Solo Sport Mode Lobbies At Night?

HamiTosh

Can somebody confirm getting put in solo sport mode lobbies at odd times? I m just tired of being first and then getting pushed out of the curve and end up loosing. The online trophies should ve just been limited to finishing 320 races not winning ahem getting lucky to not get hit and set inhuman lap times

I think I've seen a couple posts on other sites where people claim to be put in a lobby on their own, so it seems to be very, very rare.
In the chance you ever do end up in a lobby solo, the odds aren't likely enough for it to be done 91 times for the trophy.

From my experience of joining sport mode's lobbies at much later times, there's typically always at least half the lobby occupied, more or less. Usually there's always people who play the game religiously that you'll spot here and there. Gran Turismo games are quite populated until the servers get shut down like Gran Turismo 5 and 6. However, they should keep Sport up until at least 7 comes out, so you've got a year at minimum still, which is plenty of time.

As a good tip regarding being sent to the shadow realm and ending up losing like you mentioned; sometimes it's certainly possible to win if you start off in 3rd. There are times where the people in 2nd and 1st can be too busy competing against each other to focus on you, and that's a good chance to slip by. It doesn't always play out like this of course, but it's a good way to at least get a few wins, so always see a race through, even if you don't begin in 1st. Plus, it'll make the 322 races trophy less grindy in the long run.

Take a look at the other threads too, lots of people have given some great suggestions for how to maintain 1st place. Good luck! ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

I think I've seen a couple posts on other sites where people claim to be put in a lobby on their own, so it seems to be very, very rare.
In the chance you ever do end up in a lobby solo, the odds aren't likely enough for it to be done 91 times for the trophy.

From my experience of joining sport mode's lobbies at much later times, there's typically always at least half the lobby occupied, more or less. Usually there's always people who play the game religiously that you'll spot here and there. Gran Turismo games are quite populated until the servers get shut down like Gran Turismo 5 and 6. However, they should keep Sport up until at least 7 comes out, so you've got a year at minimum still, which is plenty of time.

As a good tip regarding being sent to the shadow realm and ending up losing like you mentioned; sometimes it's certainly possible to win if you start off in 3rd. There are times where the people in 2nd and 1st can be too busy competing against each other to focus on you, and that's a good chance to slip by. It doesn't always play out like this of course, but it's a good way to at least get a few wins, so always see a race through, even if you don't begin in 1st. Plus, it'll make the 322 races trophy less grindy in the long run.

Take a look at the other threads too, lots of people have given some great suggestions for how to maintain 1st place. Good luck! 1f60e.png

I purposely qualified in third and took advantage of first and second battling each other, even taking each other out in the process.  I won maybe half of my races that way.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 8:56 PM, HamiTosh said:

Can somebody confirm getting put in solo sport mode lobbies at odd times? I m just tired of being first and then getting pushed out of the curve and end up loosing. The online trophies should ve just been limited to finishing 320 races not winning ahem getting lucky to not get hit and set inhuman lap times

It can happen, but going after an odd solo lobby won't get you anywhere. Just learn how to drop your ratings, get a respectable time in a car/track combo you like more each week and start from pole. Yes, people can be annoying, but following this strategy you are looking to get those Sport Mode trophies in a month. I did. And I'm an average player, at best, and with a DS4.

And sorry for disagree, but those Sport mode trophies are the only thing that make this platinum somewhat harder and rewarding. I'm glad they are there because they make you earn it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am one of those guys playing this game religiously (as someone mentioned earlier) and I have never ever been in a Sport Mode lobby on my own, not even at 3 or 4 AM in the morning, in my EMEA region at least. Things might be different for other regions but in EMEA there are just so many countries and different timezones that there are never any problems with matchmaking. And even if by some miracle it was to happen and you got into your own lobby I have my doubts that the win would be counted towards the trophy. On GTPlanet there are reports by people who - after a collective disconnect - ended up alone in an FIA lobby and didn't earn any points at all when they "won" the race. This might very well also apply to whether the Sport Mode win is counted towards the trophy or not.

edit: Since I noticed that OP is in EMEA as well, here are all the countries in that region. Starting from the West it begins with Iceland and stretches as far East as India and Russia.

1. Matchmaking will now be separated into 5 Regions.

To allow for a better online experience when racing for players who are geographically located in very distant places, we will be changing the matchmaking regions of the 'Sport' mode from the current 3 Regions (Europe/Middle East/Africa, North/Central/South Americas, and Asia/Oceania) to 5.

The 5 Regions will be organised according to the following grouping:

Europe/Middle East/Africa
●UK ●Ireland ●Belgium ●Luxembourg ●Netherlands ●France ●Germany ●Austria ●Switzerland ●Italy ●Portugal ●Denmark ●Finland ●Norway ●Sweden ●Spain ●Russia ●UAE ●South Africa ●Poland ●Greece ●Saudi Arabia ●Czech Republic ●Turkey ●India ●Croatia ●Slovenia ●Kuwait ●Israel ●Ukraine ●Bulgaria ●Hungary ●Qatar ●Romania ●Bahrain ●Lebanon ●Oman ●Malta ●Cyprus ●Slovakia ●Iceland

(There are no changes to the matchmaking for the countries of this Region.)

North America
●United States ●Canada

Central/South America
●Mexico ●Brazil ●Chile ●Argentina ●Peru ●Colombia ●Panama ●Costa Rica ●Ecuador
●Guatemala ●El Salvador ●Paraguay ●Honduras ●Uruguay ●Bolivia ●Nicaragua

Asia
●Japan ●Hong Kong ●Taiwan ●Singapore ●Malaysia ●Korea ●Indonesia ●Thailand ●China

Oceania
●Australia ●New Zealand

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 1

It's impossible to win at night, because there is not enough players to fill the lobby, and there is a mix of all rank. And beat rank A when you're rank D is impossible. It's better to play when a lot of people is playing,

I am on my second week on this trophy, and I am already at near 30 victories, with some failures.

I'm in Australia and there were times (usually between 4am and 5am) when I raced in a lobby by myself. Both the win and pole position counted towards the trophy (all up they probably counted for about 5-7 of my total so it was quite rare). However if you are in a region with more time zones your chances of getting a solo lobby are probably a lot smaller.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 1:56 AM, HamiTosh said:

If you are good enough to be first often, then you will get your wins eventually. Taking advantage of something like this is just plain stupid to me. It is as low as abusing the rating system of the game and deranking to get easier wins in my opinion. Same as any kind of boosting, this isn't what I call rewarding, it's cheating.

I say don't give up, you'll get wins and you will be proud. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 8:28 PM, ness1216 said:

Anyone know if a vpn would work for this? 

No - you are placed in a lobby based on the nationality of your PSN account, regardless of where you actually are.

I generally play at odd times for my region (Australian account, but live in Canada). If I play mid afternoon on a Sunday, that is 3-5am Monday in most of the Asian player base (East coast Australia and Japan). I am yet to be in a lobby on my own - the smallest was 4 for a race A, but that is rare. 6-8 is most common in these off peak hours. 

• 5 months later...

I have tested this the past couple of weeks. I tried this morning at 5 AM in the North America region, and there was still a lobby of 7 players. It put me in the lobby with all elite S to S+ players in the top 50 leaderboard for the weekly track., even though I am only rank C. Perhaps the online will become more dead when Gran Turismo 7 is released next month on 3/4/2022. Many diehard Gran Turismo fans currently playing Sport will move on to Gran Turismo 7, making it easier to get a solo lobby in the middle of the night or early morning. 

• Like 2