Best fishing game? Best breeding game?

tonkie18

Hi guys

I was just looking for some recommendations. I enjoy fishing games but the ones I have tried in the past haven’t caught my attention for very long. I was wondering if there were any you’ve found good?

Also I used to love playing the Creatures series on my PC when I was younger. Is there anything similar to this? I enjoyed the breeding/genetic element of the game. Some people have recommended no mans sky/birthdays new beginning so I’ve bought those. Are there any others? 

Thanks!

Subnautica has a element of 'breeding' in it. You can build a sort of 'aquarium' and then collect eggs that hatch out when you put them in the 'aquarium'. It sounds like Plague Inc. would be your best bet though. You're trying to breed a perfect plague!! 

As for fishing, I have no idea. Sorry! 

Edit: Just noticed this was posted under PS5. Sorry! I think Plague inc. is PS4 only. 

Edited by JoesusHCrust
  • Like 1

Fishing Planet is the best. I recommend to buy the version (The Fisherman) with almost all dlc (retail here about 20.-).

Leveling up faster, no problems because enough ingame-currency.

You can try the free- to- play version first, but no comparison with better tackle and bigger fish later.

Edited by Babsimabuse
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Thanks for these guys I’ll go check them out. Think I’ll put them on my wishlist for when they’re on offer 263a.png

Fishing Planet is free to play, you don't need to wait for a deal. Though it does have in game purchases.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1449-CUSA06941_00-0000000000000000

Edited by BestUsername----

I was so excited for RDR2! Most of my gaming has been on GTA online, so thought I’d love it. But then I never really got into it. I certainly didn’t get far enough to enjoy the fishing part. Might have to give it another shot. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I was so excited for RDR2! Most of my gaming has been on GTA online, so thought I’d love it. But then I never really got into it. I certainly didn’t get far enough to enjoy the fishing part. Might have to give it another shot. 

It's a very slow game, and a bit over complicated but it has such a deep story and such a breadth of things you can do. I loved it, even if it was probably 50 hours longer than it needed to be! 

I bought Jurassic park evolution when it was on offer the other month. I was in the middle of Lego Jurassic park at the time and must admit I’d completely forgot about it! I’ll load that up later and give it a shot. My attention span is awful and really want something to bum/get chufties over again (you may have to be British to appreciate that language).

RDR2 I’ll definitely have to give it more time to get into. I didn’t give it a good enough go. My friends didn’t really want to play it and I found I was just wandering around aimlessly on a horse. It got old quick ?

Edited by tonkie18

8 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

RDR2 I’ll definitely have to give it more time to get into. I didn’t give it a good enough go. My friends didn’t really want to play it and I found I was just wandering around aimlessly on a horse. It got old quick ?

rdr2 is a slow burn, but totally worth it if you're into it. If you're going for the platinum, however, you must love the game to not go completely insane. but for me it was totally worth it because I love them game more than any other game.

38 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

rdr2 is a slow burn, but totally worth it if you're into it. If you're going for the platinum, however, you must love the game to not go completely insane. but for me it was totally worth it because I love them game more than any other game.

Ah I doubt I’d be good enough for the platinum on it. I haven’t even finished GTA and I put thousands of hours into that game ? I really must complete the story mode at some point. I will give RDR2 another go.. even just for the fishing! But now everyone is going to be really good and I’ll be killed over and over. Only thing that puts me off. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Far Cry 5 has pretty good fishing - and a trophy for it.  (It’s not the main focus of the game of course, sort of like RDR2 in that regard)

Ooh I have that one too and had no idea it had fishing in it! It’s hard to find time to game with the kids so I’ve been playing small games.. but may have to try the bigger ones now just for the fishing!

20 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Are you looking for games that has fishing in them or fishing sims? Rod fishing or boat fishing? I have played quite a few since that’s how I cover my addiction to fishing irl. Does it have to be PS4-5 or can it be PC as well?

I’ve never tried a fishing sim game. I was just looking for any fishing really. Something where you have to find different fish/certain weight would be good. Limited to PS4/5 at the minute as my laptop doesn’t run games very well. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

Just to add a sub-question to this topic, does anyone know of any VR fishing games? I feel like they’d be perfect for VR but I haven’t come across any. Cheers!

There is Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV, a fishing spin off from the main game. As you can imagine, it's not the most realist thing, but oh well.

Off-topic, sorry, but I was just surprised and curious to see/meet the audience for all those fishing/hunting games I scroll through on PSN/Steam sales and could never figure out who buys/plays them ?

On-topic, another vote for Jurassic park, even though it is much more 'straightforward' to play on PC.