KoDaX12

How tough it actually is?

25 posts in this topic

So is that really that hard as people say? I've got 100% in nfs 2015, prestige on gold took me about 80h. What's more challenging, prestige in nfs or trackmania? 

This game was so brutal for me, convinced me to stay away from racers. Then again I've never been that good at racers, I'm just bad I guess.

I can't unlock the last 40 laps, the black series. It requires a gold medal in the first 160, or at least 3 silvers in a row to get the joker that gives you a "gold" medal. I've done them all but #130, I can't even get silver on that one. I tried so many times, but I've given up now. To think the last 40 are even harder. Just crazy

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, GregHouse007 said:

This game was so brutal for me, convinced me to stay away from racers. Then again I've never been that good at racers, I'm just bad I guess.

I can't unlock the last 40 laps, the black series. It requires a gold medal in the first 160, or at least 3 silvers in a row to get the joker that gives you a "gold" medal. I've done them all but #130, I can't even get silver on that one. I tried so many times, but I've given up now. To think the last 40 are even harder. Just crazy

That track was one of the hardest in the game for me. Definitely took quite a few hours to get that done. It's one of the first that came out of nowhere. The main thing on that one is to not hit the walls at the end of the lap. The gold usually overtook me quite a lot there. That track was one gold I still remember. That's still pretty good getting that far.

Edited by Destructor-8

5 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I would say NFS Prestige is harder than Trackmania as it requires much more skill so you'll get it done. Going into the game I was wondering what it would be like & how hard I'd find it. It definitely gets pretty hard but if you have done NFS Prestige then you'll get through quite a bit of Trackmania quite quickly. The first golds that took quite a bit of time was #125 & #130 in the red series. For black series it's #180 & #190. It's more down to patience & persistence plus you get more of a feeling that you are getting closer to the gold. Just keep at it & the gold will come. I've done most of the hardest arcade racers & you've done the absolute hardest of the arcade racers possible. Let me know if you need to know anything. I've got videos up for these.

I see you've also played Dirt Rally 2.0 so you probably know how hard Flatout is as well. I'm hoping to do Dirt Rally 2.0 eventually & Flatout will be even harder when I try it.

Alright cool, now you've really encouraged me to give it another try

I'm wondering if it's more difficult that the Venom Hot Laps in DriveClub.

3 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Yeah it's a lot harder. Driveclub isnt anywhere close tbh.

6 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

I wish I could finish tracks as fast as I did the Venom Hot Laps, spending only one or two hours on a black track might happen but more often than not it will be more. The longest I spent so far was around 5 hours on the hardest red track and 9 hours on #169.

Posted (edited)

I personally found this game very difficult. For me it’s the second hardest game I’ve completed. But I don’t really play racing games and I am not particularly good at them.

17 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

The longest I spent so far was around 5 hours on the hardest red track and 9 hours on #169.

Good luck.

#186 took me 16 hours 😭. And a couple of other tracks like #175 & #180 took 10+ hours too...

Edited by Baker

42 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

42 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

R.I.P my plat ambitions for this one then lol. I'll probably do a 33% minimal and leave it at that.

It’s hard for sure and you will struggle with the black tracks with the sheer volume of difficult tracks. I can’t compare it to NFS prestige since I haven’t done them but sounds like Trackmania is easier.

With your experience in racing games I don’t think any track will take you too long but the game does have many tracks, so it’s going to take a while. 

If you can do NFS you will manage Trackmania with enough practice plus it’s a fun game, so knock yourself out. 

Posted (edited)

As someone who did the plat fairly recently after having it on hiatus since a few months after its release, i can say that once you reach the black tracks the difficulty curve goes up alot. However it's more so the difficulty of the track and not so much of the gold ghosts. In the end you definitely don't need to perfect every track and depending on your run you can even crash/retry and still finish ahead of gold.

Also from the black tracks canyon & Valley are definitely the hardest regions so your final 20 tracks should be fairly easy in comparison.

Some random things that helped me were to have a few different ghost data from friends. You can check their racing line and mimic it. Another thing is to definitely split the track into segments for yourself. A lot of the tracks are more technical rather than full speed. There will be parts that you can do flawlessly and you can use the excess time here to take a more difficult part of the track more slowly, to be sure you don't mess it up. Getting consistent 'okay' runs is better than one perfect run.

Also don't bother to look up world records. Most of the strategies used are just not viable for the average player.

Edited by xZoneHunter

10 hours ago, KoDaX12 said:

So is that really that hard as people say? I've got 100% in nfs 2015, prestige on gold took me about 80h. What's more challenging, prestige in nfs or trackmania? 

I'm currently at track 179 and it's very difficult but I think the tracks which took me the longest were 125 and 130 (about two hours each) I got the platinum on 2 nfs games and I regularly play f12020 so I can confirm that the experience on racing games helps a lot because TrackMania it's not that hard for me.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, KoDaX12 said:

Alright cool, now you've really encouraged me to give it another try

I know quite a lot of the people on this site who have finished all of the toughest racing games. I've always said that as long as you can do #125 & #130, you are definitely able to do the game. Each track in the red series I was getting through on an average of about 20mins & black series was about an average of an hour. I found Canyon to be easier than I expected but Lagoon a lot harder than it. I've had multiple friends find Canyon a lot harder than me so it's down to preference. As soon as you finish Lagoon, it is over. I spent the longest on #180 as I was about to do it within an hour but on the final corner I hit the gas too early whilst I wasn't lined up properly & I fell off. I spent a lot longer on it even after getting past the double bridge jump (the hardest part of the game) about 25 to 30 times. At that point it's just about not making a mistake. With #190 I would say it is easily the hardest in the game when it comes down to skill as you have to have your reactions on point & anticipate the direction you are going on the first few jumps at the start. Once you make it onto the rollercoaster you just have to make minimal mistakes but as long as you cut that turn just before the rollercoaster & keep it straight then you'll have a 5 to 8 sec lead to use. The game is definitely as hard as people say it is. However I had NFS Prestige done too before going into this. Trackmania doesn't require perfection just practice & persistence. For anyone who doesn't know NFS Prestige requires a ridiculous amount of skill in comparison to Trackmania. You are pretty much guaranteed to do it with that game done. I have all my videos up if those are needed.

10 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Yeah, it's much harder than Driveclub. I know others who found it quite hard so it's not easy. I didn't do everything in Driveclub in a few attempts but once you do it, it's something that be done quite consistently.

10 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

I wish I could finish tracks as fast as I did the Venom Hot Laps, spending only one or two hours on a black track might happen but more often than not it will be more. The longest I spent so far was around 5 hours on the hardest red track and 9 hours on #169.

Hey dude, nice to see you went back to it. It looks like you are right in the middle of the hard part currently. I know when I was getting through it quite quickly was probably down to me just playing it a lot. Since you've been taking breaks on it you'll get through it bit by bit. You've done harder games. I didn't even realise you were back on it lol.

10 hours ago, Baker said:

I personally found this game very difficult. For me it’s the second hardest game I’ve completed. But I don’t really play racing games and I am not particularly good at them.

Good luck.

#186 took me 16 hours 1f62d.png. And a couple of other tracks like #175 & #180 took 10+ hours too...

That's pretty impressive as I don't think you need to be the best at a racer to do it although it does help. It's definitely harder than almost every arcade racer out there & I've currently almost finished every hard arcade racer possible. It too is my second hardest game (hoping to do more soon). But considering what you've said, it seems like you took a normal amount of time on them. I guess since I did a harder racer going into it is why most of the game took an average of an hour but I definitely had a few that I just couldn't get done as quickly as I wanted. Congrats on finishing it. Also I see you've done quite a lot of the toughest games too. Nice list.

Edited by Destructor-8

I was in the same position as @Baker. This was the first racing game I ever played, and as such gave me quite a headache at times. Definitely one of the hardest games I completed thus far, and one of the few games that I would not want to plat again. 

But, as you can read in this thread from people with more racing-game experience, it might not be THAT challenging if you have experience with arcade-racing games. 

The worst track for me was #178 at 6 hours, followed by #180 at 5 hours, with many other black tracks taking 2-3 hours. And I also struggled a lot with #125 and #130... 

I have since only played another racing game and that was WipEout Omega Collection. It was an absolute joke in comparison 😅

The Plat is not easy i agree, But if you have fun taking on challenges and don't quit after just a few tries not making it, over time you'll eventually get there!

The gold times are pretty slow on every track with a lot time to spare. Even the trackmaster times are far away from perfect. So a solid run without crashing should always be enough to get a gold medal. The hard ones are the longer tracks where you have to be more consistent and the later tracks that are very unforgiving, screwing your runs over by just a tiny mistake. For gold times it is more often the wiser choice to go a little slower but save, not taking unnessesary risks. I think with a little persistence everyone can make it :-)

For myself i always liked the concept of trackmania with timeattack improving bit by bit and finished the game and the plat within 2 weeks^^ I also got back to the game two years after release to finish of the trackmasters i didnt get until then. 

Then in super solo i found out how slow my times still where on almost all of the tracks xD 

What helped me here to improve was to watch runs of wr pace runs, even if you can't copy the runs obviously you get to know many little tricks that can make a huge difference!

I recommend this list of STM runs by Spammiej for many of them you can even see his inputs, really helpful.

Also if you want to have some solid ghosts to go up against feel free to add me on psn, though i don't know how helpful they are that far ahead of the gold times if you just want gold?

But maybe you get eager to go for the trakmasters as well then those ghosts might do for a good comparison.

On 14/04/2021 at 5:36 PM, Eraezr said:

Tbh, that was quite easy

You can also add me if you want ghost references. 

I didn't do the NFS prestige yet, so I can't offer comparison here, but it is indeed very difficult for someone new to the series.

If you are familiar with the TM gameplays on PC, it lowers the plat difficulty considerably. 

My advice would be to take your time, and don't insist too much if you are blocked on a level. Come back to it the day after with a fresh head, it can do wonders. 

Work up your muscle memory and don't forget that you an stop car rotation by airbraking during air time.

For the Valley half pipes, I strongly recommend to do 360 in the air, as it helps with the physics on this environment. 

For the black series I recorded the ghosts to be pretty forgiving, the tracks themselves being hard enough on their own. 

Good luck ! 

7 hours ago, cbh114 said:

Tbh, that was quite easy

I was able to do Hot Lap II in one go but the first one gave me a lot of trouble (mostly traction control) cuz I was still acclimatising to DriveClub.

I found trackmaster hard as shit. Seriously was starting to doubt my skill level but got it done.  

That hot lap on driveclub was also hard as,  ended up cheesing it and just plowing into the barriers to turn.  

Can't say anything about that need for speed game as I haven't played it.  

Back after another 4 month hiatus (I need to stop taking breaks with this game). Just finished #130, took me like 2 hours, so frustrating. The ghost teases you. It drives like crap in the first lap, then he goes into beast mode and you can’t afford a single mistake. If it wasn’t multi lap it wouldn’t be so bad, not looking forward to the multi laps in the black series.

4 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Back after another 4 month hiatus (I need to stop taking breaks with this game). Just finished #130, took me like 2 hours, so frustrating. The ghost teases you. It drives like crap in the first lap, then he goes into beast mode and you can’t afford a single mistake. If it wasn’t multi lap it wouldn’t be so bad, not looking forward to the multi laps in the black series.

Congrats man! 😅

Don't worry, multilaps won't be the problem in the Black Series 😂 There is luckily only one per environment, and besides the one in Valley, they are pretty easy (at least compared to some of the regular tracks). With #125 and #130, you have (in my opinion) some of the hardest multilaps completed! 

Good luck with the remaining tracks :)  

On 5/19/2021 at 4:02 AM, Kcrack_Km said:

I just happened to beat 130 as well ! Beating it in 2 hours is a solid performance imo, I may have needed a bit more though not by much. I found it pretty damn hard but still WAY easier than 125 for some reason. That one was a nightmare, it must have taken me about 5 hours honestly.

Maybe you found out about it too, but a good tip on 130 is to take the last turn full speed. This way you'll have a lot more speed than the gold medal during the next "engine off" section and can easily catch up 2-3 seconds on him. 

On 5/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, Arcesius said:

Congrats man! 1f605.png

Don't worry, multilaps won't be the problem in the Black Series 1f602.png There is luckily only one per environment, and besides the one in Valley, they are pretty easy (at least compared to some of the regular tracks). With #125 and #130, you have (in my opinion) some of the hardest multilaps completed! 

Good luck with the remaining tracks :)  

Wow I didn't know that, you just made my day. 😁