The Last Of Us Remake PS5

On 2022-07-22 at 5:41 AM, Dreakon13 said:

I don't really understand why people get outraged about a $70 price tag when the vast majority of them will buy it, if they do at all, for far far less than that.

It's just getting mad for the sake of getting mad.  The "audacity". 1f612.png

I really don't see how you reach that outcome.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

so… just to be clear…

…you have no issue at all when the same game is continually remade with new skins over and over and over again…

such as with The Jumping Taco / The Jumping Burger / The Jumping Hotdog etc…

or The Pig D / The Bat B / The Dog Z etc… 

or the Sushi Run / Burger Run / Taco Run etc…

or The Breakthrough games

or Project Summer Ice games

or ZJ The Ball games…

those you’ll purchase over and over again no problem…

…but when one of the most celebrated games of all time is given a ground-up remake - THAT is when it crosses the line and becomes pointless? 

elissa-slater-big-brother.gif

Damn, that's just cruel =>

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I guess the mods don't like memes. I do apologise. There was no offence meant, just poking fun at silly stuff. I'll know better in future. Now I'll let this thread get back on topic again. My bad.

There’s a rule against posts with no text, and only a pic /meme.

Add a little text next time, and you’ll be fine 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

There’s a rule against posts with no text, and only a pic /meme.

Add a little text next time, and you’ll be fine 

Good to know. I'm still used to the pst.org way of doing things, where almost anything goes (within reason), and just posting pictures is usually fine. I'll keep this in mind. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I really don't see how you reach that outcome.

People who are used to buying games at launch, are used to paying $60 and probably aren't terribly offended by $70.  Even if TLOU "remake" doesn't really warrant it.

Those who are terribly offended, are likely also terribly offended at the idea of preordering games or buying on launch.  And likely terribly offended by most hot button concepts in the industry (microtransactions, games as service, remaster, Cyberpunk, No Man's Sky, <insert more trigger words here>)... and in their lives.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Void said:

I keep seeing some saying it is a remake and others saying it is a remaster.  So the real question is are they rebuilding (remake) the game from the ground up or are they just enhancing the the original code (remaster)?

Well they said it's from the ground up, but given what they appear to have ended up with, it's kind of hard to believe they didn't first port it to PS5, then upgrade the visuals animation & AI code, add explosive arrows, etc. At least it would have been a waste of time to truly start from scratch.

10 hours ago, Void said:

I keep seeing some saying it is a remake and others saying it is a remaster.  So the real question is are they rebuilding (remake) the game from the ground up or are they just enhancing the the original code (remaster)?

I think they found an uncomfortable middle ground between between remake and remaster, which in my mind at least were always pretty clear in their definitions.  Ultimately it looks like the same game, but re-did the character models, re-designed some levels, re-shot some scenes, re-worked the AI, etc.  Nothing that'd constitute claiming its "from the ground up" since these are all just pieces of the puzzle, not the whole thing, which otherwise appears to be the same.

I don't think anyone knows for sure if technically its using the same code/engine/what have you, but I think they got ahead of themselves calling it a remake.  Closer to a remaster, but definitely a step above the typical 1080P/4K, 60fps and call it a day remasters we usually get.

Edited by Dreakon13

On 21.07.2022 at 4:41 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

@ziggypossum  Plus, remember the Horizon Zero Dawn Crossover?

tallneck-Ellie.jpg

Yeah, of course, it was absolutely mindblowing! I really liked the LOTR crossover too, especially when Sauron turned to Joel and said: "That pineapple pizza you like is going to come back in style" - I literally cried. Truly amazing. Speechless. Can't wait for the director's cut to be released!

LNyjm7d.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 9:49 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

so… just to be clear…

…you have no issue at all when the same game is continually remade with new skins over and over and over again…

or ZJ The Ball games…

…but when one of the most celebrated games of all time is given a ground-up remake - THAT is when it crosses the line and becomes pointless? 

I think I just witnessed a public execution ?

On 23/07/2022 at 4:49 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

so… just to be clear…

or ZJ The Ball games…

On 23/07/2022 at 10:55 AM, Maya Akitsu said:

Remaking TLOU Part 1 is pointless.

Roast of the century.

• 3 weeks later...

The trophies should be published this week right? 

I am curious to see the trophies are they going to be the same or some removed some new ones added. 

I already preordered the game and can’t wait to play it. One of my favorite games of all time. I’m just wondering about the trophies same/new etc. 

53 minutes ago, SolidDiablo said:

Someone posted the trophies here:  

It looks like a combination of original trophies and some new situational ones (also Left Behind trophies are in the main list)

Such a bummer that there’s no grounded difficulty trophy, that’s how the game should be experienced imho. But I like the list otherwise. Hopefully the colletibles won’t be buggy like the PS4 version. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Such a bummer that there’s no grounded difficulty trophy, that’s how the game should be experienced imho. But I like the list otherwise. Hopefully the colletibles won’t be buggy like the PS4 version. 

Like they did with the original, remastered and part 2. For some reason I feel they will add speedrun, grounded and permadeath in future update or something. I could be wrong! We will see I guess.    

Edited by ZEE11W
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SolidDiablo said:

Someone posted the trophies here:  

It looks like a combination of original trophies and some new situational ones (also Left Behind trophies are in the main list)

That is such an unfortunate, uninspired trophy list. Looking like it’ll be an uncommon/common platinum. I guess it’s good for the people who couldn’t be bothered to play Survivor/Grounded difficulty. Hoping for some DLC trophies down the line to compensate for this lacking list, but then again it should have already came with better trophies on release… 

• Like 1