The Last Of Us Remake PS5

Even though I am excited about this remake I probably wont plat or 100% it like I did with the PS4 version. I don’t want to have to do the Firefly/Hunter journey again. Will probably just get all SP trophies and call it a day. I played TLoU sooooo many times now but I’m still excited to replay it one more time ?

• Like 1

This makes me want to platinum the remastered version of the original. 

Likely, they'll shut down the servers soon (and this remake doesn't even have any form of multiplayer) so charging full price for a 1:1 remake of a nine year old game is really comical. Even though I have a PS5, I have zero interest in 99% of remakes - this included. With contemporary Sony, I'm sure that the trophy list will be a joke, too. No difficulty-related trophies for the platinum, 25% of collectibles or some stupid shit. 

Looking on eBay, a physical copy of The Last of Us: Remastered is only like $10. I'll bite that and get an infinitely better deal than this senseless remake. 

15 hours ago, kevao97 said:

so the factions will be shut down? wow i just finished it a little while ago

I doubt it. The MP is still pretty popular and has a lot of people playing it even though the game is several years old. It will probably be up for a few more years. 

On 11.6.2022 at 8:14 PM, Quink666 said:

I doubt it. The MP is still pretty popular and has a lot of people playing it even though the game is several years old. It will probably be up for a few more years. 

It is confirmed that the Remake has NO MULTIPLAYER. It's only the singleplayer of the main game + Left behind. So you won't have to play any multiplayer for platinum / 100% and the ps4 multiplayer won't shut probably.

They might add a speedrun trophy (maybe as dlc?) because it is confirmed, that the remake will have a seperate speedrun mode.

Bild

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 1:53 AM, westersburg said:

It is confirmed that the Remake has NO MULTIPLAYER. It's only the singleplayer of the main game + Left behind. So you won't have to play any multiplayer for platinum / 100% and the ps4 multiplayer won't shut probably.

They might add a speedrun trophy (maybe as dlc?) because it is confirmed, that the remake will have a seperate speedrun mode.

Bild

There is no doubt in my mind that Naughty Dog will shut down the online servers for the PS4 remaster of The Last of Us just like they did with Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 and the original Last of Us all on the PS3. Give or take a couple years, it will probably happen in that time frame.

As PS4 is now last gen and is long gone from the eyes of the masses, you’re essentially left with just a few people like myself who still play older games. 

This remake will sell well and will likely break some sales records. The masses will just mindlessly consume this just like they’ve done with other games simply for the label alone.

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Naughty Dog will shut down the online servers for the PS4 remaster of The Last of Us just like they did with Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 and the original Last of Us all on the PS3. Give or take a couple years, it will probably happen in that time frame.

As PS4 is now last gen and is long gone from the eyes of the masses, you’re essentially left with just a few people like myself who still play older games. 

This remake will sell well and will likely break some sales records. The masses will just mindlessly consume this just like they’ve done with other games simply for the label alone.

Since the ps5 is not selling as good as ps4 was in the same time period (due to production shortages) i'm quite certain that the ps4 will have longer support than the ps5. Especially since PS4 games are perfectly playable on a ps5 and not as obsolete as ps3 games.

10 hours ago, westersburg said:

Since the ps5 is not selling as good as ps4 was in the same time period (due to production shortages) i'm quite certain that the ps4 will have longer support than the ps5. Especially since PS4 games are perfectly playable on a ps5 and not as obsolete as ps3 games.

There was a bigger jump between PS3 and PS4 as well. 

Gaming as a whole seems to have plateaued. One of the developers for Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart admitted that the gaming industry is no longer about innovation and pushing the envelope. It’s about making quality of life updates and making existing features better. One good reason why we’ve gotten so many remasters in recent years that have higher resolution and higher frames per second. 

When I finally get a PS5 I will look forward to some of the new games. But we can’t expect a whole lot to be absolutely groundbreaking anymore.

11 hours ago, westersburg said:

ps4 shouldn't be supported at all anymore..Time to move forward. Eventually when more people can get a ps5 theyll have tons of games waiting for them. Unfortunately Sony decided to be like ahhhh we will release HFW on ps4 as well. Such a piss off. 

• 1 month later...

from what I see, I would never pay $70 for this day one, maybe $50, and then when it's on sale for $20

I just don't see many positives, gameplay is the same, it was never the attraction of the game, the graphics are great of course, but PS5 remake level great? hahaha, no, more like PS4 TLOU2 great, which is fine, but not $70 for a 2013 game type of fine, and the multiplayer is cut? with nothing new added? yeah, no thanks

• Like 1