters look better to me because there's actual art design to them and the new ones seem more like they're just trying to mirror how the actors look to 'better' fit the performance capture. U4 looks goofy as all hell because of that crap. Now this will too.

And lol at adding "Part 1" as if it was an unfinished game open for a sequel. It was a game that ended with a thought provoking ending, and you decided to reopen it just to shit on the original and it's characters, that's it. You could've had all new characters detached and it would'be been fine, but Neil was seething over Bruce not letting him make TLoU terrible so now he has the chance to right those wrongs too. 

I'd buy the Remaster on PC, but this "Part 1" farce can suck it.

I agree. It seems like you have to be in one extreme of everything and still you are wrong. I personally like more the art design of the original, characters doesn't need to be too realistic. But I hope everyone gets to enjoy the remake.

Nevertheless, there's no need to push remakes of games that don't need it; it could become a trend and the industry is pretty collapsed with remasters currently.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Looks even better than I thought it would. Glad the performances weren't redone because those were absolutely perfect already but it's cool how the animators used the old footage to rebuild new models and animations. 

Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsay are gonna absolutely kill it in the TV series, that much is obvious to anyone who has seen their performances in other media but it's nice to know that Troy and Ashley have a part in it as well!

TLoU Part II reaching 10 million sales earlier this year doesn't surprise me so I guess a third part is inevitable in the future.

I still have no real interest in a multiplayer game but Neil's teases of it are intriguing particularly with how the story will be told through it, I'll have to wait and see.

As for Neil's next project... could it be that rumoured fantasy RPG? Interesting times ahead for Naughty Dog.

Will we get the FF edition available at retail stores can’t find it anywhere except PS Direct!

5 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

O tempora, o mores

That's why I never read reviews, twitter and so on

I just don't give a flying fuck what other people say

You wanna play the game you like - just play it

The world went mad a long time ago and I don't care anymore, I'm too old for this shit

✊ hell yes

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

When I heard "Remake" originally I thought they were going to change the story, characters, and gameplay for no reason and potentially ruin it when it was already a fantastic game in the first place. Thankfully it's actually more of a high quality remaster and they aren't altering a bunch of stuff

pretty sure gameplay and enemy AI will be more like Part 2. Aside from that maybe a bit more detail to dialog and obviously graphics.

Damn. Firefly edition was only at PSDirect and sold out. Ugh. SMALL chance it gets retail but pretty rare.

I played and loved the game with the ps4 remastered version, don't see myself shelling out $70 for a remake of the remastered with no discount to current owners idk.. I'll wait for a sale or just never play it probably.. but good for all the first timers I guess.

I am interested in the game, and will sure be getting it day one.  

I definitely do feel that it is a little unnecessary, but considering how it got started I see why PlayStation Leadership pushed forward.

That said, I am starting to wonder from some of the responses I have seen, if TLOU Part 2 did some damage to the The Last of Us's "brand" reputation due to Abby, and Joel.  Also, with it feeling "unnecessary" being under a decade since the Remaster, and original for the PS3.  I am wondering if PS execs have a little too much confidence in it?  Or if the Internet trolls truly are the minority?

Edited by NxtDoc
Add Info

5 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

Remakes do, remasters mostly won't... Maybe change a couple up but the list remains mostly the same. 

Just curious as the original list was pretty standard. 

Maybe it will be. We'll see. I wonder if it's single player only or they added the multiplayer. I hadn't heard.

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

Maybe it will be. We'll see. I wonder if it's single player only or they added the multiplayer. I hadn't heard.

I'd be surprised if they include Factions considering they are working on the stand alone game. 

Would suck if they didn't.