Stormy Ascent Disappointingly Easy....Venting

GodKaio-Ken

I thought this level was going to be hard but it turned out ridiculously easy to complete the gold time trial and all crates.

I thought at least the relic would be difficult, but although the platforms look intimidating they are really really easy to time. 

After playing each section of the level once it was so damn easy to not die in that section, and 4:30 is enough time to sit around and wait if platforms aren't the way you want. 

I would rank this as probably the 5th or 6th most difficult level in the game at best and that REALLY disappointed me because I wanted a final challenge. 

Anyone else think this level is way overhyped. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken
Typo
  • Like 3

Well he just said his opinion on the level and he wants to know ours, no need to assault him ?

By the way, I partially agree. The level itself is difficult, there is a reason why it was removed the original Ps1 game, but I think that the Gold Relic time is not so difficult: however, the Platinum is. After giving up on the Platinum Relic after 12 hours of trying, I instantly got Gold first try, as he said the time is really forgiving and if you wait for the platforms to align the time is definitely doable.

• Like 4

yes, it is not difficult. I remember getting it at launch with about two hours of memorization, there are worse and harder ones in the base game.

1 hour ago, ZJW44 said:

This guy is just a god like his name suggests. I mean it only took him almost 4 years to get all the trophies in the first crash. 

this is a bad argument, having that total time does not necessarily mean it was difficult for him lol, some people play several things at the same time, in fact few people care about this site total counter

30 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

this is a bad argument, having that total time does not necessarily mean it was difficult for him lol, some people play several things at the same time, in fact few people care about this site total counter

Not to mention that the reason why it took him so long is that he he had a three years long break after beating Papu Papu, which is really easy, and then he did everything else in just one week ? But unfortunately some people just want to have discussions and act tough, instead of having a peaceful talk and opinions exchange

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Not to mention that the reason why it took him so long is that he he had a three years long break after beating Papu Papu, which is really easy, and then he did everything else in just one week 1f602.png But unfortunately some people just want to have discussions and act tough, instead of having a peaceful talk and opinions exchange

this is one of the reasons why I stopped being active in forums in general and now I only use it casually

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yes, how dare he actually look at information before commenting.

I, for one, am outraged. Outraged!!

I think this site is the supreme, the absolute, the indisputable authenticator of their own leaderboard...:hmm:

Who else would be?:dunno:

I'm a 'high level person' I have an extra-special badge to say so. (I made it on MS Paint and printed it out in colour and had it laminated and everything!) :) 

If your caste system is the issue, I can help - if you want, you can justify to me, and I'll let @ZJW44 know?

I don't mind speaking with 'low level people'.

What?

:huh:

1f602.png

When people make a legitimate report, they don't then tell the person in their post, because if they know the report is legit, they also know their own post will be getting removed along with the offending one.

When people make a report they know is not legitimate, and is just a waste of the Mods' time, then they put an empty little 'threat' in their post for everyone to see - Like a lazy parent who can't be bothered to actually engage with their child, holding a phone to thier ear, telling them "I'm phoning the police.... it's ringing... it's ringing..." hoping the kid does what they want before their bluff is called.

Lol, you managed to be more dramatic than me, how much effort and elaboration. no more drama, send me a pm if you want to proceed with this. I will not respond individually to avoid overcrowding the thread with bullshit.

Edit: really, the amount of effort and time it took you to type in this amount of nonsense, plus the fact that you even mentioned the other guy to "put wood on the fire", lmao, I refuse to believe that a guy your age appreciates that amount of drama. let's talk privately, it will be interesting to see if you are brave like that without an audience to watch your show. Pm me ?

Edited by kevao97

17 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Lol, you managed to be more dramatic than me, how much effort and elaboration. no more drama, send me a pm if you want to proceed with this. I will not respond individually to avoid overcrowding the thread with bullshit.

Edit: really, the amount of effort and time it took you to type in this amount of nonsense, plus the fact that you even mentioned the other guy to "put wood on the fire", lmao, I refuse to believe that a guy your age appreciates that amount of drama. let's talk privately, it will be interesting to see if you are brave like that without an audience to watch your show. Pm me 1f638.png

I'm not sure you know what 'drama' means ?

Not sure what was 'brave' about my response, but PM if you want I guess :dunno: - Feel like I've said my piece, and I don't say things privately that I wouldn't be comfortable saying publicly anyways, but if you want to chat, no problem

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm not sure you know what 'drama' means 1f602.png

Not sure what was 'brave' about my response, but PM if you want I guess :dunno: - Feel like I've said my piece, and I don't say things privately that I wouldn't be comfortable saying publicly anyways, but if you want to chat, no problem

He attacked an aspect of my profile that was not relevant to the conversation, and attacked it unnecessarily because at no time did I embarrass his person. He didn't attack my argument, he was shallow and dirty in his response. It was not particularly smart on your part to defend that.

"Drama" for me consists of rekindling a controversial conversation like the one that happened, pointing things out and encouraging me to respond, using irony and baseness. The "pm me" part is because talking privately there would be no fun at this show that you like to cause ?

23 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

He attacked an aspect of my profile that was not relevant to the conversation, and attacked it unnecessarily because at no time did I embarrass his person. He didn't attack my argument, he was shallow and dirty in his response.

That part is fair I suppose - though you were in a disagreement - and looking at a person's profile to see where they are coming from is pretty much fair game in such situations IMO.

Certainly I will do that. It's not a hunt for 'attack fodder' - just to get an understanding of what background they are bringing to the table.

If 'attack fodder' is found, that is by-the-by.

23 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

"Drama" for me consists of rekindling a controversial conversation like the one that happened, pointing things out and encouraging me to respond, using irony and baseness. The "pm me" part is because talking privately there would be no fun at this show that you like to cause 1f642.png

"Drama" may be that definition for you, but if you are going to use your own dictionary, rather than the one everyone else uses, you really need to let people know which word's you have custom definitions for, so we are all on board and understand. 

As far as using irony to make my point goes - I'm Scottish. It's virtually impossible for me to communicate unironically. ?

TBH mate, the only thing in your original response that really stuck out to me - and made me want to respond - was this:

2 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Edit: reported for harassment and inappropriate behavior

... I think using the report function to report stuff you know is not a reportable offence is gauche - and publicly stating you are doing so is even more so.

The report function should be used for real infractions, and using it for minor little annoyances cheapens it.

I might be particularly sensitive to this - I was pretty livid recently when a post making fun of the disabled children of some site users resulted in nothing more than post's removal and no repercussions to the person posting it - and I can't help but feel like people using the function erroneously has dulled the importance of it to the extent that situations like that one are the result.

Maybe that's got me more wound up than it should have - but it did ?

You just caught the fallout of that ? - so for that, I apologise

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That part is fair I suppose - though you were in a disagreement - and looking at a person's profile to see where they are coming from is pretty much fair game in such situations IMO.

Certainly I will do that. It's not a hunt for 'attack fodder' - just to get an understanding of what background they are bringing to the table.

If 'attack fodder' is found, that is by-the-by.

"Drama" may be that definition for you, but if you are going to use your own dictionary, rather than the one everyone else uses, you really need to let people know which word's you have custom definitions for, so we are all on board and understand. 

As far as using irony to make my point goes - I'm Scottish. It's virtually impossible for me to communicate unironically1f602.png

TBH mate, the only thing in your original response that really stuck out to me - and made me want to respond - was this:

... I think using the report function to report stuff you know is not a reportable offence is gauche - and publicly stating you are doing so is even more so.

The report function should be used for real infractions, and using it for minor little annoyances cheapens it.

I might be particularly sensitive to this - I was pretty livid recently when a post making fun of the disabled children of some site users resulted in nothing more than post's removal and no repercussions to the person posting it - and I can't help but feel like people using the function erroneously has dulled the importance of it to the extent that situations like that one are the result.

Maybe that's got me more wound up than it should have - but it did 1f602.png

You just caught the fallout of that 1f602.png - so for that, I apologise

strongly disagree. if you need to check a person's profile to argue (when there's no need for data or something) it's because you can't come up with an honest answer. you don't need to attack who I am, but what I said. I do not need to enter your profile to bring up a fact that is out of context. most likely forum users in general like to discuss and be correct 100% of the time, a boost to the ego, I understand that. about drama, at least in my country and in my dictionary the definition is correct, I don't know if there is a change in other languages or in the culture of the internet a different meaning. I genuinely reported it because in my mind the user's action can fit in with harassment and exposure to a specific user (there is this rule). but maybe I'm a little snowflake, right? well, my goal of keeping the thread without off topic has not been accomplished, unfortunate.

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

strongly disagree. if you need to check a person's profile to argue (when there's no need for data or something) it's because you can't come up with an honest answer. you don't need to attack who I am, but what I said. I do not need to enter your profile to bring up a fact that is out of context. most likely forum users in general like to discuss and be correct 100% of the time, a boost to the ego, I understand that. about drama, at least in my country and in my dictionary the definition is correct, I don't know if there is a change in other languages or in the culture of the internet a different meaning. I genuinely reported it because in my mind the user's action can fit in with harassment and exposure to a specific user (there is this rule). but maybe I'm a little snowflake, right? well, my goal of keeping the thread without off topic has not been accomplished, unfortunate.

Fair enough - I can't agree that I think it would amount to harassment, but if you really believed it, then you were right to do it, I guess. :dunno:

I've never used the term 'Snowflake' in my life, and I certainly won't be starting now! ?

I wouldn't worry about pulling this thread off-topic - it's nothing but a painfully obvious dick-swinging humble-brag - us having a genuine conversation about anything is of more value than keeping this one 'on-topic' ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peneuvista said:

You spend six hours between both related trophies... The time is not a problem, but is hard to survive till the end. It took, I dont know, a week, playing an hour per day to "master" it. If you think it is easy... fine.

The time doesn't reflect play time, if you notice i did the clear gem at around 10 AM but I didn't play through doing the relic after that lol

I ate lunch, smoked weed, did my day, came back around 3:15 or so and did some runs. 

The point of the thread isn't a flex. Some of you (not dude im quoting) are ridiculous. I just wanted to discuss why the level is so hyped up when its not that hard. 

The High Road literally took me like 12 hours. That level was frustrating. If I wanted to flex something I wouldn't admit that. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken
  • Like 3