The Prestige Trophy

chrismad1976

Hi guys,

I've  recently come back after 3 years since I miss The Prestige trophy.

I noticed that requirement has changed and you have to complete a nightfall strike on Grandmaster difficulty.

I don't have Beyond the Light,  Can I complete nightfall at 1100 Grandmaster difficulty or I have to buy DLC for 1350 Grandmaster difficulty for the trophy?

Thanks in advance

The Grandmaster Nightfall is the one that requires 1325 light level (maximum being 1310 and artifact providing additional light levels over time). The others are the regular Nightfall: The Ordeal and the Master Nightfall. I don't think you'll need the Beyond Light expansion but some of the things there might help.

It's not the worst grind in the world (by an MMO standpoint, definitely long from a trophy hunter standpoint) but grinding experience so you can chew through that artifact will speed up the process. Luckily, once you reach that rank all you have to do is complete the nightfall instead of reaching 100,000 points like pinnacle gear wants so as long as you have the right weapons, you'll get through it..eventually.

My recommendation would be to wait until the Season of the Chosen is done, which ends in May, so that you have an entire season where the power level won't increase. I can't remember the specific numbers but I think everything goes up 50 light level? 1375 GM and 1360 cap? Don't quote me on that though, but you'll definitely have a harder time rushing Season of the Chosen instead of waiting another season.

8 hours ago, chrismad1976 said:

I have 2 different Grandmaster nightfalls.

one is at level 1100 and Other one is at level 1325 and it’s written “beyond the light” required so I think I need it.

anyone can confirm?

I think you must be confusing something. All Grandmaster level nightfalls this season require a 1325 light level. 

Are you looking at the playlist strikes for 1100? 

In any case I'd recommend getting Beyond Light if you're going to be serious about grinding for Grandmasters. 

On 10/4/2021 at 6:22 AM, JocoDynamo said:

I think you must be confusing something. All Grandmaster level nightfalls this season require a 1325 light level. 

Are you looking at the playlist strikes for 1100? 

In any case I'd recommend getting Beyond Light if you're going to be serious about grinding for Grandmasters. 

I just need to get the Prestige trophy and you are right... I’m confused... what I have to do?

• 1 month later...

As it stands right now the soft cap is 1310, after that you can only reach the 1320 hard cap with pinnacle gear, then the 15 more artifact levels required to reach 1335 to do GMs (which are not open yet) artifact levels are easier just doing random activities and BOUNTIES, every single one you can get your hands on.

GMs are pretty difficult, with some harder than others, this season we have on the rotation:
"The Glassway" (Beyond Light required I think)

"Fallen S.A.B.E.R."
"Warden of Nothing"
"The Insight Terminus"
"The Inverted Spire"
"The Disgraced"
Personal experience varies according to each person but I think you MIGHT have an easier time going for The Inverted Spire when it's on the rotation or in the final weeks of the season when all of the GMs are available.
If you go for it, just one minor piece of advice, play the long range game, close combat weapons such as shotguns, SMGs or close combat supers will lead you to a fast and early grave.

Edited by mordeckai81
  • Like 1