Transferring progress from Vita to PS4 and vice versa

Hi guys,

I have the game on PS+ and will be getting a Vita soon.

I have a few questions...

1. Do I have to buy it again for the Vita?

2. Does it have a separate trophy list on the Vita? 

3. Can you transfer your Vita progress to PS4 and vice versa?

4. Will my time stamps be ok if I switch between the two, my Vita will probably be offline while on the go, but I can tether it to my phone if needed.

My ideal situation would be to play the base game on ps4 when at home, and on the Vita on the go - all working towards the same Plat.

It's a wacky scenario, I wonder if it's possible.

Never had a Vita before, this is exciting!

I'm going for 100%.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Bratinov

1. No, According to https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games_(PAL_region) you received the PS4 and PSVita Version

2. Yes. According to https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3091-the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth it shares a Trophy list with PSVita and PS4.

3. Can't Answer this a 100% but from what I know PSVita and PS4 do not share the same Savefiles

4. Yes, since you play everything legit there is no problem with your timestamps. Just make sure that you sync your earned trophies before switching the systems

Edited by Dark-Doomblade
  • Like 1

Just beware that DLC was never released on Vita, so if you're going for 100% you can platinum the game playing on whatever you like most between PS4 and Vita.

You'll have then to be on PS4 to play the DLC content (which is pretty huge).

I'm not sure if there's an optimal way to go about this, playing with dlc installed or without ?

I believe it's easier playing with the v1.00 without DLC; but playing with DLC could cut some endgame content, leading to having less runs to do.

Potentially you could optimize secrets unlocks out in one playthrough if you play with DLC installed, which you couldn't do playing the v1.00 version because the said unlocks/contents didn't exist back then.

And there's another HUGE expansion coming before the end of this year I believe, Repentance

This game is truly awesome but so many things to do... at some times I feel discouraged but in the end it's so worth it !

Happy plays !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okoteiru said:

Just beware that DLC was never released on Vita, so if you're going for 100% you can platinum the game playing on whatever you like most between PS4 and Vita.

You'll have then to be on PS4 to play the DLC content (which is pretty huge).

I'm not sure if there's an optimal way to go about this, playing with dlc installed or without ?

I believe it's easier playing with the v1.00 without DLC; but playing with DLC could cut some endgame content, leading to having less runs to do.

Potentially you could optimize secrets unlocks out in one playthrough if you play with DLC installed, which you couldn't do playing the v1.00 version because the said unlocks/contents didn't exist back then.

And there's another HUGE expansion coming before the end of this year I believe, Repentance

This game is truly awesome but so many things to do... at some times I feel discouraged but in the end it's so worth it !

Happy plays !

It's an awesome game, I've logged hundreds of hours on pc, got to 100% twice, I believe. I'm yet to try the newest dlc/booster packs, they keep adding new stuff! 

It's gonna be a huge project, I'm hyped!

Edited by Bratinov
  • Like 1