Uncharted

Abby_TheLastofUs

Instead, one team at the studio was assigned to help Naughty Dog with a multiplayer game while a second group was assigned to work on a new Uncharted game with supervision from Naughty Dog. Some staff, including top leads, were unhappy with this arrangement and left. Bend's developers feared they might be absorbed into Naughty Dog, and the studio’s leadership asked to be taken off the Uncharted project. They got their wish last month and are now working on a new game of their own. 

Source

Studio Bend was working on a new Uncharted game until a month ago. Presumably, the project is now in the hands of Naughty Dog.

Personally, I think Uncharted 4 was a good end to the series, but I shouldn't be surprised that Sony wants to keep such a successful franchise going.

What do you think it'll be?

A game starring Cassie that ditches gunplay altogether?

More Chloe and Nadine?

A Sully prequel?

Sully and Sam?

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I know most people say it as a joke, but I really would enjoy a Taken styled game where Cassie is kidnapped and Drake has to use his particular skillset to save her.

And a Sully prequel would be good as well.

Yeah and Drake must find a treasure. Kinda like John Wick 2 (I guess)

• Like 1

I believed more of Sully+Sam continuation. Or something like The Lost Legacy. 
U4 is amazing and fits as Nate's ending, but the franchise can (and I think should) go on. But would be better to use already known characters and avoid Cassie, honestly.

• Like 3

I would still like to see Nathan Drake to spearhead another Uncharted game and Sully being available in the game too. I don't care if it is a continuation from 4 or a past adventure when they were young. And of course, would also like to see the original voice actors reprising their roles.

• Like 1

I would love to see either a Prequel focusing on a younger Sully teaching a teenager Nathan Drake the ropes. We got a glimpse of Nathan's younger years in UC3, and I actually wished there was more of the Teenager Nathan. Maybe see something more about how Nathan learned to fight, climb, and making all his smart-ass comments. If they decided to go forwards instead of into the past, I wouldn't mind more of Chloe and Nadine and possibly Cutter, I think he was referenced in UC4 but not really shown in the story. Although they would need to tone down on the whole constantly pissed-off persona Nadine had for the majority of Lost Legacy.

• Like 2

It's an interesting question about where they'll go. I think Drake and Elena are out of the picture for sure and after all they've done in the games so far it's questionable whether a prequel could again raise the stakes given that we know how the future will pan out. I also think Cassie is a bit of a dead end in that regard at least one Drake deserved a pleasant childhood on diving trips and archeological digs.

I think more Nadine and/or Chloe sounds best (continuation on TLL) with options for Sully and Sam but they will all require very solid narrative to prop them to full time/full game lead-characters instead of Drake.

I'd take either a game following Sully and Sam that takes place after 4 (Something akin to TLL, as others have already said) or a prequel following a younger Sully and Marlowe.

(I don't know why, I just think it'd be interesting to see a villain expanded upon in this way, even if I can't necessarily think of anything as far as how they'd do it lol)

Edited by Zephrese

I think Nathan's story has been told and I like how it ended up. I like Sully and Sam, but I don't know if I'd like a whole game of them quipping back and forth. I'm sick of prequels and everything that relates to an IP needing to have a full backstory.

If I had to put money on it I'd say the next one is going to be a remake of part 1 or Sully/Sam game with lots of flashbacks and cameos. The gamers love that shit.

Personally, I'd like a Cassie game with new mechanics. That probably won't happen, so my second choice is a full ensemble cast with the supporting characters with very limited screen time for Nathan and Elena.

If there's going to be a new Uncharted game, I'd much rather it was a totally fresh start. The old stuff is over, it's done. IMO the characters were never that compelling to warrant more than three games (let alone the 6 we actually got), and Lost Legacy demonstrated that pairing up random side characters doesn't really work.

If Uncharted can work without Nathan Drake (which remains to be seen, but I think it can), then it can definitely work without the supporting cast. Fresh start, please.

On 09/04/2021 at 11:05 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

I know most people say it as a joke, but I really would enjoy a Taken styled game where Cassie is kidnapped and Drake has to use his particular skillset to save her.

And a Sully prequel would be good as well.

Yeah either of these would be awesome 

• Like 1

I don't think they will do a prequel, cause there is the movie in production, and the story will have young Nate on his first quest. Doing the same thing in a game will be redundant. And we already got the prequel anyway as Golden Abyss. 

I'll bet my money on sequel/spin-off with some of the secondary cast, probably Sam and Sullivan. 

My wish still is for a remake of Golden Abyss on the ps4/5.

• Like 1

I’m basically done with the series. Sam was basically shoehorned in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. 

Should Sony wish to bring back this series, I think Sully and Charlie Cutter wouldn’t be a bad option, since Charlie was underused I felt.

• Like 3

On 9/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, trojbrown40 said:

If Druckmann is involved, he will just kill off Drake in the first 30 minutes so we can focus on Lazaravich's daughter (You know....the real hero & victim here) and all the trauma she went through due to Drake being a serial killer who murdered her dear old dad. Can't wait..sign me up! What? Too soon?  

Impossible, Lazarevic is russian, so not trustworthy in their voting patterns outside of their home country, he cannot, henceforth, be considered  an hero.

They did "whitewash" Abby's dad though, I'm sure Druckmann can't live that down, so:

Daughter gets kidnapped by a relative of Eddy, the one from U1 Nathan left to die, Nathan tries to save her,  but gets killed, and well, whatever  I suppose Nathan is indeed a psychotic serial killer, though having time to analyze these things in the first place is a luxury, and in real life, these situations  are kill or be killed, but let's forget about that, don't  wanna  destroy  the whole deconstruction ego trip and all, we're going full gung-ho on Josef Campbell, since we're not able to create  a better framework, we'll just  bring "realism" to it.

After Nathan dies, Nadine comes to the rescue, save the little girl and takes her under her wing, also makes sure to tell the daughter that Nathan was an idiot, careless, had it coming blabla.

Part 1 over, part 2, they are on a island with  a great treasure, by the way, forgot to say, the main  villain was here for the treasure, and brought Nathan's daughter for the lulz he/she had with Nathan,  so yeah,  we rip off a bit of Indiana Jones now, which is an expy of a real life nazi explorer, but don't  tell that to Druckmann, he might burn the whole franchise, as the premise, an expy of an expy  itself is unsalvageable at that point.

They find the treasure, Nadine defeats the villain, but won't  kill (ludonarrativewhat) him/her because she's better than that, here's the twist though, the villain still dies, and I guess I can use he/him only now, due to some Supernatural  forces. Kid will have a similiar relationship with Nadine Nathan had with Sully. The end.

Plot written, I accept cash from a fellow jew Druckmann if you like it,   and hey, I left the door open for several new entries to milk the franchise, a win/win.

Seriously, though,   I would like a game regarding past Sully and Marlowe, but eh, doubtful it's in the workings.

I don't want to play another Uncharted game without Nate. Lost Legacy was fine as an expansion, but I don't want a full on game without THE character that made them, it just wouldn't be the same. 

So I'd rather Naughty Dog move on and give us a new IP for the PS5 instead.

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Impossible, Lazarevic is russian, so not trustworthy in their voting patterns outside of their home country, he cannot, henceforth, be considered  an hero.

They did "whitewash" Abby's dad though, I'm sure Druckmann can't live that down, so:

Daughter gets kidnapped by a relative of Eddy, the one from U1 Nathan left to die, Nathan tries to save her,  but gets killed, and well, whatever  I suppose Nathan is indeed a psychotic serial killer, though having time to analyze these things in the first place is a luxury, and in real life, these situations  are kill or be killed, but let's forget about that, don't  wanna  destroy  the whole deconstruction ego trip and all, we're going full gung-ho on Josef Campbell, since we're not able to create  a better framework, we'll just  bring "realism" to it.

After Nathan dies, Nadine comes to the rescue, save the little girl and takes her under her wing, also makes sure to tell the daughter that Nathan was an idiot, careless, had it coming blabla.

Part 1 over, part 2, they are on a island with  a great treasure, by the way, forgot to say, the main  villain was here for the treasure, and brought Nathan's daughter for the lulz he/she had with Nathan,  so yeah,  we rip off a bit of Indiana Jones now, which is an expy of a real life nazi explorer, but don't  tell that to Druckmann, he might burn the whole franchise, as the premise, an expy of an expy  itself is unsalvageable at that point.

They find the treasure, Nadine defeats the villain, but won't  kill (ludonarrativewhat) him/her because she's better than that, here's the twist though, the villain still dies, and I guess I can use he/him only now, due to some Supernatural  forces. Kid will have a similiar relationship with Nadine Nathan had with Sully. The end.

Plot written, I accept cash from a fellow jew Druckmann if you like it,   and hey, I left the door open for several new entries to milk the franchise, a win/win.

Seriously, though,   I would like a game regarding past Sully and Marlowe, but eh, doubtful it's in the workings.

You’re an idiot lol. 

So many people still bitter about the Last of us 2, would you guys just get over it already? Either way as long as Nate isn’t the main character I’m good. I don’t think people understand that U4 finished Nate’s arc perfectly. No continuation necessary. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2