Matchmaking server issues/Hero Academy trophy

Does anyone have similar issues where they cannot find a ranked online game no matter what they do?

I understand that the online is pretty much dead but that the servers are still active and people are still playing the game.

Whenever I join the matchmaking server it shows zero current games for all game modes (the display in the bottom right) and whenever I try to join a game it says "Creating game" instead.

I can see people playing on the in-game daily leaderboards and also for the recent earners on this site.

I joined a boosting session with another player who was in Europe like myself and we couldn't find each other. They could find other players but not me.

I've also left my console on for around 5-6 hours in a 1v1 lobby with the "Ready" message on and still had no luck.

My NAT type is strict/type 2 if that makes any difference.

It's worth a shot that someone has had similar issues and might know of an easy fix.

Thanks

For what it's worth the list of active online players is very small. There's only one trophy that requires a second human player and only requires one ranked match (win or lose).

The most grindy ones are the weapon levels (campaign) and the distances traveled.

I can confirm that with an invite-a-friend (or just any PSN ID) you can play with both PS3 and PS Now players. At least those player bases aren't split up! The invitation may not arrive in a message (PS3 to PS Now), but should be listed if you check for invite in-game (as PS Now player).

As to why you weren't able to find your boosting buddy I don't know. Yesterday I was able to find mine pretty fast.

• Like 1