Beyond Two Souls or The Last of Us?

MysticSparxman

Which is better?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

I would have to say The Last Of Us, Naughty Dog truly created an amazing game that i enjoyed from start to finish and even playing it four times just to get the difficulty trophies did not hamper the experience. I would have to say it was one of the best games i have ever played and i can't wait till Naughty Dog releases the single player DLC and for that matter a future release of a second game for the The Last Of Us on the PS4.

Beyond Two Souls for me was not as good as The Last Of Us but they are totally two different games with two different styles of game-play, but i still enjoyed Beyond Two Souls thoroughly and the concept that David Cage and the team from Quantic Dream was very intriguing that about life and death and the reality that us humans live in and the reality of what is beyond death was very unique and the ability to use Aiden in conjunction with Jodie made the experience even better.  

I am hoping with the PS4 that Quantic Dream create something different from that of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls with a different style of game-play.

Have a good one, happy gaming.

It's just a matter of opinion. Both are great titles, i myself prefered Beyond: Two Souls.

Yes, i've played both. I can judge which one is better. If you didn't play the game or saw someone else playing Beyond, it's not the same thing since you choose what you want to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not going to say which one you should get since I haven't played Beyond: Two Souls.

However, I do think it's worth noting that while The Last of Us is an amazing game, it is a bit overrated in my honest opinion. That being said, I would say you'll definitely get your money's worth out of TLOU and it really does feel like an unforgettable experience. In the end though, I feel like it all really comes down to personal preference, so I think you should just pick up whichever game you're more interested in.

Of course, referring back to what I said at the start of this post about not having played Beyond, I wouldn't really say that I'm the best person to ask for advice on which title to pick up.

The Last of Us is a masterpiece. Beyond Two Souls is a flawed masterpiece.

The Last of Us was a really refreshing experience, I enjoyed it so much, amazing story. The MP was addictive for quite sometime (long enough to keep you engaged to get the MP trophies) and I think it's one of the most tactical MPs on PS3.

Beyond Two Souls was really good but it seriously has it's flaws such as unnecessary action scenes with a weird plot. Apart from that it had amazing moments which could be very emotional. The ideas were there but it wasn't fully executed to perfection.

• Like 1

I played both , and now I'm going to plat Beyond.

Last of us has a better plot and gameplay, Beyond is an interactive movie with some quick time events.
They are two different kind of game so it's difficult to make proper comparisons.

I had more fun playing TLOU :)

Edited by TARDIS1977
  • Like 1

im going to say that ive enjoyed Beyond Two Souls alot more then The Last Of Us

purely because it seemed alot more story driven and the concept was far more unique.. don't get me wrong though i love both games 

just the multiplayer for TLOU was terrible IMO

• Like 1

Wow! Tough choice. Both games are superb, and must be played.

I think Last of Us narrowly edges it however, due to it having just as much cinematic quality as Beyond, same excellent story telling, same brilliant memorable characters, and both have a sucker punch of emotions. BUT The Last of Us just has a bit more playability to it, more interaction, which makes it slightly better. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you really have to choose one over the other, I would really ask what mood you are in.

The Last of Us is a true survival game (even more so depending on the difficulty), and easily the best of its kind and generation. Whereas Beyond: Two Souls is truly an interactive movie, and you are really only there to help move the film along. I don't think it gets as much credit as it deserves since people cannot relate to the main character as we possibly could with Ethan in Heavy Rain; not to mention that game was the predecessor. Not to downplay a great game, but are sequels [to the style of gameplay] ever better?

Both stories are there. Good characters with intriguing and interesting elements to them both.

Graphically, both are also superb, but QuanticDream's title inches ahead. I mean, you can see definition of moles on people's faces, as well as pores and blackheads and just a level of detail unseen. However, graphics do not make a game, and for playability, I would give it to Naughty Dog. Despite Quantic's having multiple endings, I would still also give Naughty Dog the score for replayability.

While I think both games had flaws, and I found myself disappointed with several game mechanic decisions in The Last of Us (with fewer complaints about the other), I still gave my vote [for your purchase] to it.

As a gamer, I really recommend both.

To anyone who has played and beaten Beyond: Two Souls: the very very end of the ending . . . wouldn't that be an awesome game? Naughty Dog and QuanticDream together need to make that a game.

DEFINITELY The Last of Us. The Last of Us has an amazing storyline, amazing graphics, and is the best zombie game I've ever played. It doesn't focus totally on just killing zombies, it also focuses on the hardships people are going through because of the zombie outbreak. I played Heavy Rain and wasn't impressed, stopped playing it when I had 88% of the trophies because honestly it's just not worth it if you're not having fun. I watched a few parts of a playthrough for Beyond Two Souls because of the hype it had been receiving. Knowing it was a David Cage game, I didn't go in with very high expectations, yet I still was bored. Even the upbeat commentators couldn't convince me to watch it. 

That's just my opinion and I know I'll get flamed for it. 

The Last of Us is definitely something you'd want to play again. 

Beyond Two Souls is one of the best video game experiences I have ever had. I really totally felt immersed in the world and the plot was incredibly interesting. Sure it wasn't much of a "game" as people see nowadays, but it was a great piece of storytelling and I absolutely loved every second of my first playthrough. Sure, the second time through, the game did get repetetive at point (I'm looking at you, Navajo) but it is still probably my game of the year. Ellen Page and the other actors did a great job and it really did feel like a movie at points. I'm sure Last of Us has a lot more replay value, but in terms of telling a story, Beyond Two Souls is, in my opinion, one of the best games to do so

this is an easy answer..The Last of Us! not only is this game 1 of the best stories told in gaming, it's a well rounded fun experience. Everything clicks..the gameplay is great,the voice acting is top notch. The game is even well paced, emotional and has great graphics on a dated machine like the ps3. I found this game remarkable graphically and i play games on pc at ULTRA settings all the time. The game has an engrossing story and is very long. Beyond on the other hand is ok but that's really all it is. It doesn't come anywhere near the last of us in overall quality. Buy the last of us and rent beyond :)

Edited by KalEl-Agent47