The ‘Skilled Huntress’ trophy is going to become more difficult

Currently you need 100 24+m downs with Huntress’ hatchets for the achievement. And while they still haven’t changed the amount needed (to 20 like Steam and Xbox) they are making some nerfs to her add-ons in the next Mid Chapter update. 

While Soldier’s Putte won’t do anything, the nerf to Iridescent Heads definitely will. The good ol’ carrying 3 Hatchets and being able to insta down are days of past, so assuming these changes get kept for the update then you’ll want to do it prior to it. 

HuntressAddon1.png
HuntressAddon2.png
while Soldier’s 
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

As much as I like this character (Huntress), I dread going for this trophy if I do 100%. Even the 125 bear traps feels like a chore for Amanda/Pig. With the maximum of 4 (5) per round (adds an extra one with Last Will).

Glad they learned after a couple years with making it like 30, 10, or 65 times. I hope they patch it to be fewer.

Edited by AquaNSky

1 hour ago, AquaNSky said:

As much as I like this character, I dread going for this trophy if I do 100%. Even the 125 bear traps feels like a chore for Amanda/Pig. With the maximum of 4 (5) per round (adds an extra one with Last Will).

Glad they learned after a couple years with making it like 30, 10, or 65 times. I hope they patch it to be fewer.

If it’s catching then that’s going to be a bit of a grind but if it’s placing then you can just place it, pick it up and place the trap again. If you play just for fun while keeping the trophies at the back of your mind, then this game is way more fun.

13 hours ago, AquaNSky said:

As much as I like this character, I dread going for this trophy if I do 100%. Even the 125 bear traps feels like a chore for Amanda/Pig. With the maximum of 4 (5) per round (adds an extra one with Last Will).

Patch? I'd bet lots of money AGAINST that. BHVR just don't give a shit what the community wants and will actively go against net-positive changes. I don't see them making trophies/achievements bullshit grinds again, but I don't think they'll ever rework trophies. For example, plenty of achievements on Steam have way higher requirements. (300 Michael stalks instead of 100, 100 Hex cleanses instead of 10, 1000 Sacrifices instead of 500, etc)

12 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

If it’s catching then that’s going to be a bit of a grind but if it’s placing then you can just place it, pick it up and place the trap again. If you play just for fun while keeping the trophies at the back of your mind, then this game is way more fun.

You misread what they said. They're referring to Pig's reverse bear traps, which is capped at 4/5 per match. Meaning 25 matches minimum for the trophy. They aren't talking about Trapper's traps. Also, for Trapper it's catching from the trap, not placing/having them walk into it.

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

You misread what they said. They're referring to Pig's reverse bear traps, which is capped at 4/5 per match. Meaning 25 matches minimum for the trophy. They aren't talking about Trapper's traps. Also, for Trapper it's catching from the trap, not placing/having them walk into it.

Hmm, yeah I understand that being annoying now. I really enjoyed playing the Pig so got it naturally, didn’t even pay attention to the trophy at all back in… 2018. But DBD has gone to shit now and is now a toxic mess so… not so fun anymore. ^-^

I finally got this trophy after a few years during the anniversary event just chucking axes at survivors at the exit gates from a far by a locker. The event made it so much easier due to people farming heals and bloodpoints. I recommend to start on this during events like that or during bloodpoint weekends. It makes it easier.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 4:15 PM, LoveInHell said:

Hmm, yeah I understand that being annoying now. I really enjoyed playing the Pig so got it naturally, didn’t even pay attention to the trophy at all back in… 2018. But DBD has gone to shit now and is now a toxic mess so… not so fun anymore. ^-^

I liked playing as the Pig, just it is restricted to matches as OMegaRejectz wrote. Unlike many other Killers ones that can be done as much one is able to. Huntress is the exception. I doubt one will get 1000 hatchets in a few matches. 

It also gets less fun the better I do. Going from 14 to 9 means many reds and purples while trying other Killers. :') 

• Like 1

On 04.08.2021 at 8:27 PM, Parexus said:

I finally got this trophy after a few years during the anniversary event just chucking axes at survivors at the exit gates from a far by a locker. The event made it so much easier due to people farming heals and bloodpoints. I recommend to start on this during events like that or during bloodpoint weekends. It makes it easier.

Yes, this is the easiest way to get this trophy. Just stand by the locker and throw hatchets, with a +1 hatchet addon. Survivors will see that you're not a real threat and start playing around with you, sometimes even taking hits on purpose. You can get around 5 24m downs on average every match, with a bit of luck. And aiming at the exit switch is definitely the best way to farm downs. So don't think that this trophy is hard.