Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TolmanianDevil

Trophies List Thoughts

138 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

You can play using you PS4 disk and upgrade that way :)

I don't have a physical copy, I play digitally. But all in all, I should be good to go with the PS5 in two weeks if I get a positive on the order I placed on Facebook Marketplace... ;)

I have over 3500 dungeons done 1500 fates and close to all content the grind is nothing close to the atual SAVAGE raids. 

Does anyone know if simply entering the old raids is enough for the trophy to pop if we've done them in the past? I really don't want to redo Stormblood savage raids right now and it's unfair in a way because I have the damn achievement in game and the mounts.

1 minute ago, Bucknerd said:

Does anyone know if simply entering the old raids is enough for the trophy to pop if we've done them in the past? I really don't want to redo Stormblood savage raids right now and it's unfair in a way because I have the damn achievement in game and the mounts.

Nope, you gotta complete them again.  Really you only need to complete the end of each tier but you still gotta do em again.

Posted (edited)

Anybody come up with a really fast way to grind out crafting collectables? So far the fastest Ive found is to simply craft one of Zhloe's collectables since you can craft them with one button like Muscle Memory, plus you can just buy the materials you need in the Idyllshire vendor in the crafter/gatherer hub. It's still a bit annoying though that I have to delete all of them individually from my inventory lol 

Edited by PostGameBlues

This is something of a trophy list I always wished for playing throughout the years. Curious to see how near I'll be to that 100%. 

I'm sad that my account is linked to my old PSN though. I am tempted to start a new account just for these trophies. Though I guess new accounts can't play the beta yet? 

Posted (edited)

Is it possible to use a Keyboard+Mouse on PS5? I have most of these done from everything prior to the current expansion, but redoing the raids with a controller when I'm used to kb+m sounds absolute terrible lol.

Also, I think I'll always be one expansion behind on my trophies now, which sucks - but alas, i don't feel like spending $60 twice every time

Edited by Mauvus

Do I have to buy the game again to unlock trophies? Cause nothing is popping when I loaded the ps5 version.

1 minute ago, DocWong said:

Do I have to buy the game again to unlock trophies? Cause nothing is popping when I loaded the ps5 version.

I think you need to do the activities again, e.g. 1 fate to get the FATE trophy

3 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Anybody come up with a really fast way to grind out crafting collectables? So far the fastest Ive found is to simply craft one of Zhloe's collectables since you can craft them with one button like Muscle Memory, plus you can just buy the materials you need in the Idyllshire vendor in the crafter/gatherer hub. It's still a bit annoying though that I have to delete all of them individually from my inventory lol 

I'm in the same situation lol, but with Gathering collectibles. It's so annoying to delete 70 items at a time.

2 hours ago, Mauvus said:

Is it possible to use a Keyboard+Mouse on PS5? I have most of these done from everything prior to the current expansion, but redoing the raids with a controller when I'm used to kb+m sounds absolute terrible lol.

Also, I think I'll always be one expansion behind on my trophies now, which sucks - but alas, i don't feel like spending $60 twice every time

Yeah, you can use a Keyboard and Mouse just fine. 

4 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Maybe make full inventories of the level 50 yellow scrip collectables because those were updated a while back so you can spam one button to turn them in. With the higher level ones you would have to spend your scrips before being able to turn in more and you get capped fast.

Free trial now allows for getting trophies? the trophy list appears when entering as free trial.

The list is way better. It's all meaningful stuff to do now. The old ps4 had the levequest trophy which is such outdated content I did like 10 in 2k hours on pc. Plus it also gated the platinum to a certain amount of days played (to get enough leve currency).

3000 fates is fine, if you play the game you do them sometimes, even for events and such. So you're always progressing towards the goal.

I don't know why they put the final raid in the series for every expansion as a base game trophy. Seems weird and it will not happen in the next expansion, since they can't touch the base list anymore, but whatever.

Savage raids are tough but you can always do them 1-2 expansions down the line, I guess. So eventually you can get every trophy (aside from the savage raid for the very last expansion they will do lol)

Overall give me meaningful challenge over mindless grind which is also pointless in the game. Great list!

So can we assume that this monster trophy list won't be applied also to the PS4 version? I no longer have the time to spend every single day on a MMO like few years ago.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if this is a seperate beta client or if they will update this to a full version, dont really want to have 3 FF14 on my game list, saying ive played for all sorts of different amounts of times, but surely it wont be as you ca  get the trophies, but the stores wording sounds wierd, "once open beta ends, users will be able to switch over and play the PS5 version upon its release" this is in the description of the ps5 upgrade version in the store 🤔

Edit: think i found the answer to my auestion sk i thought id post it, its on the official website faq anout this open beta -

"The timing of the start of official service for the PlayStation®5 version will be determined based on the progress of the open beta test and will begin immediately upon conclusion of the test. All game data from the beta will be transferred to the full version of the game, and redownloading the PlayStation®5 version will not be necessary"

Edited by OnlyCass

21 hours ago, luxitu said:

old: 3gold,15silver,20bronze

new: 0gold,12silver,78bronze

only class leveling gives silver: This is one of the easiest part here in the game.

in compare with that each raid, collectables etc. must give already gold.... because you need already the level requirement from the trophies to do that1f602.png

also why the base game has dlc trophies, that makes really no sense:

i wonder if they thought about it decent

I think they did the right thing. A gift for regular players. And these trophies of expansions, in platinum list, are very easy nowadays. 

46 minutes ago, STK91 said:

The list is way better. It's all meaningful stuff to do now. The old ps4 had the levequest trophy which is such outdated content I did like 10 in 2k hours on pc. Plus it also gated the platinum to a certain amount of days played (to get enough leve currency).

3000 fates is fine, if you play the game you do them sometimes, even for events and such. So you're always progressing towards the goal.

I don't know why they put the final raid in the series for every expansion as a base game trophy. Seems weird and it will not happen in the next expansion, since they can't touch the base list anymore, but whatever.

Savage raids are tough but you can always do them 1-2 expansions down the line, I guess. So eventually you can get every trophy (aside from the savage raid for the very last expansion they will do lol)

Overall give me meaningful challenge over mindless grind which is also pointless in the game. Great list!

Normal raids are very easy. Savages ones that need effort (only Shadowbringer ones actually). Go to duty finder and gg. I think they added expansions trophies in base list because the content is old already (even shadowbringers have 2 years). But i undestand you based on the other games trophy lists.

15 minutes ago, regislc30 said:

Normal raids are very easy. Savages ones that need effort (only Shadowbringer ones actually). Go to duty finder and gg. I think they added expansions trophies in base list because the content is old already (even shadowbringers have 2 years). But i undestand you based on the other games trophy lists.

Yeah I was manly talking about the Eden savage trophies for the shadowbringer dlc. Those are the only hard trophies of the list really, the rest is quite easy.

I actually thought about it, and maybe the list is structured like this because they don't intend to update it, just like they did for the ps4 version (since they wouldn't even be able to put in any raid trophies at the expansion launch). So maybe the list stays like this forever and during endwalker you can easily clean up the eden savage raids for the 100% completion.

35 minutes ago, STK91 said:

Yeah I was manly talking about the Eden savage trophies for the shadowbringer dlc. Those are the only hard trophies of the list really, the rest is quite easy.

I actually thought about it, and maybe the list is structured like this because they don't intend to update it, just like they did for the ps4 version (since they wouldn't even be able to put in any raid trophies at the expansion launch). So maybe the list stays like this forever and during endwalker you can easily clean up the eden savage raids for the 100% completion.

They did mention that the PS5 brought some flexibility to trophy lists and they do intent to add more in the future. Not sure how that would work though, because as you said they can't put in raiding trophies at the start of the expansion when the content does not exist. We'd get a Warframe-like thing where they add 2-3 trophies with each patch or something.

23 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

Someone posted it in the other thread in the PS4 version. As soon as you enter a duty with a level 80 class, you will get all the DoW/DoM level 80 trophies. Craft once/gather once for the DoH/DoL ones.

You only need to earn some Grand Company seals for the Captain rank one.

My problem is i have captain rank in all 3 grand companies... and transfering did not pop it either

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, CalyxTDeuced said:

My problem is i have captain rank in all 3 grand companies... and transfering did not pop it either

Read again what he said :) You need to earn some seals, which you can do no matter your rank. Just make sure you're not at max capacity of your seals, so just buy something and then do a < lvl 50 FATE, a turn in or some PVP and it should pop!

Edited by Adilya

All of my crafting and gathering trophies are stuck at 0... any idea why? I did try crafting a few things as CRP and gathering a few things as BTN but no change. Is anyone else's trophy list tracking those successfully?

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, AFutureFoe said:

All of my crafting and gathering trophies are stuck at 0... any idea why? I did try crafting a few things as CRP and gathering a few things as BTN but no change. Is anyone else's trophy list tracking those successfully?

My gathering trophies don't unlock to, I now for sure I gathered more then 1000 Allready, i tried now with my miner, botanist and Fisher and they don't pop, they even stay at 0% like I never gathered something in my life. Crafting trophies don't pop to 

Edited by chellesan

After sleeping on it, I'm glad these trophies were added. I only had three more final fantasies (almost done with Dissidia, then was going to do World and Monster of the Deep) to complete the collection, so I was bummed with this big list - but honestly FFXIV is probably my favorite game of all time and I'm happy to have a reason to go back to it and play regularly.

As someone with less time to play than I used to have, I'm not too worried. The game is pretty casual friendly aside from the Savage raids, and those are easier with every expansion so you can clean up the list down the line.