PS5 physical games full set

Amalrik69

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it likely that we'll get a lot less physical games on PS5 due to the discs being 100 GB? Not to mention the fact that there is a digital-only PS5.

Then again, I don't know how much a 100 GB disc costs compared to the more standard 50 GB used on PS3 and PS4. I could see some limited-run PS5 physical games having a physical case, and maybe a booklet or something. But then there would be a digital code for the actual game. Granted, I think that might have even happened with PS4 on occasion. 

11 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Is it likely that we'll get a lot less physical games on PS5 due to the discs being 100 GB? Not to mention the fact that there is a digital-only PS5.

Then again, I don't know how much a 100 GB disc costs compared to the more standard 50 GB used on PS3 and PS4. I could see some limited-run PS5 physical games having a physical case, and maybe a booklet or something. But then there would be a digital code for the actual game. Granted, I think that might have even happened with PS4 on occasion. 

A few PS4 games have gone the two disc route, I could picture the PS5 doing the same.  It all just installs to the HDD/SSD anyways so it doesn't really matter how many discs are needed in the process of copying them there.

And with the SSD it seems like there may be opportunities for better compression, for smaller file sizes.

Who knows for the future but I think the PS5 will be okay.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 4:03 AM, Amalrik69 said:

I will make an update within the week.

I started a spreadsheet at ps5db.com as I'm going for a full collection too, but ran out of time to update it due to work pressures when lockdown ended. You're welcome to download your own copy to build on and/or join efforts to keep it updated.

Great thread, really interesting to see how many physical copy PS5 games there are already even at this fairly early juncture.  On a somewhat related note am I right in thinking that the only true PS5 exclusive games currently available physically are Destruction All Stars, Returnal, Demon Souls and Rift Apart?  There's Astro's Playroom as well of course but I won't count that as it's not a physical release.  Would it be worth adding things like Renzo Racer Remastered and Panda Hero Remastered to this mini list as well?  Not sure if these are actually different games to the PS4 versions though or if the "Remastered" bit has been tacked on to the name to try and shift more units. 

Edit: Probably I should consider Final Fantasy VII remake as a PS5 exclusive seeing that the PS5 version has what I believe is PS5 exclusive DLC/trophies.   

Edited by PondNewt

Doki Doki Literature Club had a limited physical copy for PS5 (don't know if it's still available anywhere), and Dying Light 2 can be pre-ordered as a PS5 game as well.

Forgot Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Directors Cut, can be pre-ordered from limited run games:
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/ps5-limited-run-4-shantae-riskys-revenge-directors-cut

Another one to pre-order from Nis, Monark:
https://store.nisaeurope.com/products/copy-of-monark-deluxe-edition-nintendo-switch-playstation-4-playstation-5?_pos=4&_sid=95c2eef5d&_ss=r

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi

Following…thanks for compiling. 

battlefield 2042

marvel’s guardians of the galaxy

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl

Hades

Elex II

Ever Forward

Tribes of Midgard

should be added

Edited by MrTrofyHunter

• 2 weeks later...