PS5 April Update brings new storage options and social features

Ghost

8 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Cool that we finally can have only screenshots or videos of just platinum trophies. 

I'll probably will use this. It seems I just about share every single trophy video to my twitter. It would make more sense just to share the good ones.

21 minutes ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

Still waiting for themes support, USB backup for PS5 saves and VRR support. I hope they patch them in soon.

Honestly, I don't really want theme support as I like the individual games having their own full-page screen. But each to their own, it would be nice to have the option for those who want it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, happyman778 said:

Honestly, I don't really want theme support as I like the individual games having their own full-page screen. But each to their own, it would be nice to have the option for those who want it.  

Yeah I just want the option as to not having it at all. There's so many themes I earned through pre-orders, platinum rewards and paying for them separately all of them are redundant right now.

I like that:

1) I will be able to remove all the games from my library I no longer own.

2) I’ll be able to see trophy stats, including how close I am to next level,

3) We have the wishlist back on the app to quickly check if games I’m interested in are on sale.

The rest will be useful to others I’m sure.

things I’d like next are support for 3D blu rays through PSVR; removing the horizontal trophy listing and, well, can’t think of anything else really. Maybe being able to add screenshots from certain games as themes for those games (keeping the image on a per game basis, but being able to customise). I really liked taking my own game screenshots and setting as my theme on PS4.

Adding VRR would be good too, mainly so people shut up about it (and for when I may upgrade my TV in 5 years or so).

Edited by thefourfoldroot

8 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

The most important feature is the saves transfer on a USB device, how long until they realize that's what we want in priority. If you play offline or don't pay the PS+ subscription, you can potentially lose everything if the console has to go the AS.

You can still backup the console - which backs up all games and saves. Then restore later, and it puts them all back. The only reason people would want individual saves backed up to USB is so they can abuse the games and obtain trophies easier - or if they wanted to take them to a friends house, for some reason.

• Like 1