Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tolmancer

Trophies List Thoughts

138 posts in this topic

Wondering how long this one will take. I think I've spent roughly 400 hours on FFXIV: A Realm Reborne platinum. I can easily see this list taking twice or three times as long. This might actually become the most time-consuming MMORPG platinum out there. 😀

1 minute ago, Floriiss said:

Wondering how long this one will take. I think I've spent roughly 400 hours on FFXIV: A Realm Reborne platinum. I can easily see this list taking twice or three times as long. This might actually become the most time-consuming MMORPG platinum out there. 😀

It'll take way longer than the PS4's platinum for sure haha. I don't know how long ESO takes in comparison to this, but I can see this taking over 1,000 hours easily to get the 100%. If ESO is shorter, then yeah, this is the longest MMORPG platinum as of date.

I've read that the trophies will have to be unlocked manually by doing their respective requirements, eg. completing a fate will unlock the 3,000 fate trophy assuming you surpassed the amount. 

21 minutes ago, Trini said:

I've read that the trophies will have to be unlocked manually by doing their respective requirements, eg. completing a fate will unlock the 3,000 fate trophy assuming you surpassed the amount. 

Exactly, it will auto pop or change to the correct % after you trigger it once. 

Holy spicy nuggets...

I hope trophies carry over from a PS4/PC version...I mean they probably do...but a confirmation statement from devs would be nice

10 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Holy spicy nuggets...

I hope trophies carry over from a PS4/PC version...I mean they probably do...but a confirmation statement from devs would be nice

They do, you just have to do one action towards the trophy, if you have the 1000 fates on ps4, several fate trophies will pop upon doing a single fate on ps5, if you have a level 80 on ps4, getting some xp will pop all the relevant trophies on ps5. Just done it myself, dont need confirmation from devs.

6 hours ago, TolmanianDevil said:

Holy hell.

This is an incredibly spicy list.

2,000 dungeons, 8,000 gathers, etc - this has taken the extreme in game achievements and made them manifest in a trophy list.  Complete all Savage turns, this list is literally everything there is in Eorzea.

My thoughts?  I love it.  Ultra Rare FFXIV trophy list incoming.

I wonder if story skip potions, level up potions will supply a smorgasbord of trophies for those starting afresh.

I don't think Yoshi-P would allow story skips for trophies. We'll see.

Also, you think this is spicy? You should check out the original FFXIV trophy list. It wasn't as spicy as it was stupidly boring and time-wasting. 1000 levequests, 100 guildhests, and crafting 1000 items in each crafting job which you can AFK with crafting cheap materials. Good riddance to bad rubbish and hello Expansion DLC trophies!

6 hours ago, topbooger said:

For an MMO? It's perfect. Any other game it'd be an absolute nightmare.

Edit: They also got rid of the levequests trophy, which I haven't done but I've heard it artificially added to the platinum time cause of daily allowances.

I am so glad the Adventure's Life trophy was not in the PS5 list. They removed the 1000 crafted items and 1000 gathering items trophies. Fishing 1000 fish was annoying long and made fishing less fun since it didn't count Ocean Fishing catches and I don't like to AFK trophies much. They also dropped the guildhest trophy as nobody does Guildhests anymore so it's hard to queue for them.

My new plan for getting the FFXIV Platinum: Sell my soul to the devil(j/k) to get a PS5 and spend $70 for the PS5 version. Then delete the PS4 version off of my PS4. xD

Of course, I will have to wait until a month passes after getting my PS5 so I can forget the cutscenes and start watching them again. I would feel dirty for skipping cutscenes in FFXIV. ;)

4 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

They might also release one for the Dragonsong War ultimate coming out. Who knows?

By that logic, all Ultimates will be trophies, which is not the case, GOOD! I don't think anyone bothers with Ultima's Bane. At least Thordain's Reign gave you a mount. 😞

Also, I am very glad that they did not alienate everyone from switching to PC mode for good by having trophies for completing Eureka or Bozja. I might dip into those for fun but having to complete the Baldesion Arsenal or Delibrium Regium Savage would be twisting the knife! Those are external content which only touches on the Garlean Empire, it doesn't need to be done to complete the story. Making you do it for trophies is worse than 1000 levequests. :P

3 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

It'll take way longer than the PS4's platinum for sure haha.

But at least that time is not wasted. I think that AFKing in an MMO is a cardinal sin, which is why I hate queue times. However, in queues you are at least multi-tasking, Going AFK to quick craft 1000 pieces of yarn or giving the same damn potion to Mimioa in Horizon to clear 1000 alchemy levequests is stuff I can do without. Also, since load times on PS5 FFXIV will be cut to two seconds, you don't have time to AFK. xD

Extremely excited to finally see the Xpacs getting trophies, it was very strange to me that the PS4 version didn't have them. 

Any quick method for FATE grinding? That was one of the few that I still needed on the PS4 version.

Also has anybody confirmed that the PS4 trophies pop as expected after you play the PS5 version?

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Alacrity_M said:

Extremely excited to finally see the Xpacs getting trophies, it was very strange to me that the PS4 version didn't have them. 

Any quick method for FATE grinding? That was one of the few that I still needed on the PS4 version.

Also has anybody confirmed that the PS4 trophies pop as expected after you play the PS5 version?

I was grinding in this area: Western La Noscea

There are very close Fates here, and they respawn very quickly.

Try these ones:

Breaching North Tidegate
Breaching South Tidegate
Gauging South Tidegate
Watch Your Tongue
Sharknado

Edited by factor747

Unless you are in one of the top statics you can be in, this trophy list, especially when it keeps being updated can take thousands of hours, savage raids can take at least 2-6 months progression to complete the current raid tier, and well, if they ever add the Ultimates, you are looking at approx a year unless you're willing to pay a grand or 2 (real money) to get carried.

8 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Unless you are in one of the top statics you can be in, this trophy list, especially when it keeps being updated can take thousands of hours, savage raids can take at least 2-6 months progression to complete the current raid tier, and well, if they ever add the Ultimates, you are looking at approx a year unless you're willing to pay a grand or 2 (real money) to get carried.

This is a bit of an exaggeration, it will take time, but not that much time. You can find groups that clear the content in a month or so. I've cleared two of the raid tiers within 2 weeks in the past (the first Eden raid was one of them).

That said, there's no reason to do the tier at launch either. If you come back an expansion later, you can unsync the content and beat it in a few min and skip all the mechanics. For reference you can enter the coil of bahamut and solo it with a level 80 War or PLD without issue. They also bake in the echo which gives you a 20% increase in damage and HP. The content gets easy over time.

While this may change with the stat shrink in Endwalker, The content will never be as hard as when it launched.

Now Ultimates are a different story, I've cleared Ucob and Tea and those were about 60 hrs of prog time with a dedicated group.

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

This is a bit of an exaggeration, it will take time, but not that much time. You can find groups that clear the content in a month or so. I've cleared two of the raid tiers within 2 weeks in the past (the first Eden raid was one of them).

That said, there's no reason to do the tier at launch either. If you come back an expansion later, you can unsync the content and beat it in a few min and skip all the mechanics. For reference you can enter the coil of bahamut and solo it with a level 80 War or PLD without issue. They also bake in the echo which gives you a 20% increase in damage and HP. The content gets easy over time.

While this may change with the stat shrink in Endwalker, The content will never be as hard as when it launched.

Now Ultimates are a different story, I've cleared Ucob and Tea and those were about 60 hrs of prog time with a dedicated group.

That's not actually the average though, average player base can take at least 2-6 months on a clear in a current Savage tier, I don't think what I said was an exaggeration at all. Many I know take this long, the only people I know who clear it within a week are usually people who take out holidays.

1 minute ago, DEMON said:

That's not actually the average though, average player base can take at least 2-6 months on a clear in a current Savage tier, I don't think what I said was an exaggeration at all. Many I know take this long, the only people I know who clear it within a week are usually people who take out holidays.

People can take more time, but even if it takes you 6 months (which is very very slow) at roughly 9 hrs a week (the typical raid group time) that still like 200 hrs for a current raid tier. I will admit I play at a higher level than average players, but it's only time consuming on a current tier, which again, people can wait for things like echo and unsync for past expansions. Should only take a few hrs to go through everything up to stormblood with the latest crafted set of gear ( maybe costs like 1 mil in gil at this point).

2 hours ago, faint-magician2 said:

My new plan for getting the FFXIV Platinum: Sell my soul to the devil(j/k) to get a PS5 and spend $70 for the PS5 version. Then delete the PS4 version off of my PS4. xD

Of course, I will have to wait until a month passes after getting my PS5 so I can forget the cutscenes and start watching them again. I would feel dirty for skipping cutscenes in FFXIV. ;)

You can play using you PS4 disk and upgrade that way :)

Holy sh**!  I was not expecting this...  This is awesome, but also like fu** my life!  I have already have had the platinum for PS3/4 for years now; but now I have to get the new trophies and all the other new ones... 

Excitement and anxiety at the same time 😬

1 minute ago, shadowTECnology said:

Holy sh**!  I was not expecting this...  This is awesome, but also like fu** my life!  I have already have had the platinum for PS3/4 for years now; but now I have to get the new trophies and all the other new ones... 

Excitement and anxiety at the same time 1f62c.png

All your past work is recognised though, so you get a good headstart!

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Even the older Ultimates like UCoB and UWU have become much easier once Shadowbringers came out due to the myriad of job changes like removal of damage penalty to tank stances, addition of DNC and GNB, etc. TEA also only has one difficult mechanic which is Wormhole Formation. You do that correctly you're golden. Perfect Alexander is just a race to the finish line since Fate Calibration alpha and beta are very simple as well. I think people tend to be scared of savages/ultimates for some weird reason. They're not that bad, of course unless you're doing world first blind prog. If you're a casual player you just need to really dip your toes into end game content. Start with EX, then the first Savage fight in a tier, then clear the tier, try ultimate, etc. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

If I didn't complete platinum on ps3/ps4 version, can I jump directly to the ps5 version and the remaining ps4 version trophies will pop as well? or what? Can anybody state this, please?

7 minutes ago, Yomako01 said:

All your past work is recognised though, so you get a good headstart!

No doubt.  I can't wait to log in when I am finished at work, lol.

5 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

i just resubbed and nothing auto popped or even when i switched to 80 crafting class not sure how to get trophies to pop

just craft anything on any class to get the level trophies. you can even craft on a level 1 char and the trophies will pop if you have another crafter at 80.
and for the normal class/jobs you just need to kill a mob.

6 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

If I have been playing on PC in Shadowbringers, but only own up to Stormblood on PlayStation, will I need to buy Shadowbringers on PlayStation to get those trophies to pop if I already met the requirements?

Otherwise, I'll probably just wait for the next X-Pac. not worth buying Shadowbringers at this point lol

yeah I also skipped shadowbringers on playstation and played it on pc.
You'll just get the ShB Story Trophies on PS5 if you complete any available quest in the game (basegame or any expansion).
Yup it's not worth buying the ShB Expansion for PS at this point, also just gonna wait for Endwalker and buy it directly for PC and PS.

9 minutes ago, Sykacz said:

If I didn't complete platinum on ps3/ps4 version, can I jump directly to the ps5 version and the remaining ps4 version trophies will pop as well? or what? Can anybody state this, please?

Huh? What exactly do you mean? Why should you get PS4 Trophies for playing a PS5 Version?
If you complete the requirements for the ps4 trophies on the ps5 version, you will need to install the ps4 version and complete the objectives one more time and you'll get the platinum on the ps4 version, yes.

15 minutes ago, Sykacz said:

You should be fine, it still recognises you as owning the game on PS4 via the mogstation, but you will have to do one of each thing you did to get those trophies to pop on PS4 and same for PS5 if you have any trophies unlocked for it.

While this looks to be a very comprehensive list, I won’t be attempting this one.  I’m satisfied with my vanilla platinum from a few years back.  This was the only game I played for a few years and put thousands of hours into, but I just don’t have time for MMO’s anymore.  I wish everyone who is attempting this the best of luck!

Lol I was doing the new nier raid and I was clicking a coffer in a quest and every story trophy until the end of schadowbringers popped