100 ability points & glitched side mission?

Lil-Gocee

So during my current playthrough I messed up the side mission 'A matter of time' by exciting the motel before I realised that I should have done a clock puzzle. I tried traveling back to the motel but it didn't let me. When I eventually came back through another mission, the clocks weren't there anymore for me to interact with so right now I can't progress that mission anymore. Since missions and hidden locations are the only way to get ability points, will I be able to still fully max out my character on this run? 

Just now, GnarlyPonto said:

I didn't even realise that you could exit the motel without first solving the puzzles.

Yeah while I was in there I had two active missions, that side mission and a main mission so I completed the objective for the main mission but couldn't figure out how to get to the guy I needed to help so I figured I'd just leave the motel and see if it would change the objective of the side mission. Very annoying because there doesn't seem to be a work around for it. 

I think I know which side mission you’re talking about that let you out but I never left the motel area. Anyways, answering your question, I think you may be screwed. However, if you are doing the DLC, you have nothing to worry about. You will have left over points even after getting every single ability unlocked. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

I think I know which side mission you’re talking about that let you out but I never left the motel area. Anyways, answering your question, I think you may be screwed. However, if you are doing the DLC, you have nothing to worry about. You will have left over points even after getting every single ability unlocked. 

Thank you for the reply! I'm working on the dlc now so that's good to hear and if I still don't make for some reason I'll just go to mission select and replay the part I messed up. I just remembered that u can enable assist mode so if it comes to it I'll breeze through it. Not feeling so worried anymore now. 

• 9 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, xItsLesterx said:

I'm having a hard time getting the trophy about spending 100 ability points because I already completed the main game in 100% except for the puzzle and the hidden locations and also the DLC AWE but still not enough ability points to get the trophy yet. I'm about to start the second DLC but I feel like I might do the puzzle and find all hidden locations. 

I still have 56 ability points to spend, seems really like a lot but maybe doing the puzzle and the hidden locations should be enough but not sure about that. 

This 100% completion of this game is getting me insane because I have also the vending machines bugged and I miss 2 hidden trends to update the surge weapon to level 3. The only way to get this material is to wait for the alerts missions and it's so grinding and random that makes me crazy.

Update:

Got 100% completion today. So finally I had to wait for the alerts missions called "important targets" and it was the only way for me to get the hidden trends. For the Vending Spree trophy, I did it for the last by restarting the game from the endgame chapter and it went perfectly. I could kill the 2 vending machines remaining and got my last trophy. 

For the ability points, the DLC Foundation was really enough to get points for the trophy, it went smooth! I didn't need at the end to do the hidden locations or whatever from the main game.

Edited by Mystic_Snake