Recommendations for games to buy digitally that are expensive to buy physically

nealbo85

So with the impending PS3 store shutdown I've hopped back to my PS3 and was thinking of picking up some digital games. Of course, most PS3 games can be grabbed from eBay etc. for pretty cheap but I've noticed that some of the rarer physical releases can be quite expensive. Because of that, I'm looking to see if anyone has any idea or recommendation for decent games that for whatever reason are cheaper digitally than physically that I can grab before the shutdown. I expect the list will be reasonably short but just want to make sure I don't lock myself into expensive physical copies once the store shuts down.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/04/2021 at 8:13 PM, Dreamcast12 said:

This list is far from complete but these are games who are on the more expensive side of the used games market. Also some of these games already increased in price.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir            	VITA/PS4
God of War Collection            	VITA/PS3
Fighting Climax                    	VITA/PS3
Ratchet & Clank Collection        	VITA/PS3
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection    	VITA
Alice Madness Returns            	PS3
Drakengard 3				PS3
Splatterhouse				PS3

I want splatterhouse but you can't buy it on the store, maybe it's the UK one but nothing comes up...

• Like 1

Might I ask a question? I finally brought a PS3 today because I wanted to play the original God of War games, Red Dead Redemption and the original Demon's Souls which I own physically now, whenever I look at games on the PS3 store I see games have a price but when I click on them there is no purchase option, is this because I don't have funds on my account at the time or something wrong on my end? I want to get some of the old PS1 games like Soul Reaver and the original 3 Resident Evil games

6 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Might I ask a question? I finally brought a PS3 today because I wanted to play the original God of War games, Red Dead Redemption and the original Demon's Souls which I own physically now, whenever I look at games on the PS3 store I see games have a price but when I click on them there is no purchase option, is this because I don't have funds on my account at the time or something wrong on my end? I want to get some of the old PS1 games like Soul Reaver and the original 3 Resident Evil games

No, this is because the purchase button is invisible on some games. If you click where it *should* be, it should still work. I'm sure others have better info, since it hasn't happened to me...but it seems to be more and more common with PS3 games. I just wanted to let you know it's not on your end, lol. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I l

On 19/11/2021 at 9:41 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Yakuza Dead Souls is much cheaper digitally.

Definitely, a bargain seeing as it is £15.99 on PSN. Or you would have to fork out around £90 to buy it physically off Amazon. The cheapest I can find it is £40 of CeX - https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=5055277015818&categoryName=playstation3-software&superCatName=gaming&title=yakuza-dead-souls-(18)&referredFrom=boxsearch

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...