how can that be legal?

Lord_Mgolivets

how can that be legal?

Illegal? As in against the law? I don't know of any laws in any country against unlocking trophies on PlayStation consoles.

While it maybe against Sony's terms, Sony doesn't care about trophies being unlocked, through gameplay or otherwise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lord_Mgolivets said:

For real, sorry if this is not the correct section or this was already reported but I didn't find anything. 

I was scrolling for games on ebay and found this (no link only images):

Opera-Snapshot-2021-04-09-150951-www-eba
Opera-Snapshot-2021-04-09-151036-www-eba

Seems like a rip off, cyberpunk isn't that hard. 99 euros for a custom game is the nailed in the coffin.

I don't really have much issue with the people offering the service to be honest, at least they are putting the work in and earning money for it. It's more the people paying for it that are a bit smooth in the brain department - paying actual money for a third party to earn trophies for you which are completely arbitrary.

As the saying goes - 'A fool and his money are soon parted'.

• Like 1

I'd rather not have a trophy then pay someone to get it for me.
And with it saying Legit stamps kind of sounds like hacks to me, that I wouldn't want to risk getting my account stolen like this either and with how many games I have pretty sure they would too.
 And I see fall guys on there not even tempted with that one as much as I do want that infallible trophy.

Speaking of things being illegal, I always thought it should be illegal to sell Pokemon on ebay as well, along with any other in game items.

Edited by Nightstream88

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Illegal? As in against the law? I don't know of any laws in any country against unlocking trophies on PlayStation consoles.

Yeah probably should have worded it better, maybe immoral. Probably against the rules on psnp but how can they enforce it?

Just now, Lord_Mgolivets said:

Yeah probably should have worded it better, maybe immoral. Probably against the rules on psnp but how can they enforce it?

It's against the rules to advertise trophy services here on PSNP and identifying people who have used trophy services will get people removed from the leaderboards.

The Cheater Remover team isn't about to identify all their tools for finding people using trophy services, but I will say two very amusing situations are when a bad trophy services pops all the trophies seconds apart and the other is when the trophy service just tells a Cheater Remover who has used their services. Both make for some great entertainment.

Just now, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Twist Ending: The seller is actually a member of the CRT and the whole listing is a honeypot to remove people from the leaderboards.

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

I see Red Dead people...

• Like 3

On 2021-04-09 at 3:22 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

I don't think it's any more immoral than dumping hundreds of dollars on Rata games to pump your profile full of easy trophies.

Immoral? Buying a game for sale, playing it to its completion legitimately, enjoying it, is immoral? Just because trophy elitists here try to determine that? 

Making me nervous for the day of judgment, should have never fallen for Freddy Spaghetti...

• Like 3

On 4/9/2021 at 2:22 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

I don't think it's any more immoral than dumping hundreds of dollars on Rata games to pump your profile full of easy trophies.

Except there's a huge difference here.  Someone dumping hundreds of dollars on Rata games is actually putting in the minimal effort to earn the trophies.  People paying someone to unlock trophies for them is not.  Nothing immoral about earning something honestly even if it's low effort.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Except there's a huge difference here.  Someone dumping hundreds of dollars on Rata games is actually putting in the minimal effort to earn the trophies.  People paying someone to unlock trophies for them is not.  Nothing immoral about earning something honestly even if it's low effort.

Going on ebay and giving someone money can also qualify as "minimal effort", certainly more effort than some of these games take.

On 9-4-2021 at 4:22 PM, StrickenBiged said:

32 euro for RDR2?! 

Basically confirms that they're hacking, as the game takes at least a week. You wouldn't play games for a living if you were earning just 32 euro a week. 

Or they're Sony employees with the capabilities on their servers. Weren't there some EA insiders selling those super rare FUT cards not too long ago?

Or you know... it's just a scam.

• Like 1