alleged 10/10 platinum difficulty rating makes me afraid to play this - is it REALLY that hard?!

rockstarjazz

i havent played a devil may cry game for FIFTEEN YEARS.

i will need some practise. i remember DMD was tough on 3 but i got through it, but was never good at combos.

do you need super fast reflexes like those crazy asian gamers you see at competitions because i am 38 and not as fast as i used to be.

i suspect DMC5 is probably the harder than 3 but i am hoping with experience that the plat will eventually become reachable? i like to get thoughts on those who have the Plat or who are well on their way to it please.

the game looks like fun but being a platinum hunter i am very intimidated by its difficulty rating.

worst case scenario, i might play the game but just for fun, not for trophies, might need to create a second psn account for that

Ill be honest, i dont feel like its a 10/10, its mostly that because of S ranking hell and hell (you die in 1 shot but enemies have son of sparda health and aggressive-ness). As you may know with the guides, theres an exploit that lets you restart from a checkpoint before a battle by closing the app then restarting so ypu keep your style points so in case you mess up a fight u dont need to restart from 0.

What makes hell and hell hard is the fact that you have to be VERY careful when playing nero missions in HAH difficulty because if you die once its mostly game over. For dante just cheese everything with royal guard and faust spam and meteors and for V just manage his DT bar through the mission and u fine (bosses still hard). My advice is that focus on passing the game first on every difficulty and then work on strats for s ranking each mission, keep and eye on mission 8 on HAH as that is the hardest challenge on this plat.

Good luck and sorry for this big reply ??

• Like 2

Just now, pieroilcapo said:

Ill be honest, i dont feel like its a 10/10, its mostly that because of S ranking hell and hell (you die in 1 shot but enemies have son of sparda health and aggressive-ness). As you may know with the guides, theres an exploit that lets you restart from a checkpoint before a battle by closing the app then restarting so ypu keep your style points so in case you mess up a fight u dont need to restart from 0.

What makes hell and hell hard is the fact that you have to be VERY careful when playing nero missions in HAH difficulty because if you die once its mostly game over. For dante just cheese everything with royal guard and faust spam and meteors and for V just manage his DT bar through the mission and u fine (bosses still hard). My advice is that focus on passing the game first on every difficulty and then work on strats for s ranking each mission, keep and eye on mission 8 on HAH as that is the hardest challenge on this plat.

Good luck and sorry for this big reply ??

Also if it makes you feel good, this plat is much faster and straight forward than dmc4 and less stressful aside of s ranking HAH so dont get discouraged :)

• Like 1

This was my first ever dmc game and it was nowhere near a 10/10 or even 9/10 in my opinion. After running through the game about seven times you'll have a good understanding of the combat and know the levels by heart. Dante has a gun called faust that makes his s ranks easier if you don't mind farming a bit, Nero requires more effort In order to not get touched as he doesn't really have any broken weapons like Dante but there is quite a few items that will help a ton and then there's V which i found the hardest. Everything with V just seemed to take forever to die and you have to wait around whenever his pets die (which they'll do a lot). 

Don't let the difficulty scare you, it's one of the best action games ever made.

• Like 1

One of the best games that has come out of Capcom! I commented on a post earlier this week for the same reason. I actually think it was the same person that started that post also! ? ill say the same thing, nowhere near a 10/10, probably an 8 for newcomers to the series. A few of the Dante must Die missions can be sticky as far as getting the S Ranks are concerned and Hell and Hell can be a little frustrating, but through practice and the guides on this forum and YouTube, it is certainly more than manageable! ?

• Like 4

I would say it is a very hard platinum, but far from impossible. I played many hours of DMC before, specially 3, but never cared about style or combos. On my first playthrough just to clear the game I would mess up a lot on combos, and could not remember them very well. Then I started my way to the platinum on human, aiming on getting better and better on combos and getting hit very few times. When I noticed I was already on HAH, things went smoother than I anticipated. 

For me it was "easy" until Son of Sparda. On DMD and HAH there were missions where I retried countless times until I got it down. I avoided videos or guides, to not try to do things that could be above my skill level and make me feel frustrated. But this game is a masterpiece, one of the bests that I ever played. Even when I had to retry multiple times, this game is so much fun that I never had ill feelings. The soundtrack alone was enough to make me feel pumped and motivated to try again. One thing to note is that I never thought that the game was "broken" or "cheated". Obvioulsy there are parts that will make you retry a lot, but it is fine, specially on a higher difficulty. It's just a matter of patience and resilience until you increase your skill. 

My first tip is to have patience. Dont expect the platinum to go fast. Dont strain yourself thinking about HAH, just focus on your current mission, on the current difficulty. You may have to redo a mission many times, but it is normal. The second is to have patience. Keep trying until you get that sick combo down. At some point it start to become natural, and you will even remember on the fly on a new move to add to it. And the third is to enjoy the game. Like I said before, this game is a masterpiece, so enjoy it. Do not be afraid to enjoy it because you may give up the platinum along the way. It is one of the best of all time. 

Don't let a games difficulty stop you from playing it. Devil May Cry 5 is one of the best games on the market for it's genre. Games like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden are supposed to be challenging, If you spend time learning how to play Nero in the games training mode 'The Void' you'll be fine. Dante has cheese strategies to get through his stages easier, V is only difficulty for hell and hell stages in my opinion, Vergil is overpowered as he should be whilst Nero is the most honest character since he lacks any exploits or cheese. I managed to platinum the game and the 100% and if I can do it, I'm sure you can to. If you need any advice send me a PM.

7 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I platinum DMC2, DMC3 and DmC.

I don't play DMC1, DMC4 and DMC5 because those platinum is hard.

I afraid I cannot platinum those games.

If you can do 3 you can do 1. Neither require S ranking DMD or any difficulty fully. If you want to super cheese 1 just through the game on the easier difficulties and recollect all the usable items. Rank doesn't matter so just spam away.

4 isn't too bad and I feel anyone with the patience and knows how to manipulate the camera can easily get the S ranks with Lady and Trish on DMD, LDK, and the easier difficulties. The two ladies can also easily get the SSS ranks on all the bosses besides Dante. Bloody Palace is cheesed with Dante, Nero, and Vergil with their super costumes so you'll only have to do it legitimately with Lady and Trish. However, if you did all your S ranks with them you'll had the practice to do it. HaH doesn't require a full S rank play through so you're more than welcomed to continue as much as you like.

5 is actually a decent challenge but imo one of the easier DMC games despite needing to S rank DMD and HaH. 5 gives you so many tools to be absolutely broken that even a moderately skilled player can pull off with ease. 2/3 of the missions being V or Dante, both being easy wins, really hits home how easy the game is. Additionally, while Nero doesn't have a broken, essentially insta-win tool his Devil Breakers are beyond broken if you use them right. Finally, patience is important (again) and definitely learn camera manipulation.

• Like 3

So I had a look at your list to see what you platinumed:

- God of War games - you know your stuff with action focused videogames 

- The Evil Within, Dante's Inferno and TLoU1 are 100% - you can handle frustrating aspects of a list and still get them done. 

Those being considered - you will have no issues platinuming DMC5. It is not a 10/10 by any means, it is a tough BUT FAIR game. Also it is the best dmc game design wise, so you have more than enough tools to S rank all difficulties whether you are a DMC beginner or expert. 

I would say take the plunge, start the game and don't worry that much :D

Really though... Who rates this game 10/10? I know difficulty is subjective but damn xD I would say DMC4 is tougher to platinum, should that one be rated 11/10?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Storfl_92 said:

Watch this video. He talks you through all steps. From creating one to updating your main account with your new trophies. Its really not hard. I do this all the time

thanks.

but what happens if you create a blank account, play a game, earn a trophy, but later find you dont like the game or dont want to go after all the trophies, and you delete that blank account. what happens to that trophy?