The Last Of Us Remake PS5

• 5 months later...

So many good old and dated games in need of a remake, the last of us certainly isn't 1, it still holds up well today to play, would rather they spend the time and money on creating a new game or a sequel.....But oh well, i would still play it but prefer something new as i'm always down to trying out new games.

• Like 2

I can understand remasters due to the updated graphics, but I just don't see the need for a remake of this game. It hasn't been that long, and I'm not sure if TLOU screams for some form of modern reimagining. Gaming since the PS3 days hasn't really evolved, to be honest. You're still playing narrative-driven games, with crafting systems, stealth take-downs, bow/arrows, etc. 

I get why people wanted a FF7 remake because so much has changed since 1997. Not much has changed at all since 2013, apart from more microtransactions and better textures.

I'd much rather have a Legend of Dragoon remake. Now that I could see.

TLOU is a 2013 PS3 game, PS3 is 2006 and older hardware, so yes, there is absolutely a reason for a game made on 2006 hardware to be remade on 2021 hardware in 2022/2023, ~10 years distance of release and ~15 years hardware distance

people need to stop thinking of TLOU as a PS4 game, the game is not a PS4 game, it's a PS3 game updated to PS4 resolution, PS3, aka 2006 hardware

• Like 4

Late PS3 titles really don't really warrant remakes. This game was the most impressive game to push PS3 hardware to its limits, simply upgrading its resolution turned it into a PS4 game instantly with graphics and performance that rival any PS4 game on the platform and still holds up today. As does the PS3 version. 

The difference between PS4 and PS5 is just so slight that it won't make any significant improvement over the already existing PS4 version. They're just coming up with an excuse to re-release the game and capitalize on dropping a new game to coincide with the release of the upcoming TV show. Same thing they did with the Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy re-release and the Uncharted movie that came out. 

We're just splitting hairs when it comes to these remakes and remasters at this point. So many games that need a remake don't get one while so many that don't need a remake do. If developers spent less time figuring out and developing which games they can just throw a new coat of paint on with the least amount of effort and re-release, maybe we'd actually get some new IP's that are actually worth a damn. The PS4 generation was already the generation of remakes and remasters, we don't need to turn the PS5 into another. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

TLOU is a 2013 PS3 game, PS3 is 2006 and older hardware, so yes, there is absolutely a reason for a game made on 2006 hardware to be remade on 2021 hardware in 2022/2023, ~10 years distance of release and ~15 years hardware distance

people need to stop thinking of TLOU as a PS4 game, the game is not a PS4 game, it's a PS3 game updated to PS4 resolution, PS3, aka 2006 hardware

Let me know when the Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 remakes are coming then, ty

2 hours ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Let me know when the Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 remakes are coming then, ty

if you read the article about how TLOU Remake came to be, it was supposed to be the first remake in a series of other Sony games by a team that wanted to become the Remake team within Sony, the next one to be remade being Uncharted, but the team got disbanded and TLOU moved to NaughtyDog

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

You do realise that it isn't a one or the other situation, right? ND is a large studio, as most first-party PlayStation studios are. They have multiple teams working on different things. Long gone are the days where a single studio would only work on one project at a time. Most of the first-party PlayStation studios have received massive investment in recent years to expand them, so they are all easily capable of doing multiple projects at once. In fact, according to multiple rumours ND have been working on a brand new IP for a while now. They also have Factions 2 on the way along with this remake. Lots of stuff to look forward to.

I know that but i would rather they put this team onto something else, i just don't feel this game needs a remake because its still great to go back to (many others agree).

But like i said, i probably would play so not against it.

2 hours ago, The Investigator said:

if you read the article about how TLOU Remake came to be, it was supposed to be the first remake in a series of other Sony games by a team that wanted to become the Remake team within Sony, the next one to be remade being Uncharted, but the team got disbanded and TLOU moved to NaughtyDog

Oh man, I was joking too, you definitely got me there.

If that's honestly true, that's fucking abysmal. No way Sony would be willing to redo Uncharted 1 properly nowadays, what with the Nazi zombie plot points the story relied on.

If this is true, some date predictions didn't age well.

The PC port also kind of explains the reasoning for Sony. If it was just a PS5 version, it would be weird because a big part of PlayStation audience has played the game. But when it comes to PC, there is a big untapped market. Sony made a lot of money on Horizon and God of War ports. Spider-Man will do even better. Same with TLOU. Don't forget about the HBO series coming out soon. It will potentially bring in even more people. Sony's latest presentation for investors predicted a giant increase in income from PC as well. The leaked PC ports like Sackboy and Returnal won't earn that much. That's where Spidey and TLOU come in, certainly.

So from a business standpoint, it might be smart. Personally, I still wish it was something different. Even though I like TLOU1 a lot.

• Like 1

The remake news is great an all but I'm just here patiently waiting for the new factions multi-player to finally come about as that's what kept me playing the last of us for hundreds of hours. Genuinely one of the best multi-player modes I've played and it's almost never talked about whenever folks speak about the last of us.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

I feel like I'm really stupid here, but I'm confused as to what about this tweet confirms it's specifically about a Last of Us remake? Is it because of the "part 1"? I could see them rebranding a remake/remaster of the first game as "part 1", but that's just pure speculation on my part, and aside from that, I'm baffled as all hell. Should probably also mention I have no idea who this person is, which prolly doesn't help.

Was great before... looks to still be great now...

I can't really think of any PS3 game less in need of a remake...

...but fuck it, I'm still gonna play the crap outta it all over again! ?

If nothing else, it'll be interesting to see how the improved gameplay of Part 2 translates back to Part 1 :dunno:

Hope the multiplayer's coming over too!

• Like 1

Don't give this company any more money. $70 is a joke. It should be $10 or free. We already have this game on the PS3 and PS4 and they didn't add any new scenes, dialogue or points of view from different characters from what I could tell from the trailer.  I was hoping this was going to be a complete remake in the vein of Resident Evil with what they did for RE2, RE3 and the upcoming RE4...but nope...this company is too lazy to do that. There isn't even any multiplayer. They must be desperate for money at this point. 

• Like 2