The Last Of Us Remake PS5

7 hours ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

If we go through the entire phase of TLOU2, that game gets it's inevitable PS5 update and we get an entire brand new remake of TLOU1 and none of these games end up with a new multiplayer mode, I may unironically go buy an Xbox.

That supposed to be funny? I thought we had gotten through this dumb as fuck console war bullshit. The Xbox consoles are perfectly fine systems.

• Like 2

No thanks. Played it. Story was phenomenal. Game was fine. Trophy list was a chore. MP was a horribly painful experience.

I have no interest in putting myself through this again.

Furthermore, given the PS4 version, which is already a remaster of the original, plays on the PS5, a Remaster of the Remaster is completely unnecessary. If it was anything other than a cash grab, this could simply have been given a PS5 performance upgrade similar to God of War.

If companies feel the need to do this, they really shouldn't be shutting down the MP servers for the original releases.

Edited by diskdocx

7 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

TLoU 1 is one of my favourite games of all time but I don't really feel this was necessary tbh lol.

The game is a bit ugly by today's standards, but yeah, it's most certainly not that ugly. Still, gotta milk the franchise for as much as it's worth. Especially after TLoU2, I'm not sure how popular a third installment will be - while it was most certainly an acclaimed game, the much harsher tone compared to the first doesn't exactly make one thirsty for a sequel, I think. I personally would not want to play anything more involving Ellie as the protagonist.

7 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The story also says a pitch for the Days Gone sequel was rejected, and that a new Uncharted game is in development.

Here's a link to the whole story. I recommend everyone read it.

This is massively disappointing. Days Gone was one of my favorite exclusives this generation, probably top three, and from what I've heard, it sold well. I hope this doesn't mark a definitive end to the franchise.

1 hour ago, Ptirle said:

Joel will be  a woman now, what's the problem? 

Ah, the intellectuals have entered the conversation.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Trini said:

I suggest voting with your wallet (as cliche as this may sound) for everyone expressing their opinion against this decision; at the end of the day, you're in charge of how well this would sell. From the decisions Sony has been making for the past number of months, I think it's absolutely crucial to hold this ideology moving forward.

I understand what you say, boycotts are great and should be used, but it is the same as saying that "power emanates from the hands of the people". I think most people don't care about that kind of thing, people just want to get home after a tiring day and have fun. As TLoU captivated the general mass, the tendency is that the vast majority do not care so deeply about this decision. Sony knows that and just wants to make money.

11 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

What a bizarre phase of the video game industry.

Capcom fired the starter gun on this phase long ago ?

We’ve had ‘The Last of Us’ on PS3, and ‘Super The Last of Us’ on PS4, now we’re getting ‘Ultra The Last of Us’ on PS5 ?

Look out for the bootleg ‘The Last of Us Rainbow Edition’ - Joel can do his Hadouken during a jump in that one ?

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

Except when they are.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/04/days_gone_2_not_given_the_greenlight_sony_bend_working_on_something_new

Days Gone 2 rejected, and a new IP in jeopardy as the studio's teams get assimilated into ND's projects one by one.

I hope this wasn't because of people like me. I didn't play Days Gone until it came to PS Plus as part of the PS5 package. Everyone told me how fabulous it was and I didn't listen because I wasn't a fan of the whole biker theme, but man was I missing out. Days Gone was bloody brilliant. 

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Capcom fired the starter gun on this phase long ago 1f61c.png

We’ve had ‘The Last of Us’ on PS3, and ‘Super The Last of Us’ on PS4, now we’re getting ‘Ultra The Last of Us’ on PS5 1f602.png

Look out for the bootleg ‘The Last of Us Rainbow Edition’ - Joel can do his Hadouken during a jump in that one 1f604.png

Yes, you are right, but somehow I see it as just seasons and updates when it comes to fighting games. I don't like it when new games are released tho (Marvel vs Capcom> Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom)

7 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

Why not jak and daxter remake instead 1f612.png

I don't trust Naughty Dog with something like that, ngl. lmao
(Or Jak & Daxter in general, really, but only because it seems like their heart isn't in it when it comes to making games like that anymore)

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

I don't mind a remake but for the love of god i hope they dont add any mp trophys in there this time.

lol i think i am the only person who liked multiplayer. It is not the best experience, it is a potential wasted with microtransaction (just like Max Payne 3) but it is more a multiplayer of strategy and patience than shooting, punching and bombing. I liked.

I'm extremely happy about this, but I'm probably one of the easier people to sell on anything to do with The Last of Us.  They could release a "The Last of US - Super deluxe version" where the only difference is that Joel can throw shuriken and I'd still buy it!  One of my favorite game series of all time and I want more!

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 1

Just now, kevao97 said:

lol i think i am the only person who liked multiplayer. It is not the best experience, it is a potential wasted with microtransaction (just like Max Payne 3) but it is more a multiplayer of strategy and patience than shooting, punching and bombing. I liked.

you aren’t - I loved it too - a lot of folks did, they just tend to keep quiet about it on these forums, where MP is a curse word ?

TLoU MP was excellent- for me, that and the now defunct old Assassin’s Creed MP were the two pinnacles of multiplayer on the consoles, for people like myself, who enjoy the strategising side of competitive Multiplayer, but don’t have the reflexes (or the young thumbs?) for the frame-perfect, twitch controls of a CoD or a Battlefield.

• Like 3

Remastering something that wasn't a big hit in the first place (like the upcoming "Nier Replicant") is one thing. Re-releasing this one game everyone played, over and over again though...

It's kind of understandable from business PoV, I'll give Sony that. But boy oh boy does it smell of nascent creative bankruptcy.

This is stupid. It would be far easier and more practical to take the PS4 version and make a PS5 version. 

The PS5 version can have

-4K/60 fps. I think the PS4 Pro settings technically had this, but I think the 4K was pretty compromised. 

-Ray Tracing

-3D Audio

-DualSense features

They should do the same for The Last of Us Part II. After all, The Last of Us got a PS4 version the following year after it released. Then again, PS4 isn't backwards compatible. 

35 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I enjoyed it aswel i've put quite alot of hours into the mp years ago but the 2 mp trophys were u have to play both hunter and firefly role are just too tedious for me its the only trophys i got left on that game.

44 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

you aren’t - I loved it too - a lot of folks did, they just tend to keep quiet about it on these forums, where MP is a curse word 1f609.png

TLoU MP was excellent- for me, that and the now defunct old Assassin’s Creed MP were the two pinnacles of multiplayer on the consoles, for people like myself, who enjoy the strategising side of competitive Multiplayer, but don’t have the reflexes (or the young thumbs1f602.png) for the frame-perfect, twitch controls of a CoD or a Battlefield.

AC multiplayer was amazing, I miss it.

17 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Is Sony making business decisions with a magic eight ball? I want to say just wait and see the big picture but it's getting stupider with each day seemingly. Guess it's a good thing I have a backlog if we are moving towards remakes of games less than 10 years old...

Keep in mind that corporations tend to focus on short term profit so as to feed their hungry shareholders as opposed to long term sustainability. With how most of them are structured, they're actually pushed away from sustainability, because they need to constantly be expanding their profit margins. Wild that we live in a world where sustainability is a bad thing.