Beyond Two Souls or The Last of Us?

MysticSparxman

Which is better?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

The Last of Us. You'll get much more gameplay time, a fun multiplayer experience and the story is one of the best I've seen in gaming. 

Parker

I was very tempted to pick that up the last time I was in town, but then I saw Beyond Two Souls and that looked quite good too. I didn't know which one to pick up afterwards, so I didn't pick up either one. 

Guessing you didn't play Beyond

Personally? No, but I did watch and experience the whole thing at a buddies birthday party (yep, instead of actually doing anything we stayed home and played video games) and I certainly wasn't impressed. Heavy Run was a much more enjoyable experience, in my opinion.

Parker

Personally? No, but I did watch and experience the whole thing at a buddies birthday party (yep, instead of actually doing anything we stayed home and played video games) and I certainly wasn't impressed. Heavy Run was a much more enjoyable experience, in my opinion.

Parker

Its definitely better than Heavy Rain

Its definitely better than Heavy Rain

Gameplay wise, absolutely. I personally enjoyed the story in Heavy Rain more than Beyond though. Of course that could be because for me Heavy Rain came from nowhere and it never got hyped up while Beyond was always hyped to be amazing so I had very high expectations. 

I'm not saying Beyond was a bad game, in fact I think quite the opposite. But I don't think it holds a candle to The Last of Us. 

Parker

• Like 1

Gameplay wise, absolutely. I personally enjoyed the story in Heavy Rain more than Beyond though. Of course that could be because for me Heavy Rain came from nowhere and it never got hyped up while Beyond was always hyped to be amazing so I had very high expectations. 

I'm not saying Beyond was a bad game, in fact I think quite the opposite. But I don't think it holds a candle to The Last of Us. 

Parker

I personally like it better than The Last of Us, which is highly overrated

Coming from a huge fan of Heavy Rain who's played both Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us, I'd easily say go for The Last of Us. No, Beyond doesn't deserve all the hate it's gotten and it's a pretty good game but it's story is just not up to the quality of that of The Last of Us and Heavy Rain. The character development was very weak for everyone except Jodie, certain chapters tend to drag on, and many of the ending options were given very little incentive to be picked, and just seem out of place. Again, that's just my personal opinion but I really do think The Last of Us is a more gripping and memorable experience.

The Last of Us. You'll get much more gameplay time, a fun multiplayer experience and the story is one of the best I've seen in gaming. 

Parker

I agree with this. I sped through Beyond: Two Souls to plat and I was done with the game in under half a day. No multiplayer, hard to play co-op without a second controller(not device.) But it was seriously fun for me to. You'll g oing to get more gameplay out of The Last of Us though, for sure. You'll have a harder time or more fun, depending on how you like to play with difficulties. The story is really nice too. =] I love both but I'm gonna say get The Last of Us if you want more gameplay.

I must say that I have enjoyed Beyond, but I would recommend going for TLOU since that game will suck you more into the story. 
I liked Beyond, but I missed the feeling it had like Heavy Rain. I didn't feel for these characters that much like I did in HR. I know you can't compare them, but something felt 'off' and missing for me.    

Not saying it's a bad game, don't get me wrong (just platted it this weekend), but it doesn't take you into the story all that much like TLOU does. (that's my opinion ofcourse).