DLC Planned?

Hey all,

I remember the devs mentioning that they'd add content to this version of the game...been searching the internet with no luck.  Wanting to put my PS4 to bed soon.  Wondering if they'll add trophies or not...anyone hear anything about this?

1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

I'd put trophies for this Fatesworn DLC firmly in the maybe camp, so don't uninstall it just yet. Couldn't you transfer the saves and the game to PS5? If that's what you mean by putting the PS4 to bed.

Yeah, I think I can do that.  Yep, that's what I mean.  I have my PS5 still in the box...I'm moving in 2 months and don't want to set it up just yet.  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

Yeah, I think I can do that.  Yep, that's what I mean.  I have my PS5 still in the box...I'm moving in 2 months and don't want to set it up just yet.  Thanks!

Yeah, for all we know the DLC might not even be out in 2 months time. I just hope there's an increase to the level cap to keep a sense of progression for high level characters.   

• 4 weeks later...

Poking around the official discord, seems it's a big project and it's still being picked away at. I'd imagine trying to jigsaw something brand new into decade old spaghetti code is a rather large task.

I think there are a few gear images kicking around, though.

2 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Poking around the official discord, seems it's a big project and it's still being picked away at. I'd imagine trying to jigsaw something brand new into decade old spaghetti code is a rather large task.

I think there are a few gear images kicking around, though.

Interesting to hear, thanks!  I'll keep it installed, just in case.

1 hour ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

There is a Fate Edition that includes the upcoming DLC. Says to extend the game 5+ hours.

https://platprices.com/en-us/game/27217-kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-fate-edition

Thanks.  I knew it was planned (read the OP) but their estimated release month/quarter came and went, which is why I was asking if anyone heard anything about it, like a cancellation and such.

Yeah like someone already mentioned, I stumbled across the Fate Edition on the Microsoft Store the other day and was like "What the hell is this? And why is it so much more than the base version? And it's a Remaster of an old game so why is there Pre-Order DLC or something?" read the description and yeah turns out it's getting a New DLC that will be over 5 Hours of new content sometime soon-ish ? wasn't even aware they had announced this previously ?

Games like Amalur is what I miss about the PS3 days. Nowadays games like this just don't exist for the PS4. It just seems like it's nothing but that horrendous retro side-scrolling and first-person garbage. It's nauseating how much of this shit litters the PS4 store. It was never this bad on the PS3. If the PS5 is going to continue this trend I'll likely never waste my time buying one.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just hoping we can eventually buy the Fatesworn DLC separate. Currently it seems to only come with the Fate Edition, which is Digital only...and I bought the physical copy of it. I also haven't started it yet though, I wanted to wait until we knew more about the DLC so that I wouldn't Plat this then have a long wait for the DLC and just end up being rusty (I bought the DLC for the PS3 version years after I platted it and I had no idea what was going on anymore). 

• 4 months later...

They still plan more DLC for this? I played the full base game on PC. Fate edition is on sale, which I just realized includes this upcoming DLC. Might be time to revisit this great game and get it on my trophy list.

But should I start the game before or after the Fatesworn launch? Because aside from the DLC itself it says it adds "5hrs of additional content". That wording makes me feel the main game will be added on to and maybe I should wait to play... ?

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2021 at 10:41 PM, Skurkitty said:

They still plan more DLC for this? I played the full base game on PC. Fate edition is on sale, which I just realized includes this upcoming DLC. Might be time to revisit this great game and get it on my trophy list.

But should I start the game before or after the Fatesworn launch? Because aside from the DLC itself it says it adds "5hrs of additional content". That wording makes me feel the main game will be added on to and maybe I should wait to play... 1f914.png

They said in discord that as of the 9th of this month Fatesworn is in the final stages of production. It'll be like the other three DLC areas, it'll likely be better to beat the main game first. This way all the stuff you find will be of an appropriate level to actually be useful.