The Last Of Us Remake PS5

13 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

Big Gaming likes safe, even when there's not a global pandemic on. A Lou1 remake is very safe. After all, it's worked once before. I don't hate it, but by the time it comes out I might. I'm getting mighty sick of safe. 

I agree. As much as I like the series I hope this doesn’t sell well. I’m getting tired of video game(and other media) remaking everything 

Edited by NkTSharpy
Spelling mistakes

4 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

To quote Jim Ryan

"Who wants to play these old games anyway?"

4 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

inaccurate and dishonest use of that quest. 

to be fair, it does depend on the situation, when it comes to PS NOW Jim does prefer the legacy version of PS4 games over the PS5 version ?

Actually Days Gone 2 would be a greater showcase of their "Super Fast SSD" prowess and Days Gone was cool and fun game. I don't get why it get such bombard score at launch at all.

And why even need to remake TLOU at all at this point in time except for the lazy ROI and safer bet.

Well, I am here. still wait for that advertised unique experience that couldn't find anywhere except using power of PS5 SSD that game is designed around it.

Edited by FielVeredus

1 hour ago, milanbarca82 said:
Just why?!
It’s not that I don’t like The Last of Us, it’s just..... I don’t think I would need this.

Oh, it's a remake...  So they could change the original game's story I assume ala FF7R, which I don't think it will be a good idea after what happened with TloU 2.

Joel will be  a woman now, what's the problem? 

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1

I doubt I'll be playing this. It seems so unnecessary. I'm not saying only PS1/PS2 titles can be remade. PS3 titles can also be remade but have it be stuff that would actually look and play significantly better. Stuff like inFamous, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 1, the Resistance games, etc. A game released at the end of that generation that's basically maxing out that console is almost a PS4 launch title.

Plus I think I draw the line at platinuming a game twice. I feel like anymore than that and I'm not doing it to replay a game I loved. I'm just doing it for the trophies

13 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

If they want to remake a game then let them it isn't like they are going to drop all other projects for this.

Except when they are.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/04/days_gone_2_not_given_the_greenlight_sony_bend_working_on_something_new

Days Gone 2 rejected, and a new IP in jeopardy as the studio's teams get assimilated into ND's projects one by one.

might end up getting this depending on how it turns out, assuming that the rumor is even true considering how strange it sounds.
That said, I certainly agree with the sentiment that this is - in of itself - rather pointless considering the age of both the original and the remaster.

(Not to mention the fact that the PS5 is backwards compatible with the PS4, in addition to having access to more or less all PS4 content via the PlayStation Store no less)

I'm admittedly not as fond of the original game as other people are to begin with, however, hence why I still haven't finished it. (I do like it, though, just not as much as others)
With that in mind, I would've definitely still preferred a remake of the original Uncharted, or even a sequel to Days Gone instead.
(The former because it hasn't aged well, and the latter because it'd be more interesting - despite not having played the first yet - because it'd be a new game and not a remake) 

Either way, I'm not too thrilled about the direction that ND seems to be taking as of late in regards to how they operate as a studio and what they make.

They went from being one of my favorite developers in the industry, to one that I don't necessarily have a very positive outlook on going forward as far as management goes.

(And no, this doesn't have to do with TLOU II specifically, even though I'm not a fan of that game's writing or the execution of certain elements within it)

Edited by Zephrese

16 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

??????

Make sure you preorder and pre-load it, because you don’t want to have to experience all that slowdown of download speeds on release day...

You know...when all the people on here complaining about the remake and saying they won’t buy it under any circumstance are all downloading their copies simultaneously ?

If I have a PS5 by the time this comes out(lol)... I might not be a day 1 boy. It kind of depends on what they do with the gameplay. I want a complete overhaul of Naughty Dog combat. Right now I don't really have the urge to replay it(again), but there's a lot of time between now and a potential release.

Who am I kidding? Naughty Dog has a strong trailer game, that'd probably get me. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I love PSNP but threads like this make me realize how much people complain over absolutely nothing on this forum.  If they want to remake a game then let them it isn't like they are going to drop all other projects for this.  

Pretty much, also have no idea what Jim Ryan has to do with any of this but the fact that he's been mentioned at least four times within this topic already... this guy seems to be living rent free in a lot of yall heads  ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Although i don't agree with the idea, and it's still a great game, TLOU1 with the graphics, gestures, animations and so on of TLOU2 would be delightful. I can understand it from that point of view.

This is basically my take on the whole thing too.

Q: Necessary?

A: No.

Q: Of value?  
A: ...Questionable....

Q: Of interest?
A: For sure.

• Like 1