The Last Of Us Remake PS5

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Presumably for the same reason people buy restored versions of movies they love on Blu Ray, despite already having the DVD.

It's a better version of a thing they already love :dunno:

Thank you! I tried explaining to my grandma and mom (though my mom is more understanding with tech, grandma replied when asked if her tv was a smart tv: "no, it wont turn on, I think its dumb"....)

Anyways yeah that 4K and even now standard bluray compared to VHS and DVD is huge in quality difference. Oddly enough i never have yet purchased my fave movie on 4k. Fight club.

theres a few dvds i own id like to up to 4K or Bluray at the least. *Physical media forever!*

As for the game. Idc. Im still getting it day 1. Same with Ys 8 ps5 which doesn't look much better than ps4 counterpart. 

Edited by Infected Elite

I wasn't expecting miracles, other than some re-worked character models and a crisper looking engine there wasn't anything leak or no-leak that made me think it was a proper "remake"... a word that's getting thrown around a bit too carelessly these days and Naughty Dog was guilty of.

That being said, I think it'll fall into an awkward spot where it's definitely more than a remaster (higher res, higher framerate, slap some new textures on and call it a day)... but not a remake (a different game following the same or similar story beats)... and I dunno what to call that lol.  It's more remaster than remake I guess.

In any case I'll probably buy this.  Just because I've been looking for an excuse to play through the games again anyways.

Edited by Dreakon13

30 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Look back to 2014 and the initial Xbox ONE backlash. Look back a couple of years to Sonic the Movie reveal trailer backlash. Remember the PS3 and Vita stores situation or something. Combine 2 and 2.

It might not always work but you need a backlash if you want to change stuff you REALLY don't agree with.

So the idea is to get outraged over absolutely everything and hope a few stick?  Have fun with that lol...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Can't understand or even read... "Perfect target audience" trophy unlocked.

I get what you mean, sometimes the outrage actually accomplishes something.  And if you want change, you need the outrage.  Fair enough.

The problem is, the gaming community is drunk on power because it worked a few times and outrage over everything now.  And lets be honest, it doesn't even really work that well.  Sure you managed to strong-arm a creative team into making Sonic look the way you want, but remasters still release for $70 and games still come out rife with microtransactions.  Keep fighting the good fight guys lol.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I get what you mean, sometimes the outrage actually accomplishes something.  And if you want change, you need the outrage.  Fair enough.

The problem is, the gaming community is drunk on power because it worked a few times and outrage over everything now.  And lets be honest, it doesn't even really work that well.  Sure you managed to strong-arm a creative team into making Sonic look the way you want, but remasters still release for $70 and games still come out rife with microtransactions.  Keep fighting the good fight guys lol.

No you don't, unfortunately. It's not the outrage. Which part of "voicing concern and then voting with your wallet" combo you don't get? If you not voicing concern devs are free to assume whatever they may please and keep stepping on the same rakes. But of course the wallet part is a must to have an effect in course correction.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

No you don't, unfortunately. It's not the outrage. Which part of "voicing concern and then voting with your wallet" combo you don't get? If you not voicing concern devs are free to assume whatever they may please and keep stepping on the same rakes. But of course the wallet part is a must to have an effect in course correction.

Or maybe I do understand, and I'm just not agreeing with you enough so you're getting upset.

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I always had a slight suspicion they always had the Sonic model they ended up using in the works, and just released the trailer with the God awful Sonic initially for the outrage. Then they come out saying "don't worry you guys, we heard you and we've fixed it", reversing the majority of the negative press and criticism they got and perhaps even catching the attention of people that previously didn't care, after all the memes that were made of Sonic's teeth and such. Because it feels good when it seems like a company listens to its consumer base, right? With how long I've heard CGI takes to create, a few months of redesigning Sonic into every scene he appears in in the movie seems strange to me.

Obviously just a weird little conspiracy theory of mine, and likely isn't true, it's just something that's always stuck out to me.

• Like 1

Whether or not the "remake" was justified or not is entirely subjective. It is what it is. I was pretty stoked about this when I first saw it announced because TLOU is one of my all time favorites, but then the price tag appeared and I hit the brakes. I was legitimately anticipating this to be a PS+ Extra/Premium game like Stray.

However, charging $70 for what is essentially a Remaster is downright baffling to me. I have an issue with their pricing, the standard they will set for the industry going forward, and their silly justifications for said price tag. Again, this is no Remake. It's how a Remaster should be to begin with (as opposed to re-publishing on newer generation with slightly upscaled textures). Resident Evil 2 was a true remake, and they charged $60; justifiably so. This is more akin to Shadow of the Colossus from BluePoint, which was never full price. $70 today is a AAA release price. This game did not take NEARLY the same amount of effort and marketing as a new AAA release like TLOU2 was, or Uncharted 4.

Saying that this is just a silly argument is being obtuse. There's a reason why even gaming journalists, the biggest idiots of them all, are writing articles putting the price tag in question. It's a matter of principle, not whether or not TLOU was good enough to warrant it. It can be the greatest game ever made, and for me it definitely ranks in the top 10, but that is irrelevant. Establishing price points should be immune to that. Imagine Rock Star charging $100 for GTA 6 because "we're sure it's a good game so we think it warrants a higher price tag than other games that aren't as good". That's just silly.

It starts with Nintendo pricing everything to high heaven (though arguably they are the best developer ever to walk the Earth). Skyward Sword on the Switch came roaring in at a full $60 and they got away with it. It sets a terrible foundation for game pricing that nobody benefits from. Why go through a ton of effort if you can just polish up an older, existing game and charge the same price?

Edited by Alayaes
  • Like 4