Jim Ryan needs to be voted out of his position

Pariah_Dark

1 minute ago, Dzware said:

You should start a petition. It might actually happen then1f643.png

It won't. Trophy hunters are a very small portion of PlayStation and what are we gonna do? Not buy their stuff? I know I'll still be a Sony lover at the end of the day. All Sony sees is he is boosting profits, and they'll keep him.

You may take my extra $10. You may take my PS3 and Vita stores. But I'll be damned if I stand by and let my beloved Japan Studios suffer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pariah_Dark said:

Yes, The current president of SIE, Jim Ryan needs to go.

Look at all the negative things that have happened under his watch in the two short years he's been at the head:

- PS5 exclusives raise to $70

- Japan Studio stripped to it's bare bones

- Legacy psn stores closing

- Killzone franchise retired

- Days Gone 2 denied

- Web store gets downgraded

- game patches starting to disappear due to legacy stores closing soon

- Currently killing any hope for full backward compatibility despite according to two patents they are working on solutions.

- Turned down Kojima's next game (allegedly)

- Closing the video/movie rental store DESPITE LITERALLY just starting a new video service on their new bravia televisions.

Under this man's leadership, I can't think of a single good thing that he pushed. I've never seen a company leader pull off such levels of self-sabotage before. It's as if this man has no idea what made the Playstation brand the household name it is.

And this final part is me speaking for myself personally. But as of now, I see no reason to ever buy a ps5 or anything Sony puts out beyond this point. They've shown me they have no follow through.

Curious. Do you have source for those games he denied?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

All Sony sees is he is boosting profits, and they'll keep him.

You may take my extra $10. You may take my PS3 and Vita stores. 

see, you're just mad. You still plan to support Sony. He is also boosting profit. Just because some gamers are having a temper tantrum, doesnt mean this guy is leaving.

If he's boosting profits, hes doing a good job. Its a business. Things have to change over time. Its just how it is. Deal with it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

see, you're just mad. You still plan to support Sony. He is also boosting profit. Just because some gamers are having a temper tantrum, doesnt mean this guy is leaving.

If he's boosting profits, hes doing a good job. Its a business. Things have to change over time. Its just how it is. Deal with it. 

I am not mad lol. I am actually on your side. But Japan Studios is my beloved. Right behind DViperRNG at 1x

• Like 1

Just now, snakebit10 said:

Maybe I am the only one but I can see the reason for the $10 increase on games. Kinda expected it last gen. These things are getting very expensive to develop. I don't know much on the corporate side of things but, would this be a decision that Jim Ryan could make on his own?

Yup. I bet Jim Ryan has nothing to do with it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Maybe I am the only one but I can see the reason for the $10 increase on games. Kinda expected it last gen. These things are getting very expensive to develop. I don't know much on the corporate side of things but, would this be a decision that Jim Ryan could make on his own?

I fully expected PS5 games to be $70, so...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

-PS phone app went to shit: notifications don’t work, store isn’t showing enough info, can’t see friend’s list, no activity feed, no customisation (profile background).

I liked the seperated message app because it works faster.

But the stuff that you mention still works for me. So check your app.

• Like 2