Sonic colors remastered?

I believe this game was generally well received when it came out. But nowadays, when people discuss which Sonic games were good, no one brings this one up. At least, I never see it mentioned. It's kind of forgotten. So I hope the remaster is real, and people can rediscover this game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alderriz said:

I believe this game was generally well received when it came out. But nowadays, when people discuss which Sonic games were good, no one brings this one up. At least, I never see it mentioned. It's kind of forgotten. So I hope the remaster is real, and people can rediscover this game.

most people i know who were a sonic fan said it's really not that good, something about the game playing itself for you that at some occasion you only gonna jump, and also most fans disliked the wisps stuff as why the hell sonic need a speed boost from something.

i think it was the ninttendo fanboys who were praising it up to none because it was exclusive on the Wii.

me personally i would love to have a Sonic Generation Remaster instead.

• Like 2

These are some rather nice news. I used to play sonic Colors on my Wii and, even if it isn't the greatest Sonic game ever, it was still a reasonably good entry in the Sonic franchise for the Wii at the time. Not nearly good as Generations, but still way better than Unleashed in my opinion. As @Alderriz mentioned above, though, it is often forgotten for a couple of reasons. Some people did have trouble getting a grip with the Wii controls and the gameplay can be rather disorienting or "automatic" at times, so some people aren't exactly too fond of it.

But hey, it's still a good Sonic game worth playing. Nice to hear they're bringing this one up again as it's certainly worth a second shot nowadays. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alderriz said:

Definitely agree with this, I feel like Generations overshadows Colors greatly mainly because of how accessible it is compared to Colors, so it'll be great to see more people be able to play it.

Would have personally loved a Sonic 3D Collection in the same veins of Sonic Mega Collection on GCN

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

most people i know who were a sonic fan said it's really not that good, something about the game playing itself for you that at some occasion you only gonna jump, and also most fans disliked the wisps stuff as why the hell sonic need a speed boost from something.

i think it was the ninttendo fanboys who were praising it up to none because it was exclusive on the Wii.

me personally i would love to have a Sonic Generation Remaster instead.

naw cmon, we know the Sonic game in need of a remaster the most is the without-flaw masterpiece...

Sonic and the Black Knight :)

• Like 1

I played it back on the Wii and while it is a fun game, it's definitely far from the best in the series. The problem I had with it was the writing in the story and the fact that despite it being a 3D Sonic game, it feels like 80% of it is in 2D. I actually did like the wisps. 

With that said I'd welcome a remaster with open arms largely because it being a Wii exclusive meant the potential of what could have been a gorgeous looking game was held back. Seeing it in HD would be incredible! 

• Like 2

It isn't a spectacular game but it is decent in comparison to some of the more fetid turds in the 3D Sonic catalogue. About on par with Adventure 1 (the superior Adventure game by far don't even @ me)                    

• Like 1

Am i the only one who really liked unleashed. I personally thought it was the best of the non adventure 3d sonics and the only real problem i had with it is a subpar framerate in certain stages*cough*adabat*cough* and the fact that eggmanland was a bit too long.

• Like 2

I've been waiting for this to happen since it released exclusively on Nintendo 10yrs year. If true this is great news from a trophy collector and accessibility standpoint, especially since now all console boost games will exist on PlayStation. It's always bothered me that PlayStation has only had 3/4 of the games with the boost formula. Very much intrigued to see where the platinum difficulty would rank between the other boost games.

As for the quality of the game (Wii version), it's not as good as it's been made out to be. It's probably the weakest boost game, if not slightly better than Sonic Forces. MadEdders95 nailed what is probably the two biggest issues with the game. The game suffers from an identity crisis (especially off the heels of the predominantly 3D Sonic Unleashed), has inconsistent tone and poor writing, plot, comedy, and characterization. Gameplay is weaker in areas (inferior 3D sections, decreased speed for Sonic, toned down difficulty, etc). It is most definitely not better than Sonic Unleashed.

That said, the "Ultimate" term in the other listing is more interesting than anything else, as to me it can only allude to this remastered edition being an amalgamation of the game's differing versions: DS (considered the best version) and Wii. If all handled right, this should easily surpass either versions of the original Sonic Colors, especially the Wii version.

Also, Sonic Adventure 2 is best adventure installment.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

i welcome it. they need to also bring back sonic lost world if sony is listening (will even take it without the nintendo levels).

if they wanna remastered Sonic Lost World and bring it to other platforms they could just port or remastered the PC version, since sonic lost world was also released on the PC, that way they could avoid the Nintendo contents.