The Last Of Us Remake PS5

Agree with most in why this may happen when it already had a remaster and really is not that old of a game. On the other hand I can see why it may happen. The HBO TV series will most likely create a lot of buzz and maybe they are banking on a remake to sell well off of that buzz. Just my opinion.

Disappointed if a sequel to Days Gone doesn't ever get made. Really liked that game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

For what it's worth, I'd say LBP and Days Gone are probably a notch or two below the God of War's, TLOU's, Horizon's, Spider-Man's, Uncharted's, etc as far as commercial hits and bigger Sony properties go.  And LBP got an indirect sequel very recently in Sackboy.

I also wasn't aware of Days Gone sequel being cancelled, last I heard they wanted to do it... but I didn't really read the article under the article.

That does seem like the way its going unfortunately. A lot of the great games that helped define Sony seem to be getting left behind if they're anything older than the 2010s. Even if they weren't big blockbuster sellers, they could at least help fill the gap between big releases, since we only really seem to get around 2-3 big games a year,

10 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The article goes into this.

Sony is focusing on big cinematic blockbuster type games. So Uncharted, The Last of Us, Ghosts of Tsushima, etc. I would agree with the people that think this is a mistake, and not only because of the people making the games burning out.

Days Gone will likely get a sequel eventually, it was just the first pitch that was rejected.

We can hope at least. Days Gone might not have been the best game but I'm more interested in Sony taking more chances on new IPs than playing Nathan Drake comes out of retirement for the 5th time.

21 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Sony is focusing on big cinematic blockbuster type games. So Uncharted, The Last of Us, Ghosts of Tsushima, etc. I would agree with the people that think this is a mistake, and not only because of the people making the games burning out.

Days Gone will likely get a sequel eventually, it was just the first pitch that was rejected.

I hope it does get a sequel eventually. I really enjoyed that game

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

That's a bit outdated because Ratchet and Clank is a 3d Platformer we also have Spiderman which is open world and not a cinematic hallways game. In general they're talking about third person action games which is a very general description of a lot of genres. Like Monster Hunter would fall into this same classification.

And companies like Nintendo only really cater towards 3d platformers outside of Smash brothers with many of their former franchises regulated to cameo appearances since they didn't sell, this really isn't out of the ordinary. Companies only really do like 1 or 2 genres primarily.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

2 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

To quote Jim Ryan

"Who wants to play these old games anyway?"

Well even though the quote is misattributed he's right, the switch has zero backwards compatibility and that never affected sales of it, the online only library of older games also is pretty bad.

Xbox's backwards compatibility is extremely limited and is digital downloads that are not read from discs and they can't bring games forward due to rights and licensing issues that could revoke the games in the future.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MnemonicTalents said:

Honestly, if there's any ND game that needs a remake it's probably Drake's Fortune.

This

TLoU is my favourite game, but a remake is ridiculous. The remastered is great. If this is true, I think Sony is focusing on the wrong thing and these resources could be used in remaking the original Uncharted, the first God of War or something like it. Will wait to see more, but would prefer a TLoU side story (like Miles Morales or The Lost Legacy) if this is really the route that they want to take. 

bmg_ps.png

Just now, Sendai-Horatio said:

If you're that interested in old games you should already own the systems and games. I've got all my stuff from back on the PS1 still.

Lots of physical games are hard to track down and find affordable. Besides, some people may not have gotten into certain things at the right time.

• Like 3

Such a silly decision, no reason we need a re-do of the game, seems like a waste of time and effort which could be better spent elsewhere. Thought Sony said theyre not really interested in older games anyway? 8/.

The whole story about Sony focusing more on bigger titles now is really super disappointing too. As if they didnt have enough things to deal with atm in other areas, making poor choices like this isnt going to help.