Finish the Game on ... Without Changing the Difficulty

Does this mean I can't drop my difficulty and collect the lower difficulty trophies? I'm halfway through my first playthrough on Crushing and honestly I'm getting frustrated. At this point I'd rather drop my difficulty to hard and just enjoy the rest of the game, but obviously, this is a difficulty change. Will I still pop the hard trophy if I complete the game? Or do I void all difficulty-related trophies if I change the difficulty at all -- even from higher to lower?

This is why it's best to do 2 playthroughs.. a lower difficulty first to get all the collectables and enjoy the game.. then a crushing run just to get through that.

And yes.. this means you cant drop it lower.. you'll negate that trophy and have to do another Crushing playthrough anyway

Edited by Mr-Photo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing the game on normal difficulty, but dropped it to easy part way through. I still earned the trophy for easy difficulty even though it says 'without changing the difficulty'. I can't speak for whether it will be the same from changing from crushing to hard.

• Like 1

Changing to an easier difficult will automatically lock the trophy original difficult you started.

Regardless, these are the type of games that are much more enjoyable if you make 2 playthroughts, one to enjoy the game while getting trophies, and one for Crushing plus treasures, if there is anything you missed you can jump to chapter select and finish whatever you have left.

Edited by Ninjise

On 14/4/2021 at 0:42 AM, droppingtherock said:

Does this mean I can't drop my difficulty and collect the lower difficulty trophies? I'm halfway through my first playthrough on Crushing and honestly I'm getting frustrated. At this point I'd rather drop my difficulty to hard and just enjoy the rest of the game, but obviously, this is a difficulty change. Will I still pop the hard trophy if I complete the game? Or do I void all difficulty-related trophies if I change the difficulty at all -- even from higher to lower?

If you lower the Crushing difficulty to Hard you will still obtain all the trophies of the other difficulties (Easy, Normal and Hard). Fortunately the game should count all the chapters you have completed on Crushing, thus on the second playthrough you can complete all the chapters on Crushing difficulty left, though I'm not 100% sure about this. 

Tip for the Crushing difficulty: DO NOT cover when you're standing, aim from behind the wall and position yourself leaving only Drake's arm and gun exposed. 

• Like 1