How Hard Is This Platinum (Ignoring Currently Bugged Trophies)?

PhantomFear94

Hey all,

Getting this game anyway when I get paid, whether I platinum it or not, as I've been keeping a keen eye on this one. Would love to go for the Platinum in this if I can, though.

I've seen the detective handbook resource linked below, but without much context of the game (trying not to ruin it for myself) and the vague achievements/trophy descriptions, I have a weak gauge on how difficult/long this platinum would be.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1948691016

I know it's currently unobtainable (as of 12 April 2021, although a patch is due to land) but ignoring the affected trophies, I'd appreciate any insight anyone can give.

• Like 2

Platinum is obtainable, today patch 1.3 dropped and already 3 people achieved the platinum. I think they could comment on the overall difficulty, but I don't think this one is difficult at all (no combat or anything requiring your skill). 

Not difficult, just convoluted as a lot of the trophies are missable or have bizarre requirements. 

Giving the medal to The Pigs for instance doesn't work if you are with your partner Lt. Kim but works if you are alone. 

You can make a save before going to bed on night three then reload that for the different political endings.

The steam guide is very helpful but given all the different dialogue options and quests there isn't an "in depth perfect path" and a lot of partial playthroughs are required. 

Amazing game I highly recommend it. I have not laughed so hard at a game in a while. 

Yes, the idea to do a blind run first, thank you. I suspected as much given the type of game it is, but the trophy descriptions are really vague.

I can't understand the Disco Reader tool at all on the Steam handbook. Looks like an amazing resource for general information, tactics and tips, but from glimpsing at the achievement section I just can't get a good grip on what you need to do. Didn't look too long to not get anything spoiled for me. Will probably wait for more of a typical roadmap before jumping in completion wise.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/05/2021 at 9:42 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/disco-elysium-ps4/guide/

Roadmap finally came out, shocked its 80-100 hours? Not sure why but I got the impression this isn't the longest game in the world. Clearly very wrong lmao.

I'm playing it now (near the end of the first day) and am doubting the 80-100 hours estimation. 60 hours sounds like it would be more accurate but it might even be below that. That guide also would be much better if it laid out the Day 3 trophies regarding the Pie/Medal/Figure in the roadmap. Missing trophies that you can get in 10 mins on Day 1 is whatever and you can't get them all at the same time anyway unless you use the now patched glitch (and that locks you out of the pie on Day 3), but having to do a whole playthrough because you missed stuff in Day 1/2 is bad. 

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 18/05/2021 at 9:42 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/disco-elysium-ps4/guide/

Roadmap finally came out, shocked its 80-100 hours? Not sure why but I got the impression this isn't the longest game in the world. Clearly very wrong lmao.

I can confirm off my own experience that it is 40 hours, so half what that said. You could reduce time even further if you play the game on hardcore straight away as I recall seeing the hardcore box seemingly active when I started the game so perhaps a patch made it so you don't have to unlock it. Hardcore mode makes checks a bit harder and that is really it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2021 at 3:31 PM, FulgidoLucio said:

I'm interested in playing this game, but I'm afraid of that 6/10. The last time I platted a 6/10 was Final Fantasy VII Remake and it was almost impossible to me (I only made it because Bahamut glitched). 

I imagine the guide author went by the difficulty listed on PlayStation Trophies which is very much off so I wouldn't worry. It is a game where you largely walk around and talk to people (not putting it down) and can save scum any dice roll if you wish. There is nothing skill based in the game which is what can trip people up as what is easy for one person can be hard for others. It'd only be a 6 if you had to find out specifics on trophies by yourself which you obviously don't. 

Both here and elsewhere has information on each trophy many of which are saying some manner of X a certain amount of times. Just knowing what those Xs were by looking at the list I was able to without any guide telling me specifics get most of them as once I got one out of the way I knew I no longer needed to say them and could instead say something else to contribute to a different trophy. Others are a bit more involved as you have to do them on later days and they require certain stats or ideas (need the 4 political ones unlocked).

Anything you miss you can clean up on a new playthrough quick enough even if they require you to be on later days as books/your journal can fast forward time for you. Hardcore mode makes the dice rolls a bit harder but you can save scum it if you have to and it can be speed run which limits the amount of dice rolls you need to do in the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/06/2021 at 9:33 AM, Rozalia1 said:

I'm playing it now (near the end of the first day) and am doubting the 80-100 hours estimation. 60 hours sounds like it would be more accurate but it might even be below that. That guide also would be much better if it laid out the Day 3 trophies regarding the Pie/Medal/Figure in the roadmap. Missing trophies that you can get in 10 mins on Day 1 is whatever and you can't get them all at the same time anyway unless you use the now patched glitch (and that locks you out of the pie on Day 3), but having to do a whole playthrough because you missed stuff in Day 1/2 is bad. 

Can you elaborate on that a little bit? With regards to the Day 3 trophies pie/medal/figure?

3 hours ago, LethalLuke1993 said:

Can you elaborate on that a little bit? With regards to the Day 3 trophies pie/medal/figure?

Figure. Buy a certain figure off the junk shop (south of the hotel) and have it before the end game. Then when you're past the point of no return (you'll know), go to sleep in a bed there so you can have an event that allows you to give the figure to someone.

Medal. There is an old former solider guy southwest of the hotel. There is a choice, which can be easily failed, that you have to do with him successfully for him to give you the medal (save scum it if you fail). Then do the Evrart Claire story (the habour in the northeast) until he has you meet a person who has a gun. Don't meet that person with your partner, drop him off at night first (at the hotel just go to your room at night and he'll go), and then meet the person alone and give them your medal. You need Authority 4+ to be able to give her the medal.

Pie. Authority 6+, Conceptualization:4+, Composure:4+, Endurance:6+. Meet Gary and another guy in the area that opens up on Day 3. Talk to the other guy and do his task to get him to go to the hotel. Once the other guy and Gary are in the hotel you need to talk to Gary and get the Pie out of him which requires those stats. If you talk to the other guy and continue that conversation Gary will state that he is done there and he'll leave once you do a screen change, so get the Pie before he leaves. This check when it comes to trophies is the nastiest one but you have a lot of game time to boost your stats towards these needed numbers. Only thing that could cause you trouble is if your caps don't go high enough. In that case you'll need to look into items that boost those stats, drugs can also help. If that ain't enough then make sure to do boring choices to get the "Regular Law Official" thought which once completed will raise your caps significantly. 

• 2 months later...

Yeah I’d agree with most of this comment. Coming towards the end of my first play through now and it doesn’t seem like too much work to get the plat. I’ve made saves at the beginning of each day so I can go back and sweep up after my initial blind play through.ive thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it so far.

id also agree that it’s a little frustrating when not knowing the trophy requirements playing blind - for example, Until reading this post I wasn’t sure where or when I’d need to hand over things like the medal for the trophy (I went and saw the pigs lady with Kim by my side) so disappointed I missed that opportunity) but at same time by saving at beginning of each day, I don’t see it being a big time drain to go back and pick up the remaining ones through the saves when I’m done.

I wouldn’t advise this very often (as I like getting plats asap and not so bothered about ‘the story’ or spoilers usually) but with this game I really do recommend playing blind the first time. It’s a unique game ( who knew political theory could be this absorbing), very funny and completly relevant in today’s world. It’s not too long either, so don’t be put off by those 80hrs plus estimations. It’s nothing like that many hours.

enjoy!

• Like 1