Aggersberg

Game crashing can wipe progress

10 posts in this topic

You can lose gear and accolade progress. I was one accolade away from platinum, do not play co op right now.

Posted (edited)

51 hours into the game. Also only Pyro Bombs or how it’s called in English for all accolades.

Lost everything today. Great. 

Really enjoyed the game, grinded 10 hours today, and now everything is lost.

Even if they restore everything, my enjoyment is completely gone.

Edited by xIRockyRock

12 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

51 hours into the game. Also only Pyro Bombs or how it’s called in English for all accolades.

Lost everything today. Great. 

Really enjoyed the game, grinded 10 hours today, and now everything is lost.

Even if they restore everything, my enjoyment is completely gone.

That sucks mate, I totally agree. I'm going to wait a few patches before going again and roll  new character.

So it’s best not to play the game right now? 😞 Because even if you play solo instead of co-op you’re connected to the server and can lose progress, right?

5 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

So it’s best not to play the game right now? 1f61e.png Because even if you play solo instead of co-op you’re connected to the server and can lose progress, right?

Best to wait for the next update and confirmation that this problem is solved by devs.

Playing at own risk right now.

Luckily I was already 50+ hours into the game and could clean up the plat with a second character fairly easy.

On 13/04/2021 at 1:25 AM, anotherfangirl said:

So it’s best not to play the game right now? 1f61e.png Because even if you play solo instead of co-op you’re connected to the server and can lose progress, right?

I have read people have had all progress wiped playing solo as well as co op. Seems to be the minority. I would wait a little to be honest.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, Aggersberg said:

I have read people have had all progress wiped playing solo as well as co op. Seems to be the minority. I would wait a little to be honest.

A lot of it is the vocal minority, but it does happen even on sp.  It's way more rare than in co op though, I personally have had the game crash many times without any issues.  BUT, today's patch supposedly fixed it completely.

The devs are waiting a bit before revealing their plan to restoring any wiped inventories just to make sure it truly is fixed.

this seems like a good game marred by a few launch issues that were made worse by pandemic influx of people and, well square aren't exactly known for their prowess in onling gaming and networks etc.  im gunna wait to get it i think, looks fun though. just wish it were more like remnant.

8 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

this seems like a good game marred by a few launch issues that were made worse by pandemic influx of people and, well square aren't exactly known for their prowess in onling gaming and networks etc.  im gunna wait to get it i think, looks fun though. just wish it were more like remnant.

Yes on all fronts. When it works and I'm not getting randomly disconnected or staring at the endlessly loading Sign-In screen, its actually quite fun.

The first few hours are slow but once you get a full suite of powers and better guns around hour 3-4, it really starts to pick up. 

Just platinumed this for PS5 with no major issues.  Took me roughly 50 hours, more or less.  In that time I only had two full on crashes, several fake crashes (it pops up the error report screen but doesn't actually crash), and the Sign In bug.  None were inconvenient enough to make me want to give up. 

Inventory deletion bug is supposedly fixed as of the most recent patch though. 

Sign In issue they're working on, but as of the most recent patch I've signed in first try within a couple minutes at most.

Otherwise it's a solid game, but without co-op partners the post story content isn't all that interesting.  Bugs are mostly fixed, they just need to return lost inventory to those who had that bug, and they have a plan for that to be done very soon.