Jim Ryan needs to be voted out of his position

Pariah_Dark

its plain and simple whats happeing its all bout they money they dont look long term but look how we can make the most amount of money in te shortest time possible I said it before and will sya it again sony doesnt need to leave but they need to take an huge hit again to be humbled again because  sony is getting arogant again like after the ps2

and mony is the only thing they understand

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

And toss out the thousands of dollars I paid on Sony? I’m not exactly in a position to sell my shit on eBay or some other online auction/retail. 

Look all I'm saying Is maybe you should start focusing on the things you do enjoy instead of always being overly negative and ranting about the things that you don't.

Triple a games not your thing? There's tons of indies out there you may enjoy. 

Don't like Sony or their new leadership? There's other platforms out there. 

Dont like a certain change made on your system of choice ? Get use to it, there's many more to come and you may not be a fan of all of em. 

For all your talk of indies, I don't think I've ever seen you shed light or speak of any indies you enjoyed... but I can find at least one million posts of you talking about how trash triple a games are or how Jim Ryan is supposedly tormenting you in your sleep at night.

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You cannot rely entirely on AAA blockbusters alone for an entire console generation. The jump to $70 may be justified, AAA games cost more than they ever did before. Development lead times are already insane. The fact that the AA games industry has been mostly gone and missing from Sony platforms these past few years or so is utterly appalling.

There will be a new God of War, Ratchet & Clank and Gran Turismo title coming out, but that simply isn't enough.

Housemarque who has been collaborating with Sony for quite some time has been primarily focused on smaller scope games similar to what you'd see from indie devs and guess what? Despite being great games and a success among critics, those games sold poorly which is why they've shifted to bigger budget games. To be exact, they said "arcade is dead" and that's coming from their lips not Sony or any big corpo boss. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tiricy said:

https://twitter.com/JimRyanSIE/status/1381600337644171267?s=20

Jim Ryan Say:

Time to confess. I basically took a leaf out of Nintendo's book. They bolstered their sales by limiting the time in which you could buy some games. We upped that by limiting the time in which you could buy anything for PS3 and Vita. So far, the sales numbers increased nicely.

Dude, that's a parody account. It says in the bio-description.

• Like 3

I know it's a bit lazy, but I simply copy my post from last week.

Hello! 

My name is Jim "Play Has No Limits™" Ryan. You know me from making bad decisions at your favorite gaming company.

• We love our players. That's why we do not tolerate spicy scenes in video games brought to PlayStation® platforms. But we do tolerate rough doggy style if the game was made in California. By ourselves.
  • We love our players. That's why we removed PS3® and PS Vita® games from PlayStation® Plus without compensation.
  • We love our players. That's why we turned our terrible storefront into a horrible one.
  • We love our players. That's why we issued false DMCA takedowns on YouTube to prevent potential customers from learning how bad The Last of Us Part II™ is.
  • We love our players. That's why we refused to allow crossplay. Nobody wants to play with Nintendo® users.
  • We love our players. That's why we close storefronts for legacy platforms.

Look, I took a random picture. I just works™.

Spoiler

img_056190k46.jpg

Yours truly

Jim Ryan

P.S. Fuck Shawn Layden. I'm so much cooler than him.

Edited by R4M Jolly Monk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

https://twitter.com/yosp

Only guy can help us is:
Shuhei Yoshida
We gonna mention him.

?

Mate - You don't promote someone to the position of President of a Division of your company, and then undercut them based on the requests of some random forum users who pester you on twitter.

Shuhei Yoshida isn't some lost Jedi saviour, or a deposed king hiding out in a cave, ready to slay the bad usurpers and take back his kingdom once he hears the call of the people.

He is the president of a multi-national company, and Jim Ryan will have his full backing.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.png

Mate - You don't promote someone to the position of President of a Division of your company, and then undercut them based on the requests of some random forum users who pester you on twitter.

Shuhei Yoshida isn't some lost Jedi saviour, or a deposed king hiding out in a cave, ready to slay the bad usurpers and take back his kingdom once he hears the call of the people.

He is the president of a multi-national company, and Jim Ryan will have his full backing.

Omg, it's true : (

• Like 1

Just now, Tiricy said:

Omg, it's true : (

I know.

I understand your frustration - believe me I do -  and I've seen your posts, I know you are well intentioned - but pushing against the tide, or tilting at windmills won't make a difference.

Times change, and all good things must come to an end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Look all I'm saying Is maybe you should start focusing on the things you do enjoy instead of always being overly negative and ranting about the things that you don't.

Triple a games not your thing? There's tons of indies out there you may enjoy. 

Don't like Sony or their new leadership? There's other platforms out there. 

Dont like a certain change made on your system of choice ? Get use to it, there's many more to come and you may not be a fan of all of em. 

For all your talk of indies, I don't think I've ever seen you shed light or speak of any indies you enjoyed... but I can find at least one million posts of you talking about how trash triple a games are or how Jim Ryan is supposedly tormenting you in your sleep at night.

Housemarque who has been collaborating with Sony for quite some time has been primarily focused on smaller scope games similar to what you'd see from indie devs and guess what? Despite being great games and a success among critics, those games sold poorly which is why they've shifted to bigger budget games. To be exact, they said "arcade is dead" and that's coming from their lips not Sony or any big corpo boss. 

he's probably bipolar. He's so back and forth. 

I dont know why he even stays here. Its PSNProfiles. Playstation. Sony. The same company he hates soooo much for taking his thousands of dollars worth of games from him. Like he's never lost money doing anything else. lol.

I don't love xbox or Nintendo but i do have a switch and will get a series x. eventually there will be a game thats exclusive. Do i wish it was on Playstation? sure. i guess. But end of the day im not losing sleep over not getting 10-15 trophies for a online leaderboard like its some lifelong dream. I game to enjoy it. I prefer Sony but i hold no major hate towards the others. Nintendo I wish would go 4K and change the joycons, but i mean it's still a good system...

But yeah anyways i definitely think arcade is dead. Beat em ups used to be a blast back in the day. Playing SoR4 i enjoyed it for a few mins, beat it but sometimes a basic beat em up is just that. Basic.

Housemarque moving onto Returnal has me interested. I'm getting it but it can really be super good or super bad. I don't think there's a middle ground on that one. I am excited about it though.

i feel the issue with anybody today, just due to the way society has become is that very few people are patient. They are very quick to assume and think they know what is happening. That they know how everything will turn out in the end. Like, be patient. Let everything play out. Give things time. 

Dont care about the Jim thing, just weighing in on the price increase.

Games are one of the few things that have stayed the same price ignoring inflation for over 10 years, a lot of companies give bonuses at the end of games launching, it costs more to develop games, with everything else in the world increasing with inflation but you want to cry over a $10 increase that was due 10 years ago? 

The way some people act like babies on here about such tiny amounts of money is insane. The increase goes to innovation for new IP, remakes, infrastructure, maintenance of servers for *years* after launch for some games, salaries and more.

If you can not afford a $10 increase then maybe you should rethink your current finances and put it towards something you actually need to keep surviving, not something you want just to play. 

~ my 2 cents ~

Edited by Ac3dUd3-
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

i also don't care about you.

Jeez, you need therapy.

18 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yea, good luck with that. 

You know what the problem is with this attitude? No one fucking works together. We cry and whine on the forums but nothing gets sent to them. Imagine if they got millions of people directly complaining to them on social media. This sarcastic post doesn’t help anyone for shit.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1