Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TolmanianDevil

Trophies List Thoughts

138 posts in this topic

1000+ hrs platinum even with cross-progress.

Posted (edited)

For an MMO? It's perfect. Any other game it'd be an absolute nightmare.

Edit: They also got rid of the levequests trophy, which I haven't done but I've heard it artificially added to the platinum time cause of daily allowances.

Edited by topbooger
New info

Can I get Thropies with the Free PS 5 Version?

I'm interested to know what the big numbers mean for story trophies. Ultimate weapon has 0/3760. Lines of dialogue?

2 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Can I get Thropies with the Free PS 5 Version?

Based on the PS4 free trial? Probably not.

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, YZ-IX said:

I'm interested to know what the big numbers mean for story trophies. Ultimate weapon has 0/3760. Lines of dialogue?

Its peculiar as they don't have 0/5 for Bahamut for example, meaning you can just do the last turn in every raid for credit like the first time around with the first coil.

I like the thinking with lines of dialogue, but is too clean for me to think that's it (never an odd number, always a denomination of ten).  I was thinking the achievement points in the in game listing, as each story beat in question escalates (i.e. the Heavensward stories have higher numbers than 2.0) - and this would be the check to autopopulate trophies for the PS5 for characters balls deep into the game already.

Edited by TolmanianDevil

5 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

Its peculiar as they don't have 0/5 for Bahamut for example, meaning you can just do the last turn in every raid for credit like the first time around with the first coil.

I like the thinking with lines of dialogue, but is too clean for me to think that's it (never an odd number, always a denomination of ten).  I was thinking the achievement points in the in game listing, as each story beat in question escalates (i.e. the Heavensward stories have higher numbers than 2.0) - and this would be the check to autopopulate trophies for the PS5 for characters balls deep into the game already.

Nope, not that either, I checked. The achievement IDs are way lower than these. So I'm thinking it's internal quest IDs. Either way, very weird to add those as a counter since these will just trigger upon completing specific quests, not when completing a specific amount of quests. 

1 minute ago, Adilya said:

Nope, not that either, I checked. The achievement IDs are way lower than these. So I'm thinking it's internal quest IDs. Either way, very weird to add those as a counter since these will just trigger upon completing specific quests, not when completing a specific amount of quests. 

Interesting.  Kind of a spoiler as well if it literally does give it partial progress.  Part of the fun is not knowing how long the questing will take to meander.

2 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

Interesting.  Kind of a spoiler as well if it literally does give it partial progress.  Part of the fun is not knowing how long the questing will take to meander.

Agreed. But I don't see anything that would indicate that the count would work that way. Too far apart to be actual number of quests between one patch and the next, so internal quest IDs is the only logical thing I can think of, and you can't use that as a counter. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope they implemented the auto-pop properly at least or I'll be locked out of the platinum xD

Wow these trophy list looks awesome with some nice challenge, I see some savage trophies lol

Really nice list, even though I quit this game loong time ago. As a FF completionist I want to do this, but I'm not sure I will ever make it, with an adult life and it's all obligations.

Yikes, it looks grindier than FFXIV on PS4/PS3. Will the DLC be separate purchases or are they built into the PS5 release?

Posted (edited)

I’m unfamiliar with the Final Fantasy franchise, let alone MMO RPGs so I can’t really speak for this title but is this the first time any game is given a full platinum trophy list with not a single gold trophy in sight?

I’ve always convinced myself that there’s a rule for developers who choose to include a platinum trophy with their game(s) to offer at least 1 gold, which could explain why you don’t see any games with all bronze (1 plat, 70 bronze) or all silver (1 plat, 35 silver) or mixed, despite meeting the 1260-1350 points range (was 1140-1230 until October 2020). I have no information to confirm such a rule exists for the trophy system (which has been around since July 2nd, 2008) and I’ve never come across anyone who shares this idea but if it was a rule, Sony must’ve abandoned it upon the PS5’s release.

Already we’ve seen that trophy collections with tons of DLC can exceed 128 trophies (hello, DriveClub?) since Dead By Daylight PS5’s list went live and Tesla vs. Lovecraft’s PS5 base game list having well over 315 trophy points but no platinum. Now as of this list, we know it’s possible for games to have a platinum with no golds, just silvers and bronze. Not even the DLC lists have a gold trophy and I’m somewhat glad of this because too many easy games include about 8 or 11 golds, most above 90% PSNP rarity.

Edited by Slim Vanilla

Posted (edited)

This should be og FFXIV trophy list. Lack of dlc story trophies was idiotic as hell. It won't probably end here. After releasing new DLCs trophy list might get bigger. Savage raids will be tough as hell.

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982

18 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Yikes, it looks grindier than FFXIV on PS4/PS3. Will the DLC be separate purchases or are they built into the PS5 release?

I'm assuming the PS5 liscence is build upon your PS4 one. So unless you bought all expansions on another platform you ain't getting them for free now, I think. I can't imagine them giving away the game for free to everyone, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Endwalker will release in the summer and will bring a new DLC trophy list as far as I've read. Obviously you will have to purchase that expansion too.

31 minutes ago, chellesan said:

Wow these trophy list looks awesome with some nice challenge, I see some savage trophies lol

How hard are Savage Dungeons?

Posted (edited)

I think with good gear and doing them unsynced the ones from realm reborn and heavensward are not that hard, but the stormblood and schadowbringers can be a challenge 

Edited by chellesan

26 minutes ago, Morfea said:

How hard are Savage Dungeons?

They're raids, not dungeons - so you should compare them to raid content in other games. Old expansions are pretty easy since you can do them while level 80, though Stormblood will still require you to have a near-full party and people who know the fight. 

Shadowbringers is current and you'll need 7 other people who have studied the fight and are ready for hours of wiping learning the fight. Eden's Gate and Eden's Verse will be easier to go through as you'll be overgeared for it by now, but you'd still need to learn mechanics and most are not forgiving. The current one (Eden's Promise) will even require you to clear 1-3 before you can take on 4 since it hasn't been unlocked yet. 

Posted (edited)

As someone who got back in after the Endwalker annoucement, and not having played since around Heavensward, I have to say that this list is amazing.
I was hoping to get the PS3/4 list as Plat number 250 but after seeeing that the Levequest situation was never changed that kinda ruined any chances of that based on time alone. 

This revised list for PS5 seems much more doable and a lot more relevant. I'm just working my way through the 3.x content now so this is all just extra incentive for me.

Happy days 😁

Edited by sound_of_lies

3000 fates, 1000 is more than enough..

I think they are. Because the achievement system in the game hold your score of everything, so for fates or gathering if you have completed 8000 Allready in the game do one more for popping the trophy