Cypher's Tomb Raider (2013) Online MP Roadmap

CypherNova139

Thanks for you comment on the details and amount of time this guide took to put together, much appreciated!

The MP is relatively easy with a good boost group, but the XP grind was completely unnecessary - thanks devs for wasting my trophy hunting time. At least they had the heart to cut the XP grind in half versus if you did this at launch by not requiring the prestige character any longer.
but yea such a boring XP grind -  which is why I included the idle boost method lol.

• Like 2

For ranked, everyone but the person/people needing the win can quit out and it'll count as a win still. Saves time from waiting for the match to play out. Then just do the other trophies such artilleryman in private if you'd like, considering you can choose maps and modes there.

Though that's just a suggestion as your roadmap also works.

Edited by flashpool23

Thank you for writing this guide. It's really nice to see a veteran taking the time to compile all these tips and tricks to help us save time! This is the last game in the tomb raider series I need to plat but I haven't found the time yet to dedicate myself to the grind. I'll keep an eye out for a tomb raider session in the future as I do like boosting games and that grenade method sound like fun.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CypherNova139 said:

I've had mixed success with the quit trick working or not, hence why it's not mentioned. If I recall right quitting out only worked for PS3 as well, been a while since any of my sessions players tried this.

That's fair. I've done it 3 separate times on PS4 the last month and it's been a success each time so I just leave it as our experiences varying.

Thanks for the kind words Lil-Gocee, I'm glad to help the community where I can!

Yea the grenades was quite hilarious. I did it with @cr1s and it was quite a fun way to play together even if the end goal of getting a grindy trophy was not as fun as the journey to obtain it.

@flash, cool! Good to hear the quit trick is more useful lately than it was for me.

• Like 1

I read your guide and I just got a question about the xp. When I loaded up the game and went into multiplayer I saw the option 'Feats and Setbacks' and it looks like there are a bunch of challenges that reward you xp. Is it worth going for those while you are trying to get to lvl 60? 

Personally I haven't noticed people intentionally concentrating on those challenges, I don't remember the XP pay out to be worth the time investment to intentionally do them, especially if solo boosting the XP as many of these require other people.

Most people boosting just want the match wins to be over with and then think about XP grind later, so don't go out of your way to hold up a session just to get a few extra challenges each round. Then when the XP grind comes up the usual strategy is to go for the most time efficient routes, which may not involve doing the feats.

From what I've seen of gameplay though the feats/setbacks are structured enough to come up a lot naturally in gameplay.

Some higher XP feats naturally pop up during play with the grenades boosting, as by killing each other you get feats like "Archenemy" (24) "Blow Out" (111) "Double Trouble" (521)  "Enough" (24) "nemesis" (36) "revenge" (485) "booted" (501) "farmed" (35) over and over again - by getting some of these is how the grenades is faster than the solo grind (number in () is how many I got on my save that I had done grenade boost on).

So I would say doing the feats is dependent on your scenario - if it is worth the time investment / efficiency, difficulty of feat, possibility if soloing, will it disrupt boost session flow / getting other scenario trophies for you or others in session, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

🏆 Escapist can be earned solo without using any weapons or buying any upgrades. While grinding exp and salvage at Underground, the hatch to a submarine will open midway through each round (it seems to be after 4 minutes pass). Pressing the self destruct button will set the remaining time to 2 minutes and make the map more hazardous with a collapsing ceiling and various explosions. I realized this was counting toward the trophy and inspected the stats to see the “Singed” bonus (survived 3 explosions in a round) was already triggered twice and I was then at 9/10 instances for the trophy.