What are you planning to buy from the PS3 store before it closes?

Jinxcendant-XIII

I would probably keep buying physical games after the store closes, especially games that have all the DLCs included in the disc. As of now, I only have bought the season pass for COD: Ghosts and 2 other games but those aren't digital only. 

Might buy the season pass for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and The Evil Within.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I missed out on the PS3 Era. Well, Technically I didn't, since I had one. Bought I only bought two types of games Dragonball Z and MLB The Show. So there's a bunch of interesting games I have yet to play.

So here's my list of games I've been wanting to play.

1. Lollipop Chainsaw (Physical)

2. Naughty Bear (Physical)

3. Deadly Premonition (Physical)

4. Silent Hill Homecoming and Downpour (Physical)

5. Family Guy Multiverse (Physical)

6. Yakuza Deadsouls (Digital)

7. Dead Space 1-3 (Digital)

8. Saint Row 2 (Digital)

9. Silent Hill HD Collection (Digital)

10. Fallout 3 and New Vegas (Digital)

11. Red Dead Redemption (Digital)

12. Max Payne 3 (Digital)

13. GTA 4 (Digital)

14. Ratchet & Clank Origin Collection (Digital)

15. God Of War Collection (Digital)

16. Metal Gear Solid Collection (Digital)

17. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Digital)

18. Infamous Collection (Digital)

19. Deus Ex Human Revolution (Digital)

20. Final Fantasy Xlll, Xlll-2, Lightning Returns (Digital)

21. Far Cry Classic, 2 (Digital)

The majority of these games can be played on PSNow. But let's be honest, the experience is going to suck with all the lag issues. So it's best to own the games.

Unfortunately, most of these games are costly to get physically. To make things worst, all the games are used and are in bad condition. So might as well get it in digital form, which is the best way to save some money. I'm going to wait until the end of June to buy these games. Hopefully, Sony can be kind enough to do a last-minute sale. 

Literally, Me After I buy all these games in July.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

The Bureau: Xcom Declassified DLC.

PS: I bought Dokuro from the Vita Store. I really want to get Yomawari Night Alone & The Firefly Diary, but $29.99 is too much. Had they said there weren't going to be more Vita/PS3 sales back in early 2019, I would've grabbed them when they were on sale.

Edited by Deceptrox

Primarily some of the rarer/more expensive games like a few of the Ratchet & Clank ones (The Collection, Deadlocked, Quest for Booty, Into the Nexus) and Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, plus some of the PlayStation Store exclusives I had been intending to get for a while at this point like Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Bomberman Ultra. There are a few DLC packs for other games but I'm primarily focusing on games I wouldn't be able to easily get after the closure.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 8:13 PM, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Sorry if there is already a thread on this but I couldn't find it, I'm planning to buy 

Bang bang racing

Bentley's hack pack

Buzz dino den

Buzz jungle party

Buzz robo jam

Critter crunch

Derrick the deathfin 

Ethan: meteor hunter 

Flock

Funky lab rat

Germinator

Joe danger

Joe danger 2

Ms germinator 

Nights: into dreams

Pac-man championship DX

Quantum conundrum

Ratchet & clank: gladiator 

Toybox turbos

The undergarden

Wakeboarding HD

Weird park: the final showdown

Zack zero

Best of arcade games Air hockey/brick breaker/bubble buster/tetraminos DLC's

Cuboid level editor pack (I assumed this was included with the booster pack as it wouldn't let me add it to the cart with the booster pack GRRR)

Quantum conundrum IKE-aramba & the desmond debacle DLC's

My recent purchases 

Aqua panic

Castle of illusion starring Micky Mouse

Digger HD

Do not fall

Snakeball 

Super rub a dub

Toy home

Voodoo chronicles: the first sign

Cuboid booster DLC pack 

Magic orbz winter & booster DLC packs

If i had the money to buy everything i want on the PS STORE for my PS3 the list would be something like this(NOTE: only DLC with trophies, not interested for now in any digital games or NON DLC trophies):

Aliens Colonial Marines "Stasis Interrupted"(1 DLC pack)

Batman Arkham Origins "Cold Cold Heart" + "Initiation"(2 DLC packs)

Drakengard 3 "Two's Chapter Bliss" + "Three's Chapter Play" + "Four's Chapter Frigidity" + "Five's Chapter Hunger" + "Zero's Chapter Fate"(5 DLC packs)

Dante's Inferno "Dark Forest" + "Trials of St. Lucia"(2 DLC packs)

Darkvoid "Survivor Missions"(1 DLC pack)

Dragon Age 2 "The Exiled Prince" + "Legacy" + "Mark of The Assassin"(3 DLC packs)

Dungeon Siege 3 "Treasures of The Sun"(1 DLC pack)

Mass Effect 2 "Arrival"(1 DLC pack)

Mass Effect 3 "Omega" + "Citadel" + "From Ashes" + "Leviathan"(4 DLC packs)

Painkiller-Hell & Damnation "Medieval Horror" + "The Clock Strikes Meat Night" + "Operation Zombie Bunker" + "Full Metal Rocket"(4 DLC packs)

Prince of Persia "Epilogue"(1 DLC pack)

Red Faction Armageddon(1 DLC pack)

Red Faction Guerrilla "Demon's of The Badlands"(1 DLC pack)

Risen 2 Dark Waters "Treasure Isle" + "The Air Temple"(2 DLC packs)

Sleeping Dogs "Nightmare in North Point" + "Year of The Snake"(2 DLC packs)

Two Worlds II "Pirates of The Flying Fortress"(2 DLC packs, avoid buying them on the US PS store, too much expensive there, instead look for them on EU PS stores)

The Last of Us "Left Behind"(1 DLC pack)

Warhammer 40.000 Space Marine(1 DLC pack)

if i didn't mention the name of a DLC is because i dont know 100% sure how it was written on the old PS store

• Like 1

I'm not looking to buy PS3/Vita games but I am considering a few DLCs for games I own.

I usually buy DLCs as I play the games (I got Dragon Age 2 DLCs just before the shutdown rumor came about).

Luckily I can squeeze in the games I need DLCs for before they shut down the store so I can easily make a decision on those if I want them or not.

They would cost me around $30, it's not like they'd be breaking the bank or anything.

This will be my next and final purchase on PS Store before I leave consoles for good. At this point in time there is no real reason to stick to consoles anymore. Both Sony and Nintendo are unreliable platform holders. Microsoft, however, has basically infinite money to keep things running and Steam exists since 2003. Sony's moronic decisions, the CMOS issues, the storefront closures plus several other things conviced me to switch to PC. My usual argument for sticking to consoles is that you can still buy games physically. Everyone can easily see that this won't be the case for much longer. And before I keep investing truckloads of money into ecosystems I barely trust anymore, I'll simply leave the sinking ship before I regret it.

psstorepreise_017wkzt.png

After 13 years on PSN and 31 years on consoles it's time to say adios.

Edited by R4M Jolly Monk
typo
  • Like 1

• Guacamelee Complete Edition.
  • Catherine 2x Stack.
  • Ratchet Deadlocked.
  • Ratchet and Clank Trilogy.
  • Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.
  • Jak and Daxter Trilogy.
  • Persona 4 Arena.
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Complete Edition.
  • Persona 4 Golden.
  • GTA San Andreas PS2 Classic.
  • GTA Vice City PS2 Classic.
  • GTA 3 PS2 Classic.
  • Devil May Cry Trilogy.
  • Sly Cooper Trilogy.
  • Sly Cooper Thieves in Time.
  • Prototype.
  • Prototype 2: James has no Chill.
  • Saints Row 3: Complete Edition.
  • Saints Row 4: Complete Edition.
  • Batman Arkham Asylum.
  • Batman Arkham City: Game of the Year Edition.
  • GTA IV: Complete Edition.
  • GTA V.
  • The Evil Within: Complete Edition.
  • The Walking Dead Season 1.
  • The Walking Dead Season 2.
  • Dead Space 1.
  • Dead Space 2.
  • Dead Space 3.
  • Dishonored: Complete Edition.
  • Silent Hill Trilogy.
  • Rayman Origins.
  • Lollipop Chainsaw.
Edited by Shiraishi Urara
  • Like 3

On 4/13/2021 at 8:18 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

If you didn't buy in in the last 10 years, is it really that important you do so now?

?

Many people did not start to buy all that long. When I started PS3 and Vita sales in Europe were a complete disgrace, specially compared to US ones in number of titles and prices. So like most I waited for a change for the better. We did got one... ?

On 4/13/2021 at 6:11 PM, starcrunch061 said:

I feel a bit of this, but also, I'm annoyed at the idea of rewarding Sony for bad behavior. Sony is closing the store, so...I'll buy more of their products? It seems perverse to me.

I'm EXTREMELY annoyed to buy anything in the store now. But I have money there and want to spend my balance at least.

There's the issue that developers have no guilt (or little one) on all this, and they are the ones that have been fucked big time, specially the Vita ones. Of course the fantastic Sony did the right thing and either issued vouchers for everyone to buy PS3 and Vita stuff with 30% discount (their share) while giving publishers their full money or even better announced publicly that all proceeds since the announcement of PS3 and Vita games would go to publishers.

But yes we know Sony is a fantastic company, and with great leadership, I keep reading this around here. They really help indie developers... They just can't avoid to leech more money out of the misery of others.

For the players...

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 2

Probably every Sly (Cooper) games, maybe a all Ratchet games ass well... but not sure If buying a disc would be a better decision ? Anyway, since I own an Xbox Series X, with its backwards compatibility I only need to buy some PS3 exclusives that I don’t own yet but only to legally play them on RPCS3 emulator xD Killzone 2 and 3 on RPCS3 in 1440p compared to the PS3 version of these same games is like talking about same game on two different generation of consoles :D

On 4/13/2021 at 10:02 AM, Slim Vanilla said:

Off the top of my head, here’s all the games I’ve got my sights on (as of post submission / last edit) because the physical version is very rare, the physical version is incomplete therefore DLC purchase is necessary or was never released outside of the digital market: 

PS3:

• Batman: A Telltale Series - Season Pass
  • The Wolf Among Us: A Telltale Series - Season Pass
  • The Walking Dead Michonne: A Telltale Miniseries
  • Ratchet & Clank HD (Vita version included. Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal I’ve played already as purchased on my since banned account, I don’t care for these on Vita. Ratchet: Deadlocked / Gladiator was also purchased but I’ve yet to start it along with the rest of my massive backlog.)
  • The Sly Cooper Trilogy HD (includes Vita versions, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves is my biggest focus as it’s no longer possible to obtain this game through physical purchase. Damn voucher codes.)
  • The Jak & Daxter Trilogy (vita versions included)
  • Far Cry Classic
  • Far Cry 3 - U-Play Passport / Network Pass (if any)
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Far Cry 4 - Valley Of The Yetis DLC (Also Network Pass, if any)
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Vietnam DLC
  • CounterStrike: Global Offensive (Digital Exclusive - North American region)

PS Vita:

• The Walking Dead: A Telltale Series - The Complete First Season
  • The Walking Dead Season Two: A Telltale Series - Season Pass
  • The Wolf Among Us: A Telltale Series - Season Pass
  • Minecraft PlayStation Vita Edition

Nice Plan

21 minutes ago, xh117 said:

Really want Alice madness returns and Ratchet HD collection, both are expensive for physical. Dead space 1 might be good to have too, wish they would just remaster it already.

You can get Dead Space way cheaper on disc.

• Like 1

I have bought a lot of the PSN games allready or I have got them through PlayStation Plus. If I would buy something more than it would be something exclusive from another region or something that's very expensive to buy online like the PS1 games. 

I saw Counterstrike (here and through out the forum) mentioned a couple of times. I wonder if people play it on PS3. I will have a look.

Priorities:
Castlevania:LOS DLC

Drakengard 3

Infamous festival of blood

Blast factor advanced

Stuff I want to get:

Farcry:Dragon blood

Jet set radio

sonic adventure

Proteus

killer is dead DLC

outland

rain

detuned 

linger in shadows

Should be a little over 100 quid I intend to start buying the wants at May if I can't get them than it what it is, but I hope I can.

Ratchet and Clank Gladiator - Only way to play the HD remaster is digital PS3.

Drakengard 3 Prologue Bundle - I can't see Drakengard 3 ever being re-released so this will be gone for good and it's story related.

Vagrant Story - Never managed to snag this in the past and it's cheap.

Chrono Cross - Same deal with Vagrant Story.

Persona 3 Portable and Persona 2 Innocent Sin - I have these on PSP but it would be nice to have them on Vita.

Lumines Supernova - Another exclusive although there are plenty of other Lumines games. I'm a Lumines/Mizuguchi fan though.

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - Just a PS2 game I never got around to picking up.

R4: Ridge Racer 4 - Never been a big fan of Ridge Racer but I've heard good things about this one.

Vib Ribbon - Physical copies are very expensive.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shiraishi Urara said:
  • Persona 4 Arena.

If you care about completion percentage, you might want to avoid Persona 4 Arena; it has a couple of extremely hard trophies. The entire P4A story is available as DLC in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Edited by yuber1234