The Last Of Us Remake PS5

Yeah not happy about the trophy list. 

They just lazily copy/pasted it from the original and removed some of the more time consuming trophies. 

Building the game from the ground up like they have been claiming to, why wouldn't they create an entirely new list to go along with it... 

Seperate it from the original. 

• Like 2

Having recently remastered platinum I'm disappointed that the list is virtually the same. At least they removed the requirement to upgrade all weapons.

I do like the chapter specific trophies such as rejecting Ellie's high five or petting the dog (both in Tommy's Dam chapter). The list should have been more like that, rather than just serving as a replacement for factions.

Everything I have seen of this looks incredible. I was late to the The Last of Us party, only playing the original just before Part II came out, but I love it all. Glad I got my new TV to get the most from it.

And that snippet from HBO Max? Damn, Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey ate up those two brief lines, incredible performances different from Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker but bringing their own nuance to convey the pain and fear the characters feel (and showing Nick Offerman was the neat little icing on the cupcake, hope to see some of the Infected shots soon too). Hope that full trailer drops on The Last of Us Day just like everyone is saying!

• Like 3

Nice list, I dig it. I would get most of them without even trying the way I play although defiinitely not leaving Ellie hanging lol.

And it's not a copy paste list I don't know where that's coming from. There's like at least 10 trophies that are brand new altogether. E.g. the original game (not counting Left Behind) did not have any chapter specific trophies, none.

Edited by emailking
  • Like 1

I still not sure if I want to pick this up. IT looks amazing graphically but I still have the ps4 version to paly but...

Seeing some of the scenes with the remake and god, the emotional impact of some of them looks even greater than before because of how much is updated.

(who am i kidding Ill probably get it just not right away lol)

2 hours ago, emailking said:

Nice list, I dig it. I would get most of them without even trying the way I play although defiinitely not leaving Ellie hanging lol.

And it's not a copy paste list I don't know where that's coming from. There's like at least 10 trophies that are brand new altogether. E.g. the original game (not counting Left Behind) did not have any chapter specific trophies, none.

Majority of the trophies are copy pasted from the original. 

Yes there are new trophies... Obviously to fill the gaps made by Factions and difficulty trophies being taken out. 

I guess I had just hoped they would revamp the list completely. 

Very lacklustre. 

3 hours ago, emailking said:

I count 12 of the 28 trophies for the remake were there in the remastered version. So no it's not a majority.

You counting all the left behind trophies that have been merged with the main game? 

Cause you should be... Which makes it more than 12.

Edited by Azure Kite

13 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I like how they have added turning the generator off in the Pittsburgh chapter, but I am not paying £70 a pop for any PS5 game and I know they put a lot of effort into making them/remastering them but Sony are overpricing these PS5 games imo.

As I read the pricing they’re just looking to cream off the top with hardcore fans/collector’s pre-ordering then they’ll use that RRP as a selling point for PS+ when this inevitably hits PS+ around the time the TV show’s first season ends.

”You’ve seen the show, now play the game that inspired it with a PS+ Subscription”

They took all the fun out of the trophy list by eliminating the difficulty trophies..  I'll play it when it's free on premium.  lets the EZPZ crowd Support Sony on this one for full price.  The game was worth it when it required several play thoughts and getting through it on grounded plus.  took me several weeks to get through everything.  now it can be finished in a day like all the rest of Sony's exclusives.

Edited by steel6burgh

12 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

You counting all the left behind trophies that have been merged with the main game? 

Cause you should be... Which makes it more than 12.

Yes I counted them and it's 12. I am counting all trophies in the remake list and noting any that have the same requirements as a trophy found in the original game list or the original left Behind list. There are 12.

4 hours ago, emailking said:

Yes I counted them and it's 12. I am counting all trophies in the remake list and noting any that have the same requirements as a trophy found in the original game list or the original left Behind list. There are 12.

I would hardly include the trophy for upgrading 1 weapon as a new trophy since the original game had one for upgrading all weapons. 

They have simply dumbed the requirement down. 

The trophy for completing part 1 could also be argued as simply replacing all the difficulty trophies and again.. Dumbing down the requirements. 

Same goes for completing left behind. 

Also the 3 trophies for obtaining 1 pendant/ manual/ comic are pretty unimaginative. 

None of those trophies scream new and fresh to me. 

Slightly different requirements? Sure. 

But nothing new. 

Counting game completion I suppose is far since it's the same as complete on Easy in the previous lists.

Then it's exactly half of the trophies that are not new.

I do not agree that trophies for finding 1 of something are not new because there was nothing like that at all in previous lists.

Edited by emailking

14 minutes ago, emailking said:

Counting game completion I suppose is far since it's the same as complete on Easy in the previous lists.

Then it's exactly half of the trophies that are not new.

I do not agree that trophies for finding 1 of something are not new because there was nothing like that at all in previous lists.

Maybe not new in the sense that they didn't exist prior. 

But there are/were already trophies for obtaining them all. 

So adding trophies in for obtaining 1 of each is just lazy and boring and may aswell not even exist. 

On one hand I'm loving these easy first party trophy lists. On the other, it's kind of a shame. I dunno, the lists just seem to be super easy these days. The best trophy lists (in my view) provide a good balance of a challenge that feels difficult, yet attainable. They will likely do DLC trophy add on for the difficulty trophies...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, espjh2 said:

On one hand I'm loving these easy first party trophy lists. On the other, it's kind of a shame. I dunno, the lists just seem to be super easy these days. The best trophy lists (in my view) provide a good balance of a challenge that feels difficult, yet attainable. They will likely do DLC trophy add on for the difficulty trophies...

Since one of the accessibility options is invisible when not aiming, I'm guessing speedrun, permadeath, and grounded trophies will all be pretty easy. I mean, that's even easier than invisbile while prone in the Part 2.

38 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Padded envelopes was a really dumb packaging choice. Might as well have just slapped the shipping label right on the games box with the way these delivery companies handle packages during delivery. 

Im sure they don’t have more to replaced damaged packages with, but this was pretty bone headed and should have been foreseen.