Hitman 1 and 2 versions required for 100%

SaviorKIA

Hi, I was huge fan of Hitman in 00s, but stopped playing after Absolution. Today I saw that Hitman 2 Gold Edition is on sale for a very good price and I also have PS Plus version of Hitman (2016), so it's finally good moment to start completing new trilogy (having in mind that 3 online trophies in Hitman 2 and server shutdown). I've got few questions regarding all 3 games:

Hitman 1:

1. Is PS Plus version enough for completing all trophies? Or do I need to upgrade it somehow?

Hitman 2:

2. Will I have access to all Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2 with just PS Plus version of the first game?

3. Is Gold Edition including everything I need to 100% Hitman 2 (except Legacy Pack)?

4. Legacy pack trophies won't autopop if I completed them in Hitman 1? Am I right?

And also Hitman 3:

5. Will Hitman 1 PS Plus version and Hitman 2 Gold Edition be enough to have access to HITMAN, HITMAN 2 and HITMAN 2 Expansion Pass addons/trophies in Hitman 3?

6. Does all trophies from all 3 legacy addons for Hitman 3 auto-pop if I have 100% in first two games? I'm gonna play PS5 version of the game.

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 1

Hitman 1

1. Yes. PS Plus is all you need.

Hitman 2

2. You will have access to all Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2 that you already had while playing Hitman 1. You will not have access to the Game of the Year content from Hitman 1 (this doesn't matter for trophies).

3. Yes.

4. Yes. No trophies autopop in Hitman 2.

I haven't played Hitman 3, so won't comment on your last two questions.

Edited by cckerberos
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

Hitman 1

1. Yes. PS Plus is all you need.

Hitman 2

2. You will have access to all Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2 that you already had while playing Hitman 1. You will not have access to the Game of the Year content from Hitman 1 (this doesn't matter for trophies).

3. Yes.

4. Yes. Not trophies autopop in Hitman 2.

I haven't played Hitman 3, so won't comment on your last two questions.

Thanks a lot for quick reply :) First 4 questions were the most important for me, because I will wait for better offer to buy the third game anyway.

Just to add a couple things:

You can claim Hitman 1 GOTY legacy pack in Hitman 3 with just the PS+ version.

A 7-part DLC for Hitman 3 is already purchaseable (I don't know if the first part is out yet), each part will most likely have its own trophy set.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

Thanks a lot for quick reply :) First 4 questions were the most important for me, because I will wait for better offer to buy the third game anyway.

Sure thing. I was able to get 100% no problem with just the PS Plus version of Hitman 1 and the Gold Edition of Hitman 2.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that you will not be able to get the Sieger 300 Ghost became it was part of Hitman 1 GOTY. The Sieger 300 Ghost is the best subsonic suppressed sniper rifle in the game, so a lot of guide videos on YouTube use it. Other sniper rifles work almost as well, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaviorKIA said:

And also Hitman 3:

5. Will Hitman 1 PS Plus version and Hitman 2 Gold Edition be enough to have access to HITMAN, HITMAN 2 and HITMAN 2 Expansion Pass addons/trophies in Hitman 3?

6. Does all trophies from all 3 legacy addons for Hitman 3 auto-pop if I have 100% in first two games? I'm gonna play PS5 version of the game.

Yes, I  don't own 3 yet but I was able to to claim the DLC for 1 and 2 in 3's addon section. (I only ever rented The Complete Edition for the first game, downloaded all updates and DLC's. When that was done, I went to the in game store to claim/ redeem the legacy pack or whatever to unlock it 2. Hitman 2 I bought the Gold Edition - no downloading needed. Then I  went and redeemed both games for free under 3. ? ) Side note there will still be a Hitman GOTY Legacy pack to purchase for 2 for 9.99, no trophies are tied to it as far as I can find though it looks like it might have a useful weapon as stated above.

Most trophies will autopop from what I read but some will not.

• Like 1

To access the Hitman 1 Levels in 2&3, you need to have H1 installed and go to its in-game-store to claim the free pack to have the correct "PSN store item/license".

(Within H2&3 it would only show a pack to purchase otherwise, despite owning the PS+ version of H1, as it wants to upsell to the GOTY Edition. And as mentioned above, the additional content of H1 GOTY ("Patient Zero" campaign) is not needed for trophies).

After claiming this pack, you can delete H1, unless you want to play it as well.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

That figures about the Hitman 1 GOTY, I could have saved myself $10. 

I bought Hitman 3 (PS5) off of eBay for $28, then realized we could import H1 and H2 into it. But I hadn't played either game...so looking into how things worked, I realize I could save myself the most money and only have to play each game once if I waited until Hitman 2 Gold Edition went on sale, then just import H1 into that. Well H2:G went on sale today, and I imported the PS+ version of H1 into it...but I thought we needed the GOTY edition for all trophies so I paid the $10 for that upgrade. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

I haven't played any of the Hitman games.  So, reading through the posts, do I play Hitman 1 through before starting Hitman 2, or do I play Hitman 2 and somehow import Hitman 1 into the game?

If you own Hitman 1 (and any additional Hitman 1 content) Hitman 2 will recognise that, and you will be able to download Hitman 1 levels into Hitman 2

You could then simply play all of the Hitman 1 & Hitman 2 content within Hitman 2.

Doing this would net you the Hitman 2 100%, as Hitman 2 has trophies for both Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 content.

You would not actually need to ever load up Hitman 1 as a discrete game, and would therefore not ever install the Hitman 1 trophy list.

• Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

If you own Hitman 1 (and any additional Hitman 1 content) Hitman 2 will recognise that, and you will be able to download Hitman 1 levels into Hitman 2

You could then simply play all of the Hitman 1 & Hitman 2 content within Hitman 2.

Doing this would net you the Hitman 2 100%, as Hitman 2 has trophies for both Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 content.

You would not actually need to ever load up Hitman 1 as a discrete game, and would therefore not ever install the Hitman 1 trophy list.

Appreciate the info!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

I haven't played any of the Hitman games.  So, reading through the posts, do I play Hitman 1 through before starting Hitman 2, or do I play Hitman 2 and somehow import Hitman 1 into the game?

Since all 3 games are part of a trilogy where each next game picks up where the previous one left, it's important to play all games in order if you haven't played them before. 

Edited by Deceptrox