Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tolmancer

Trophies List Thoughts

138 posts in this topic

On 13.04.2021 at 9:52 PM, YesImAPwnda said:

Huh? What exactly do you mean? Why should you get PS4 Trophies for playing a PS5 Version?
If you complete the requirements for the ps4 trophies on the ps5 version, you will need to install the ps4 version and complete the objectives one more time and you'll get the platinum on the ps4 version, yes.

This is the answer that I am looking for. If it's true.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After some thought I find one thing strange, but nothing to really care about. Why are all level trophies in the main game (Platinum), I mean you could only get to level 50 in the main game. So the level 60’s trophies should have been in HW and 70’s trophies in SB and the 80’s trophies in SK. It will be wierd if Endwalker comes with level 90 trophies as no other expanssion trophies were tied to levels. This also means you need to own all expansdions to get the platinum, as I assume you need SB and SK to even get to 70 and 80, even though you don’t need set your foot there and still get to 80, though very grindy.

 

As I said it’s nothing to be bothered about, but just happen to notice it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Morfea said:

After some thought I find one thing strange, but nothing to really care about. Why are all level trophies in the main game (Platinum), I mean you could only get to level 50 in the main game. So the level 60’s trophies should have been in HW and 70’s trophies in SB and the 80’s trophies in SK. It will be wierd if Endwalker comes with level 90 trophies as no other expanssion trophies were tied to levels. This also means you need to own all expansdions to get the platinum, as I assume you need SB and SK to even get to 70 and 80, even though you don’t need set your foot there and still get to 80, though very grindy.

 

As I said it’s nothing to be bothered about, but just happen to notice it.

I'm guessing they're taking the complete edition as the version for this list. I don't think you can even buy the base game anymore unless you happen to find a physical version somewhere. The starters edition has at least HW and the complete edition, which is on sale all the time to be the same price as the starters edition, has everything.

 

Also, they didn't just add the level trophies to the base list - it also contains the final quest of each expansion and all final raids. The base game is basically just finish everything up till where we're at right now. Each expansion gives you a few more trophies for the specific raids plus some higher difficulty content so the main game stays casual friendly. 

 

While I agree it's a bit weird you'd need expansions to platinum a game, it is an MMO that has been around for 10 years and it evolves, so this new trophy list is just evolving with it. Can't really compare an MMO to normal games. I'm glad they added it, I was so disappointed when HW came out and they never added more trophies. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Mauvus said:

I think you need to do the activities again, e.g. 1 fate to get the FATE trophy

What about Realm Reborn MSQ?

Edited by DocWong
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the list is almost perfect. Now it's listed as Final Fantasy XIV, allowing them to reflect current times, and allowing them to continue to add more trophies going forward as they formally mentioned in the PS Blog. The Shadowbringers list is one bronze trophy short of max points, probably to prevent spoilers, and they can simply add the last story trophy around patch 5.57.

 

It would have been cool if they added the Bozja raids, they probably knew as much as we do that battlefield content is rather time-limited. As getting BA done nowadays you'd have to hit up one of the discords. It'll be fun to see where they take the list going forward, could they add the Endwalker 6.1 Ultimate, or will it be just be level 90, story, alliance raid, and savage progression. Lots of opportunities now.

 

47 minutes ago, DocWong said:

What about Realm Reborn MSQ?

 

Can just complete any quest and everything you done previously will unlock to that point. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

7 minutes ago, technole said:

 It'll be fun to see where they take the list going forward, could they add the Endwalker 6.1 Ultimate, or will it be just be level 90, story, alliance raid, and savage progression. Lots of opportunities now.

I think going forward expansion trophies will contain patch story quest trophies, level up a dow/dom and dol/doh to max level of that expansion, complete all 3 24 man raids and finally, complete the final fights of 8 man raids both normal and savage. As much as I want them to include Ultimate trophies I think they dont want to include those since it might be too 'hardcore' for those who care about trophies. And right now my Ultimate static isn't really up to do all 3 of the Ultimates again given we already farmed all the weapon tokens from each of the fights already. So I'm bummed but not bummed at the same time lol. It just sucks the way trophies pop on FF14 between different platforms. I feel like they should have made it so that the game can check the in-game achievement list so that it can auto pop trophies. The trophies this time around are literally copy pastes of what's in the in-game achievement list so Idk why they didn't implement it that way.

Edited by PostGameBlues
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I feel like they should have made it so that the game can check the in-game achievement list so that it can auto pop trophies

That´s a bummer, im playing on PC and cleared Edens Verse (Savage) and i was half way through Edens Promise (Savage) before i stopped raiding for a while.

 

Was really hoping for an auto pop here, no way i can clear those fights with a controller.

I dont complain but it would have been really cool to play on PC and still get rewarded for your effort with some trophies. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingTom95 said:

That´s a bummer, im playing on PC and cleared Edens Verse (Savage) and i was half way through Edens Promise (Savage) before i stopped raiding for a while.

 

Was really hoping for an auto pop here, no way i can clear those fights with a controller.

I dont complain but it would have been really cool to play on PC and still get rewarded for your effort with some trophies. 

 

You can use keyboard/mouse on PS5. You can change control modes as I had to do this for E7S, though I used PC controls on a controller because of the teleport mechanic in the first phase of it, then switched back.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, DEMON said:

 

You can use keyboard/mouse on PS5. You can change control modes as I had to do this for E7S, though I used PC controls on a controller because of the teleport mechanic in the first phase of it, then switched back.

Didnt knew that, thanks for the info thats good to hear. 

 

Do you have to clear all four fights again or is it enough to only clear E8S in order to get Edens Verse trophy? 

Edited by KingTom95
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.4.2021 at 9:58 PM, Sykacz said:

This is the answer that I am looking for. If it's true.

This is 100% true, because it's the same if you play and do the requirements for a PS4 Trophy on PC.
I almost done everything on PC and switched back to PS4 to get the Trophies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have an idea about how to deal with the Grand Company trophy? I've been a captain forever but can't figure out to trigger the trophy. I hope I don't have to change companies and start over. Appreciate any help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-04-14 at 11:34 PM, Adilya said:

I'm guessing they're taking the complete edition as the version for this list. I don't think you can even buy the base game anymore unless you happen to find a physical version somewhere. The starters edition has at least HW and the complete edition, which is on sale all the time to be the same price as the starters edition, has everything.

 

Also, they didn't just add the level trophies to the base list - it also contains the final quest of each expansion and all final raids. The base game is basically just finish everything up till where we're at right now. Each expansion gives you a few more trophies for the specific raids plus some higher difficulty content so the main game stays casual friendly. 

 

While I agree it's a bit weird you'd need expansions to platinum a game, it is an MMO that has been around for 10 years and it evolves, so this new trophy list is just evolving with it. Can't really compare an MMO to normal games. I'm glad they added it, I was so disappointed when HW came out and they never added more trophies. 

 

While I agree that it was disappointing that HW came out without Trophies. I think that was the last drop that made me quit later, rather I had lost motivation and without trophies I had nothing to hold on to. Yeah you could most likly not but the main game somewhere anymore, but as you get a free upgrade to PS5, there might be players that quit even before HW, so they won't have anything more than the main game. I have been looking for a reason to jump back into FFXIV, because it's an awsome game, and as trophies didn't made me stick to the game, this time it will be the reason that I come back, hehe.

 

But the point I was making was actually that they have expanssion trophies as DLC and in main list, which I find funny. I think it would have been better if expanssions had been DLC's, but it's a detail that is irrelevant. It will be fun to try getting these now!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phoenix83 said:

Anyone have an idea about how to deal with the Grand Company trophy? I've been a captain forever but can't figure out to trigger the trophy. I hope I don't have to change companies and start over. Appreciate any help.


Did you try turn in a piece of gear as an Expert Delivery? Multiple people have gotten the trophy by earning some seals.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

Didnt knew that, thanks for the info thats good to hear. 

 

Do you have to clear all four fights again or is it enough to only clear E8S in order to get Edens Verse trophy? 

 

You just have to clear the end fights of each tier for the trophies to pop.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFXI for Xbox 360 had an NPC you could go talk to that would unlock achievements. I was hoping for something similar and even talked to the old achievement NPC. On the bright side, it has been fun to do a lot of this again and it feels like years and years of playing and ginding out fights has really paid off now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.04.2021 at 8:28 AM, YesImAPwnda said:

This is 100% true, because it's the same if you play and do the requirements for a PS4 Trophy on PC.
I almost done everything on PC and switched back to PS4 to get the Trophies.

Thank you :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

100% Achieved!

 

GYQaQj3.jpeg

 

This game is very dear to my heart as its my first MMO. In the past I was disappointed that Square Enix decided it wasn't worth it to add new trophies continuously throughout the game's life cycle. However, that didn't stop me from playing this game at all. In fact, my mountainous pile of backlog came about as a result of playing this game lol. SE changing their stance on the game's trophy support with the PS5 version is just the icing on the cake, on what is already a great game. I truly hope Square Enix sticks to their promise of continued trophy support and updates with each patch and expansion, but if not then oh well, I'll just keep playing like I do anyway lol.

 

P.S. No more collectable trophies in future expansions pls and ty. 

 

Good luck with the rest of you guys! 1f917.png

 

God damn dude, you're a monster with how fast you grinded out the 8,000 gathering collectibles lol, I'm losing my mind and I just hit 7,000 today 

 

Congratulations on being #1!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

 

God damn dude, you're a monster with how fast you grinded out the 8,000 gathering collectibles lol, I'm losing my mind and I just hit 7,000 today 

 

Congratulations on being #1!

Thanks, hang in there mate lol! I was gonna head straight to farm the last dragon on Diamond Wep Ex but my right thumb needs a rest from all that goddamn clicking. What helped to alleviate the tedium for me was actually watching shows and documentaries on Netflix. I gotta say, I've never been more interested in crime mysteries after this whole situation :P 

Edited by PostGameBlues
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Thanks, hang in there mate lol! I was gonna head straight to farm the last dragon on Diamond Wep Ex but my right thumb needs a rest from all that goddamn clicking. What helped to alleviate the tedium for me was actually watching shows and documentaries on Netflix. I gotta say, I've never been more interested in crime mysteries after this whole situation :P 

 

I feel you. It got to the point where I started watching theory videos about the Elder Scrolls series because of how tedious it was.

 

I still have a few dragons to go, but I don't think I will farm Diamond Weapon's until the drop rate is buffed because that is torture lol. Still, gonna probably do it a few more times with some friends/my static for fun though.

 

Really glad Diamond Weapon is a lot more fun than Emerald and Ruby, but playing 60/120 second jobs is painful as fuck in that fight lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

 

I feel you. It got to the point where I started watching theory videos about the Elder Scrolls series because of how tedious it was.

 

I still have a few dragons to go, but I don't think I will farm Diamond Weapon's until the drop rate is buffed because that is torture lol. Still, gonna probably do it a few more times with some friends/my static for fun though.

 

Really glad Diamond Weapon is a lot more fun than Emerald and Ruby, but playing 60/120 second jobs is painful as fuck in that fight lol.

Lol basically any jobs that provides buffs. I think even the widest buffs like BRD songs and WHM Temperance dont reach the other platform unless you're inside Diamond Wep's hitbox. It definitely is the best Weapon for me but the standard's not really that high with Emerald and Ruby being very easy checkpoint fights. What I like about Diamond Wep is that the mechanics feel refreshing and I'd actually want to see more of this 'dividing into separate light parties' mechanic in the future. The Nier raid on the other hand, although some fights had interesting mechanics, it's actually really puzzling how many of those mechanics are the usual either 'get in the center of boss' or 'get to the sides of boss'. I was like 'how many times are you gonna make players do this type of mechanic in this raid??' lol. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 6:49 AM, Griffon234 said:


Did you try turn in a piece of gear as an Expert Delivery? Multiple people have gotten the trophy by earning some seals.

 

Does it need to be multiple pieces of gear submitted to obtain it? I turned in two separate times and I haven't received it so far, unfortunately. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Trini said:

 

Does it need to be multiple pieces of gear submitted to obtain it? I turned in two separate times and I haven't received it so far, unfortunately. 

Are you capped on seals? If so it won't pop, you need to actually earn the seals. Buy something and try again.

If you aren't capped and it's still not popping.. dumb question but are you sure you're captain? :P The last GC stage requires you to do dungeons with your squadron which a lot of people never did. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adilya said:

Are you capped on seals? If so it won't pop, you need to actually earn the seals. Buy something and try again.

If you aren't capped and it's still not popping.. dumb question but are you sure you're captain? :PThe last GC stage requires you to do dungeons with your squadron which a lot of people never did. 

 

This might actually be the issue here haha. I appreciate the response 🙏

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Lol basically any jobs that provides buffs. I think even the widest buffs like BRD songs and WHM Temperance dont reach the other platform unless you're inside Diamond Wep's hitbox. It definitely is the best Weapon for me but the standard's not really that high with Emerald and Ruby being very easy checkpoint fights. What I like about Diamond Wep is that the mechanics feel refreshing and I'd actually want to see more of this 'dividing into separate light parties' mechanic in the future. The Nier raid on the other hand, although some fights had interesting mechanics, it's actually really puzzling how many of those mechanics are the usual either 'get in the center of boss' or 'get to the sides of boss'. I was like 'how many times are you gonna make players do this type of mechanic in this raid??' lol. 

 

Eh, it's less about the different platforms being an issue, rather than specific mechanics.. although our MNK told us to wait before jumping over after the second Ruby claw swipe for Brotherhood.

 

It's super annoying to hit everyone on the SAME platform even when he does the Emerald Weapon spread mechanic second with Embolden on RDM, and in the second part of the fight you have to hold at certain times because he jumps so frequently and it feels awful lol.

Edited by Griffon234
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.